2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd hate to watch sports like that. Life's more fun when you give people the benefit of the doubt.

Good win for the Lakers tonight.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Most blatantly biased and poor officiating I've seen since 2002. Despicable. OKC got shafted.

Joe Crawford is like the NBA's version of Teddy Long and Danny Davis you know somebody is going to get cheated.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Oh, puh-lease. The refereeing for this entire season and playoffs have been a sham. It's no time to start throwing around the fixing card at this point.

Anyway, good win. OKC kept fighting back and the Lakers kept coming back. Series could easily be 2-1 the other way, but the win tonight was huge. Kobe went into full Kobe mode tonight, and it was awesome. Gotta take Game 4 as well, even it up back to OKC.

Celtics lost. Lakers won. (Angels won.) "I didn't even have to use my AK. Today was a good day."

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Oh, puh-lease. The refereeing for this entire season and playoffs have been a sham. It's no time to start throwing around the fixing card at this point.

Exactly. It's not "the NBA" if the refereeing doesn't get worse as the season gets longer!

6uXNWAo.png

Most blatantly biased and poor officiating I've seen since 2002. Despicable. OKC got shafted.

Did you see who was refereeing? Two stand out in my mind. Joey Crawford and Marc Davis (a.k.a. the guy who called a technical foul on Reggie Evans for high-fiving Blake Griffin. I will never forget that). Those two refs are so awful, it's a travesty that they're even allowed in the NBA anymore.

And blatantly biased? Please. Kindly think before you blurt out non-sense, bull :censored: . Officiating has been piss-poor all year, and in the post-season it's getting worse. No single team is receiving the favoritism from the officials or blatantly getting the shaft from them either.

Bad calls are being served to every team this post-season on a silver platter.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

The officiating was shaky and in favor of the Lakers, but if you think about it, OKC is right where they should be. They played awful on Wednesday, and really shouldn't have won. Tonight, they played a lot better, but they didn't win. So, they should be up 2-1 either way you look at it, and they are. I think that OKC wins tonight. They will close this out at their place in five.

That was a beat down of a first quarter. 33-11 Clippers after one.

Also, like Van Gundy said last night, I don't care how booked the Staples Center is, there's no excuse for playoff games on back-to-back nights, which is what the Thunder and Lakers will be doing tonight.

IUe6Hvh.png

Also, like Van Gundy said last night, I don't care how booked the Staples Center is, there's no excuse for playoff games on back-to-back nights, which is what the Thunder and Lakers will be doing tonight.

You know, now that I'm really looking at it, I have no idea why they scheduled it all like this other than for the spectacle of it or because TV told them to. The Next event at Staples isn't until Tuesday (a freaking Sparks game), so they easily could have alternated the Lakers and Clippers Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon with just the one Kings game on Sunday noon.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

What a beat down the rest of this game has been. Since that first quarter, the Spurs have outscored the Clippers 73-39. Crazy.

IUe6Hvh.png

You know, now that I'm really looking at it, I have no idea why they scheduled it all like this other than for the spectacle of it or because TV told them to. The Next event at Staples isn't until Tuesday (a freaking Sparks game), so they easily could have alternated the Lakers and Clippers Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon with just the one Kings game on Sunday noon.

You answered your own question. But in March, Staples had 33 events in 31 days. Also remember there are six networks there: Four US and Two Canadian

NBC was limited in taking the early Sunday TV window from the NHL for the Kings-Coyotes -- it couldn't move it to Saturday because of the Preakness going off at about 3 p.m. PDT (the pre-race coverage begins at 1:30 p.m. PDT). NBC traditionally uses the Eastern Conference final for its 10 a.m. PDT window, which will be Game 3 between the Rangers and Devils as the lead-in. No matter how crazy it was getting at Staples Center, a 10 a.m. faceoff Saturday wasn't going to happen.

There's no excuse for back-to-back playoff games, but I submit that there is also no excuse for three or four days between playoff games, which the NBA has done to us before. It all averages out in the end, I guess.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

A 34-point swing in that Spurs-Clippers game. That's a bit embarrassing for the Clippers, but considering that the Spurs are currently on a whole 'nother level from the rest of the field right now, not too embarrassing.

A 34-point swing in that Spurs-Clippers game. That's a bit embarrassing for the Clippers, but considering that the Spurs are currently on a whole 'nother level from the rest of the field right now, not too embarrassing.

Plus, I don't think the Clips are at the level people perceive them to be. People just find it strange to see the Clips with household names. I don't think they ever will get there. There is something to their name. Donald clips those wings every time they start to soar.

Strangely, the lockout was the best thing that ever happened to the Spurs.

Pop has cultivated a ridiculously deep unit with players who were never expected to be as good as they are. It's a well-oiled machine in San Antonio, and truth be told, it's hard to see them losing to anyone right now. Remarkable.

spacer.png

Really tough loss for the Clippers but I expected to lose this one anyway. Time to start looking forward to the offseason, I guess.

First order of business: FIRE VINNY. I will never understand how he could just stand there slackjawed on the sideline while the team was getting their asses kicked and not realize that adjustments needed to be made. Somehow, this guy has spent so many years in the NBA as a player, front-office guy, and coach, yet he has the basketball IQ of someone who just learned about the sport today.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Really tough loss for the Clippers but I expected to lose this one anyway. Time to start looking forward to the offseason, I guess.

First order of business: FIRE VINNY. I will never understand how he could just stand there slackjawed on the sideline while the team was getting their asses kicked and not realize that adjustments needed to be made. Somehow, this guy has spent so many years in the NBA as a player, front-office guy, and coach, yet he has the basketball IQ of someone who just learned about the sport today.

I got news for you, Lil' Boy Blue...your boy Vinny just got the Clip show into the playoffs for the first time in how long? (Sure, they mighta done it in spite of him, but the fact that they even made it in at all is saying something.) He ain't going nowhere.

You got him for one more season. Along with Norv. We'll al be looking forward to your eventual spontaneous combustion sometime around week 8 of the NFL season.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived