NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

The crown logo was great.

Their current crown logo?

That's just not true...

No, technically speaking the current one now sucks, I mean the one from last season.

I think this

105.gif

beats the crap out of 71jepx81eqzz1l6q9g1g5j1lh.gif and 4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gif

I feel the same way about the uniforms, especially the away one's. The white with purple worked soooo well in my opinion.

90758391980.gif

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel the same way about the uniforms, especially the away one's. The white with purple worked soooo well in my opinion.

Well as good as any uniform set that rips off the Sacramento Kings can look, anyway.

The Blackhawks getting rid of the red jerseys as their primaries would be like the Yankees ditching the white with blue pinstripes or like Ohio State wearing a silver jersey full-time. It's heresy.

Speaking of alternates, the Canucks would look good if they ditched the stick-in-rink alt (though maintain the logo as a secondary of course) and went with a green version of their primary, especially since there's a dearth of green uniforms in the league right now.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

That's just not true...

The original crown is far worse, it's just soooo detailed, and not in a good way. Totally fails the "can a kid draw it on a notebook" test. That said, the current crown looks so freaking weird, too. Honestly, I don't think the Kings have ever really had a solid identity, but they've been around long enough that everybody kinda lets it go.

What if the Kings swapped all the black for a dark purple? just went purple/silver?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

That's just not true...

The original crown is far worse, it's just soooo detailed, and not in a good way. Totally fails the "can a kid draw it on a notebook" test. That said, the current crown looks so freaking weird, too. Honestly, I don't think the Kings have ever really had a solid identity, but they've been around long enough that everybody kinda lets it go.

What if the Kings swapped all the black for a dark purple? just went purple/silver?

This is not the be all end all factor if a logo is good or not. The new Lightning logo can be drawn on a notebook, but it sucks. The crest they used last season, recolored to black of course, eliminating all purple from the logo because an identity with no purple is the way they are going, would be the way to go here.

Circling back to the Blackhawks for a sec, I wonder if their discontinuing of the black jersey is anyhow connected to counterfeiting. Based on my very unscientific survey of what I've seen at games and around town, it seems like the black jersey has been the most prevalent fake out there.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

No, technically speaking the current one now sucks, I mean the one from last season.

I think this

105.gif

beats the crap out of 71jepx81eqzz1l6q9g1g5j1lh.gif and 4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gif

Respectfully disagree. The crown logo is simply too detailed and abstract to be an instantly recognizable mark for a Hockey Team. While I wasn't initially a fan of the pencil point logo, last years playoffs made me change my mind. All the fans flying flags with that logo on it made me realize how much better the pencil point is at being instantly recognizable. Its a sharp shield with "L.A." and a crown. Says everything it needs to without the clutter of the purple and silver logos. They could stand to simplify the crown though.

Anyone know if they Preds are keeping their blue 3rd jerseys?

Nothing's been confirmed, but the common concensus amongst everyone is that they will not be using them this season.

Unfortunately the navy alternate will not see action next season. Only lasted 2 seasons.

I think this

105.gif

Respectfully disagree. The crown logo is simply too detailed and abstract to be an instantly recognizable mark for a Hockey Team. While I wasn't initially a fan of the pencil point logo, last years playoffs made me change my mind. All the fans flying flags with that logo on it made me realize how much better the pencil point is at being instantly recognizable. Its a sharp shield with "L.A." and a crown. Says everything it needs to without the clutter of the purple and silver logos. They could stand to simplify the crown though.

Fair enough. But what about the Sabres logo in your signature that you and I both agree is better than anything they've ever had? Isn't that pretty overly detailed?

90758391980.gif

Nothing's been confirmed, but the common concensus amongst everyone is that they will not be using them this season.

Unfortunately the navy alternate will not see action next season. Only lasted 2 seasons.

Sucks, knowing how close we were to seeing those as full time jerseys, along with the white one, that was never used

Might be something, might be nothing- Corey Perry threw out the first pitch for tonights Angels game in the Duck's alternate, still advertising? Or a preview of a change coming to their primaries?

If such a change is coming it won't be until the 2012-2013 season.

Might be something, might be nothing- Corey Perry threw out the first pitch for tonights Angels game in the Duck's alternate, still advertising? Or a preview of a change coming to their primaries?

Which would also be the Ducks' 20th year (19th season) of existence. Might be the perfect time to make a change.

But this does seem the way it's going. Every promotional opportunity has the Ducks wearing their 3rd. Since this jersey's inception, the only times the Ducks haven't worn their 3rds have been at the ASG Skills Competition and at the NHL Draft. And even at the ASG, Wildwing wore the 3rd. Besides that they've worn it in the playoffs, at the Ducks in-house skills competition, newspaper ads, at hospital vists, other charity events, Perry wore it at promo things in Vegas, in Santa Monica after the NHL Awards, on SportsCenter, at the Angels game, and even the OC Register's full page ad congratulating Perry had him in the 3rd jersey.

If they aren't pushing for the 3rd to become full-time (or at the very least finally moving the D to the primary, that thing is everywhere in the Ducks' marketing this season), then they sure have a funny way of showing it.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

When Nashville unveiled their navy and checkered alternate two years ago, how often did they use that in local advertising? They even unveiled a white version that was only worn on special occasions and still it was never used as a full-time home jersey.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

When Nashville unveiled their navy and checkered alternate two years ago, how often did they use that in local advertising? They even unveiled a white version that was only worn on special occasions and still it was never used as a full-time home jersey.

I thought the white version of the navy checkered alternate was a prototype.. they were considering just making the navy/black alternate the home jersey and adding that white one as the road verseion. I don't think they ever wore that white jersey in a game, it was a proposed rebrand for this year but they went with the new yellow ones instead, and scrapped the navy/black completley.

In two years time, the earth shall split open and from the fiery hells, a lame preds fauxback will emerge, fulfilling the prophecy of all new franchises having historic uniforms despite having no history.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

In two years time, the earth shall split open and from the fiery hells, a lame preds fauxback will emerge, fulfilling the prophecy of all new franchises having historic uniforms despite having no history.

And lo, the damned sweater was both blue of powder and blue of royal.

And lo, the damned sweater was both blue of powder and blue of royal.

"...and let The Sweater of the Damned have a lace collar and circular crest, harkening to the ancient and holy era circa 1997"

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Which would also be the Ducks' 20th year (19th season) of existence. Might be the perfect time to make a change.

But this does seem the way it's going. Every promotional opportunity has the Ducks wearing their 3rd. Since this jersey's inception, the only times the Ducks haven't worn their 3rds have been at the ASG Skills Competition and at the NHL Draft. And even at the ASG, Wildwing wore the 3rd. Besides that they've worn it in the playoffs, at the Ducks in-house skills competition, newspaper ads, at hospital vists, other charity events, Perry wore it at promo things in Vegas, in Santa Monica after the NHL Awards, on SportsCenter, at the Angels game, and even the OC Register's full page ad congratulating Perry had him in the 3rd jersey.

If they aren't pushing for the 3rd to become full-time (or at the very least finally moving the D to the primary, that thing is everywhere in the Ducks' marketing this season), then they sure have a funny way of showing it.

Yup, and if you remember, the year before they went to their current jerseys, they started wearing their alternate eggplant jersey a lot. Which is kind of the style they were going for with the new set- dark colors, black primary, wordmark across the chest. They especially wore these during the playoffs in 05-06(kind of like they did this year with their alt)

ducksthird.jpg

In my opinion, i'm not the biggest fan of the new third as the primary, while I do like the third jersey, I cant help but think their jersey would look great if they would just replace the wordmark with the D, especially since the curve on the D would match the curve on the main jersey's stripe design and could make for some nice continuity in the jersey, oh, and also replace the black with forest green :P

Archived