Google Chrome's new logo

CS85

OLD

chrome-chromium-orbs.jpg

NEW

chrome-chromium-logos.jpg

This was from like 3 weeks ago, but no search results turned up anything. I think it's a major upgrade, I hated the old chrome look.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I actually prefer the Pokeball look.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Big improvement IMO...looks less gimmicky

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I think what is bugging me about it is the matte finish. It's named Chrome for crying out loud! At least the Pokeball was shiny.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The old logo made Chrome look distinctive. The new logo lacks the factor that differentiates it from other logos.

The old logo may not have been great, but this new set is a failure.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

The Pokeball logo is very mechanical. It looks like it's got moving parts.

The old logo looks about as "fresh" as one of the 9.2 million "Bills" concepts on this board.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The old logo made Chrome look distinctive. The new logo lacks the factor that differentiates it from other logos.

You mean the old logo that was shiny, full of gradients, and extremely bright? That makes it look just like every other logo that's come out in the last decade, which is exactly the opposite of distinctive.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

You mean the old logo that was shiny, full of gradients, and extremely bright? That makes it look just like every other logo that's come out in the last decade, which is exactly the opposite of distinctive.

Hardly, Andrew. The overall look made it stick out compared to other similar looking logos. The flat look makes it less distinctive compared to others. Most would not confuse the old logo with another, regardless of how bad or good it is.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Hardly, Andrew. The overall look made it stick out compared to other similar looking logos. The flat look makes it less distinctive compared to others. Most would not confuse the old logo with another, regardless of how bad or good it is.

The overall look (and execution) is the same as tons of other logos! You're basically saying that it's easier to pick out an off-white egg in a basket of white eggs than it is to pick out a black egg in a basket of white eggs!

sphereslookalikes.jpg

Flat logo wins again.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived