2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got news for you, Lil' Boy Blue...your boy Vinny just got the Clip show into the playoffs for the first time in how long? (Sure, they mighta done it in spite of him, but the fact that they even made it in at all is saying something.) He ain't going nowhere.

Yeah, as if CP3 and Griffin weren't actually the only reasons the Clippers made the playoffs. Come on now.

The fact of the matter is, expectations are higher now than just making the playoffs, the team is about to get swept in embarrassing fashion, and Vinny's contract is up in the offseason. I'm thinking they'll let CP3 and BG have a say in picking the next coach.

Yeah, I wouldn't say it as harshly as dwfabel, but the Clippers aren't winning a championship any time soon. In the NBA, teams like the Clippers don't win. They have nice playoff runs (see: Kings, Suns, and Nuggets of the past decade), but they always lose to the Lakers or that decade's analogue. It's just how the league works.

People used to say that about the Mavericks until they finally got a competent coach and a good center.

Sadly the Clips dont have either. In fact they just signed a pretty bad center for 4 years/40 million

To add to all this?well hold up. I didn't realize Del Negro's contract was up after this season. In that case, the Clipper Dinner Table and whatever little red wagon the extra fairweather fans jumped into may get their wish.

Anyway, not that I don't agree with your premise, Lights Out, but here's the thing: DONALD STERLING. I'll just leave it at that. :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

As the Clippers season winds down, let's take a look at some of the better 'LightsOut' quotes from the season:

Posted December 20, 2011 - 18:24

Chill... I'm not going to post about all 66 games, just the notable ones. No need to overreact.

This was my favorite. I think he meant to say "Post about only the 66 games". Every day there's something about the Clippers on here. I'm surprised he didn't tell us every time Blake Griffin decides to take dump, everything else was documented.

I hope the Spurs win tonight!

Man, Chris Paul was the opposite of clutch that last minute. Almost lost possesion once, and then gets a bad look with under 10 seconds remaining. The Clippers were given a chance with a second left when the Spurs missed the FT, but freakin Mo Williams can't even get any sort of shot off!

Okay, so this was the one season the Clippers were going to go "all in" for whatever fans they had left. It failed. Guaranteed, there will be a salary slashing fire sale to come shortly.

6uXNWAo.png

Okay, so this was the one season the Clippers were going to go "all in" for whatever fans they had left. It failed. Guaranteed, there will be a salary slashing fire sale to come shortly.

I think the Clippers are willing to spend the money, the problem is and always has been how much are people in the organization willing to put up with Donald Sterling's ego.

He's definitely cheap as they get but they have gone after alot of big names in recent years and were able to land one.

Their biggest problem is on defense and the Spurs exposed them big time in that department. The best defensive player they have is Chris Paul. DeAndre Jordan is above average for a center and that's basically it in terms of players that I would be concerned about defensively.

I think what they need to do this offseason is go out and get a Nicolas Batum, a Paul George, a Brandon Rush, a Gerald Wallace. A swingman that can provide you solid defensive help and be an everyday starter. Either that or you don't build the team around Blake Griffin because he is never going to be much more the an average defensive player, so the Clippers are going to have to find a way of making up that lost defense.

I wonder if the Clippers should replace complete idiot Vinny Del Negro with mere partial idiot Mike D'Antoni. You'd have continuity in terms of the I-dunno-just-go-do-stuff offensive philosophy, for better or worse, but he would improve the Clippers in important departments such as "not using all your timeouts by the end of the third quarter," "not using timeouts while you yourselves are on a scoring run," and "having a modicum of rhyme and/or reason to playing time." I dunno. Something to consider. It'd probably be another subsidized hire like Vinny, depending on how things were worked out with the Knicks when he left.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Orlando could hire Phil Jackson, and it still won't matter. D12 isn't staying in Orlando. He'll probably hold the Magic hostage like LeBron did with the Cavs, telling hit teammates and fans what they wanna hear, then will bolt the moment free agency begins.

6uXNWAo.png

Oklahoma City is too precious to be a pro sports market.

I bet they have a church bake sale and 4H sign-ups in the concourse.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Wow, the refs just handed the Thunder 4 points in turning a 51-50 Lakers lead to a 54-51 Thunder lead.

Where are you now Lights Out? How about that piece of fine NBA officiating? Still think it's blatantly biased?

Refs call a Flagrant 1 on MWP, then call two T's on MWP and Kobe. I can see why they called the tech on MWP, but not on Kobe. And, for the life of me I can't understand why they gave World Peace a flagrant 1. It was just a foul. Not even a hard foul.

NBA officiating is a joke. I hope the champion isn't determined through poor officiating. Why don't we have these problems in NCAA?

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Where are you now Lights Out? How about that piece of fine NBA officiating? Still think it's blatantly biased?

Ummmm, yeah, it's pretty biased. Thunder have been getting all the calls tonight, but hey, you guys got the calls in Game 3, so I guess this series is actually even in some twisted way.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived