NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Bears hat doesn't look too bad in this light.

Which one? The "CHICAGO" 59Fifty or "BEARS" 39Thirty?

If you take a look at both...there are a lot of logos on the hat. You have the front panel logo, the team logo on the hat-wearer's right side, the New Era logo on the left side, and probably the NFL logo on the back. Add to that the conference logo on the bottom side of the brim on the 9Fifty (which may or may not be present on the fitteds), and the only thing missing on these is a stadium logo.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The 59fifty. Here's comparison with that photo and the original:

Original:

pageviewfindpostp176749.jpg

IRL:

tumblrm1i9mg8klm1r7lvf8.png

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I still have yet to see any hard evidence of this "5-year rule" i.e. quote or excerpt from the NFL rule book or league memorandum or something like that.

So are we sure this thing REALLY exisys, or is it more an urban myth fabricated over time?

We're sure that it existed, at least a couple years ago.

IIRC, Glazer explained it when the Bucs unveiled their throwbacks a couple years ago.

EDIT: Found it!

Now that it has officially gone through the process and had it approved by the league, Tampa Bay is required by the NFL to wear its throwback uniforms at least one time over the next five years.

"Yes, the NFL says that if you elect to change your uniform or wear a throwback, you have to wear them for five years," said (Bucs co-chairman Ed) Glazer. "You can wear them up to two regular season games and one preseason game. This year we are going to wear them for one regular season game, and next we will probably wear them for two. We'll see, but they will be here for at least five years."

As others have said, the rule may have been relaxed or repealed since 2009. The NFL tends to play its cards very close to the vest.

Splendid...thanks, Goth.

(And do not ask me how I missed that press release when it first came out, especially considering the team it refers to. I honestly couldn't tell you.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

If you take a look at both...there are a lot of logos on the hat. You have the front panel logo, the team logo on the hat-wearer's right side, the New Era logo on the left side, and probably the NFL logo on the back. Add to that the conference logo on the bottom side of the brim on the 9Fifty (which may or may not be present on the fitteds), and the only thing missing on these is a stadium logo.

Anytime you use or alter a team logo in a 'creative' manner, you have to place what's called a 'cure' logo on the garment, which is generally a smaller image of the logo without any effects applied to it. The fact that New Era has placed the text over top of the logo on the front necessitated the placement of the cure logo on the right side of the cap.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I'm not sure why people are giving up on some noticable changes when Nike said specifically that they're going to respect tradition, but try to have a little fun. I'm expecting some tasteful but significant changes for some of the teams that have worn modern templates that don't serve up to tradition. Won't be surprised if Atlanta tweaks its jersey design to the slightest.

I completely agree. Atlanta is the one team I keep thinking about when I try to imagine who will change their jerseys. There are other candidates(AZ, MIN, CIN), but Atlanta sticks out in my mind. I can't really explain why.

Let me try to help, Mike Vick?

The reasons the Black jerseys got shifted to 2nd and now gone was because Arthur Blank was so disgusted with that whole situation and wanted to try to move away from the image of the Mike Vick Falcons. I think it makes sense that if Nike gave him some tweaks that he would agree to them. Now I'd be shocked if they came out with an all new set, but I would be even more shocked if ATL didn't tweak them a little just because of Blank's want to get away from that look.

As for the Red lids thing, I think that was just something that happened on here. Somebody had it in a concept/mentioned it might look good and it kinda exploded with a few of us drooling over some photoshoped images of it.

They switched to red jerseys as a primary while Vick was still there. IIRC there were rumers that it was Vick who wanted the red as primary.

If you take a look at both...there are a lot of logos on the hat. You have the front panel logo, the team logo on the

hat-wearer's right side, the New Era logo on the left side, and probably the NFL logo on the back. Add to that the conference logo on the bottom side of the brim on the 9Fifty (which may or may not be present on the fitteds), and the only thing missing on these is a stadium logo.

Anytime you use or alter a team logo in a 'creative' manner, you have to place what's called a 'cure' logo on the garment, which is generally a smaller image of the logo without any effects applied to it. The fact that New Era has placed the text over top of the logo on the front necessitated the placement of the cure logo on the right side of the cap.

Interesting. I had no idea a "cure" logo was required.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

th_photo.jpg

Little teaser of the Vikings dri-fit. Place of employment has them sitting in the back waiting to go out on the 3rd. Purple seemed a bit darker, wordmark was mostly the same. Would've snapped a pic of the design bu

t, alas, the boss was over the shoulder. Very excited.

Is there any chance that there could be lots of new alternates? If most teams aren't making substantial changes to standard uniform, it would be a good way for Nike to put out new stuff without ticking off traditionalists. Just a hope on my part, I'm guessing we would have heard something if that was the case. I just really want to see a new red patriots alternate. I am sick of the throwbacks. Pats haven't had any type of new Jersey in a long time and the silver alternate just never worked.

th_photo.jpg

Little teaser of the Vikings dri-fit. Place of employment has them sitting in the back waiting to go out on the 3rd. Purple seemed a bit darker, wordmark was mostly the same. Would've snapped a pic of the design but, alas, the boss was over the shoulder. Very excited.

Was that an actual jersey, or just another type of apparel? To me, I associate "dri-fit" with jerseys, so that's why I ask.

th_photo.jpg

Little teaser of the Vikings dri-fit. Place of employment has them sitting in the back waiting to go out on the 3rd. Purple seemed a bit darker, wordmark was mostly the same. Would've snapped a pic of the design but, alas, the boss was over the shoulder. Very excited.

Was that an actual jersey, or just another type of apparel? To me, I associate "dri-fit" with jerseys, so that's why I ask.

I'm pretty sure that's apparel (all nike sports-wear has the dri-fit script somewhere on the hip, sleeve, etc.). The fabric definitely looks like a shirt.

th_photo.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's apparel (all nike sports-wear has the dri-fit script somewhere on the hip, sleeve, etc.). The fabric definitely looks like a shirt.

Correct. The Dri-Fit program is only for apparel. Nike is using Recycled Poly for all replica jerseys as far as I know...

th_photo.jpg

Correct. The Dri-Fit program is only for apparel. Nike is using Recycled Poly for all replica jerseys as far as I know...

Ok, I thought so. I ask because the only Nike things I own that say "dri-fit" on them are some soccer jerseys I bought when I went to Europe this Summer.

Edit: I also own some polos that say it, but it does say it on the soccer jerseys I own.

Yeah it was the shirt. If you can see, on the second 'layer' of the tag it says "On Field," according to the branding (and just the feel of the material) it looked to be a team training shirt. There was also a women's version that had the regular profile logo, no changes there.

th_photo.jpg

Little teaser of the Vikings dri-fit. Place of employment has them sitting in the back waiting to go out on the 3rd. Purple seemed a bit darker, wordmark was mostly the same. Would've snapped a pic of the design bu

Is there any chance that there could be lots of new alternates? If most teams aren't making substantial changes to standard uniform, it would be a good way for Nike to put out new stuff without ticking off traditionalists. Just a hope on my part, I'm guessing we would have heard something if that was the case. I just really want to see a new red patriots alternate. I am sick of the throwbacks. Pats haven't had any type of new Jersey in a long time and the silver alternate just never worked.

Not this year - all 2012 alternates would have to have been submitted and approved back in 2011. Even new alternates will have to wait until 2013 aside from any alternate that is part of the Seahawks update, that black alternate for the Jaguars, and of course the Broncos switching to orange primary/navy alternate (but not changing styles).

th_photo.jpg

Not this year - all 2012 alternates would have to have been submitted and approved back in 2011. Even new alternates will have to wait until 2013 aside from any alternate that is part of the Seahawks update, that black alternate for the Jaguars, and of course the Broncos switching to orange primary/navy alternate (but not changing styles).

There will be some alternates, but the only way you'd get to see some real creativity from Nike is if it's a faux-back. The NFL still has pretty strict rules on what you can do with alternates (basically only a recolor.) I know the Steelers will be getting a new alternate (the vertically striped jersey like they wore for the 75th anniversary, I think) and I'm pretty sure I remember hearing the Bears would get a throwback alternate as well.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived