College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not exactly uniform news, but the Big Ten unveiled their championship trophy today.

386532087.jpg

This is pretty damn sexy... at least they got the trophy right

Now if only we could get new division names....

I heard someone once, I forget who, suggest Lakes and Farms as the 2 division names. At first it doesn't seem that amazing, and kind of tacky. But really I think its pretty good (at least when compared to Leaders and Legends)...I assume it would be Michigan, MSU, OSU, Minn, Wis, Northwestern in the Lakes Division. Indiana, Iowa, Penn State, Nebraska, Illinois, and Purdue in the Farms Division.

90758391980.gif

I know everybody already saw the new UA Maryland uniforms

Red_White_1314745602.jpg

But this combination looks very good, everybody was focused on the black set, but this one is insane

As a general rule, any Maryland uniform looks better when they stick with the basic red and white.

The B1G logo still looks terrible to me.

It'll look like genius when they add Missouri, Kansas, Pitt, and Syracuse.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I know everybody already saw the new UA Maryland uniforms

Red_White_1314745602.jpg

But this combination looks very good, everybody was focused on the black set, but this one is insane

For some reason I think Maryland's new jerseys are the worst in FBS football.

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

The B1G logo still looks terrible to me.

It'll look like genius when they add Missouri, Kansas, Pitt, and Syracuse.

Missouri will never be in the Big Ten. They're not good enough academically. Actually, Oklahoma and Missouri offered themselves to the Big Ten last year and were turned down because of academics.

Missouri will never be in the Big Ten. They're not good enough academically. Actually, Oklahoma and Missouri offered themselves to the Big Ten last year and were turned down because of academics.

Where did you hear that? Missouri is an AAU Member Institution (as are all of the B1G schools); they don't just hand that distinction out to anyone.

I don't know the exact requirements, but I know you have to do more than be an AAU member. I think it has a lot to do with grad school programs, grant money received for research projects, etc.

What's to say that can't change in the near future?

Again, they don't hand AAU Member Institution status out to just anyone. We're not talking about New Mexico State here.

I don't know the exact requirements, but I know you have to do more than be an AAU member. I think it has a lot to do with grad school programs, grant money received for research projects, etc.

I think the requirements to be Big Ten member #13-16 are going to be less stringent than the requirements to be Big Ten member #12.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What's to say that can't change in the near future?

Again, they don't hand AAU Member Institution status out to just anyone. We're not talking about New Mexico State here.

AAU Member status isn't a requirement anymore since Nebraska got their AAU membership revoked...

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

The gloves don't do the celebration, the players do.

The players wouldn't draw the penalty for flashing the glove logo if they, you know, didn't have the glove logo. The logos are there specifically for that kind of display and that display is an automatic unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. It's an incredibly stupid and misguided gimmick by Nike and Adidas.

You asked why Nike makes gloves like these, and you got your answer. Money. They can't sell plane gloves for $75, and no one would buy a tshirt featuring a picture of generic, plain gloves. Its money. Its not a stupid gimmmick, its another revenue stream from a piece of equipment that previously would never be profit-generating item in the fan store. And it worked. To make money. Money. Money. Money. Companies want to make money.

Nike and Adidas don't give a rats ass about penalties. That is a coaches job. Nike's job is to make money. Players' "job" is to play football. Coaches' job is to coach (and that includes coaching players to not get penalties).

Once again, I hardly think gloves are a huge-selling item. Why shell out $70 for a pair of gloves when you can get a jersey for a similar price? It's a ridiculous idea and yes, it is a stupid gimmick. It's nothing but a gimmick and it's incredibly stupid, ergo it's a stupid gimmick.

Archived