2011-12 soccer kits

Saintsfan

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still can't see them tossing the current badge, not for that badge anyways

It's the same badge, just with an anniversary add-on. Much the same as Arsenal did for the last season in Highbury.

Monochromatic badges aren't new in English football. They've been on change shirts for years.

I didn't really like either of Liverpool's clash jerseys this season, but I'm definitely buying this one. Only gripe I've got is that the shoulder stripes are white instead of silver, but that's very minor.

I didn't really like either of Liverpool's clash jerseys this season, but I'm definitely buying this one. Only gripe I've got is that the shoulder stripes are white instead of silver, but that's very minor.

Im pretty sure those are silver:

"All the logos on the shirt come in the bird silver colours including the adidas stripes, although the two Eternal Flames remembering the 96 that lost their lives in the Hillsborough disaster still remain in a bright red colour."

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/11/12-kits/liverpool-fc-11-12-adidas-away-kit.html

Im pretty sure those are silver:

"All the logos on the shirt come in the bird silver colours including the adidas stripes, although the two Eternal Flames remembering the 96 that lost their lives in the Hillsborough disaster still remain in a bright red colour."

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/11/12-kits/liverpool-fc-11-12-adidas-away-kit.html

Must be the lighting or angle then. The front shot makes them look silver while the two side shots look white. Guess it's perfect then. :grin:

The Liverpool kit is a very very dark grey with the silver touches as mentioned... paired with a black goalkeeper's shirt. :therock:

Not sure who was awake or asleep at the club when adidas slipped that one through.

Edit: Now they're saying the black keeper's kit is a home kit and the current home keeper's garb will become the away kit next season.

Why can't adidas get rid of the dam three stripe shoulders? Isn't a logo on the chest enough?!

Its what adidas do. Its to do with trademarking and brand recognition. Sometimes the logo is enough, in some sports and on some designs, because they are individual enough, but without the arm striping, adidas would probably resort to messy, elaborate kits like other manufacturers do from time to time.

The Liverpool kit is a very very dark grey with the silver touches as mentioned... paired with a black goalkeeper's shirt. :therock:

Not sure who was awake or asleep at the club when adidas slipped that one through.

Edit: Now they're saying the black keeper's kit is a home kit and the current home keeper's garb will become the away kit next season.

Keeper kits are interchangeable anyways. Besides, the ref that let them slide out with a keeper shirt too close to what the players wear would be reffing Isthmian League games after that

Archived