2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's two people who have asked about adding Rockies caps that already exist in their set. Are the Rockies such a blah team that no one remembers any of their design elements?

Maybe that is the most obvious rhetorical question of the day.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

That's two people who have asked about adding Rockies caps that already exist in their set. Are the Rockies such a blah team that no one remembers any of their design elements?

Maybe that is the most obvious rhetorical question of the day.

I think they designate them in the style guide but never wear them, or if they do, very rarely. They are a very blah team, though, yes.

I believe "irrelevant" would be the technical term for "blah". It's kind of sad, but they have become completely irrelevant. They have a lot going for them, but they just need to start over from an identity standpoint IMO. Establish a "look", so that when they do get good and get back on a national stage (which let's face it - they'll only really get that chance when they get back into the NLCS or World Series just due to their market) people will know who they are and remember for the next time. Having a classy identity built around purple would be a great start for that, instead of just being another black and silver team with 100 different uniforms. That's not going to get you stuck in anybody's head.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The game I saw at Coors Field the Rockies wore their purple jerseys and looked better than the regular White Sox knockoffs, but I still didn't like it all that much. I think they need to start over.

My problem with the Rockies is that while purple, black, and gray looks okay on the players, it's a really ugly color scheme for fan merch. I had the hardest time finding a shirt in the team store that wasn't completely nasty looking. I had the same problem with the Nuggets come to think of it. Denver has some ugly and wildly varied color schemes for their teams.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I don't think that road jersey is an upgrade at all. It's a shame they didn't recognize that they were that last to use a unique element on the road and choose to own it. Hopefully someone else will add road pinstripes. There should be at least one team with them. I'm even okay with the Cubs trying it. Their roads are pretty blah, although they've grown on me now that they've stuck around 15 years or so.

As for the black-trimmed purple wordmark, I'm thinking those might look nice in person (as in, holding it in front of you off the rack), but that it won't translate well anywhere else, including and especially TV. The old blue-green striping on the Rays were that way for me. Looked cool in person. Looked all-green at any distance.

I had the hardest time finding a shirt in the team store that wasn't completely nasty looking. I had the same problem with the Nuggets come to think of it. Denver has some ugly and wildly varied color schemes for their teams.

It's harder to buy Rockies stuff than the Nuggets, but I'm not huge on purple. The Nuggets' color scheme is very nice, color-wise. I have a good looking navy, lightblue, and yellow shirt. Depends on what style you like.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I don't think that road jersey is an upgrade at all. It's a shame they didn't recognize that they were that last to use a unique element on the road and choose to own it. Hopefully someone else will add road pinstripes. There should be at least one team with them. I'm even okay with the Cubs trying it. Their roads are pretty blah, although they've grown on me now that they've stuck around 15 years or so.

As for the black-trimmed purple wordmark, I'm thinking those might look nice in person (as in, holding it in front of you off the rack), but that it won't translate well anywhere else, including and especially TV. The old blue-green striping on the Rays were that way for me. Looked cool in person. Looked all-green at any distance.

The only team who should wear road pinstripes are the Twins. Only team that's ever looked good in them. Everyone else has looked off, kind of gimmicky. Twins pulled them off perfectly.

Bad, bad idea. I know they changed from the Colt .45's back in the 60's, but this would be a bad idea.

I actually like the name Houston Colts. Nice tie in to the original and more PC?

Been there, done that. They considered changing their name before moving into Enron Field, which is how we ended up with the Astros wearing incongruous South Texas Railmen uniforms.

How about you focus on developing a uniform that just works with the name instead?

Archived