College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This Russell set for Ohio is ten-thousand times better than half of the Under Armor monstrosities.

For that matter, it's also better than a bunch of Nike and Adidas schools, too.

134593337_display_image.jpg?1323107584

Tim wins. You can't blindly say that everything by a particular manufacturer is inherently good or bad.

The Ohio uniforms are one of only two good uniform sets Russell's made in recent memory, the other being Georgia Tech's new look. Even then, Ohio's old Adidas uniforms were better.

Russell barely even tries for most teams. Either they go uber-plain or they lazily fill in one of their ugly templates. It's a shame, because they were one of the better manufacturers back when they kept things simple but experimented with stuff like custom fonts and patterned jacquard trim.

Whaaa??

My sentiments exactly.

Russel's new Georgia Tech set is a prime example of trying to hard and utterly failing.

Not sure if this was posted or not. I saw the thing about them retiring their logo, but nothing about these atrocities:

original.jpg

It's pretty funny that VT is the latest school to rip off Boise's "Death Horse" helmets, because those debuted in a Bronco win over none other than VT.

Anyway, there are VERY few teams that could pull off a helmet design like this, and VT is not one of them.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

they should just stop with these special helmets. va tech has great helmets, in my opinion, so why do they keep messing with them?

I wish the whole NCAA would stop. I don't understand why so many schools have so many helmets.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

And I thought the hokie track helmets were bad...

Virginia Tech has such a great uniform set if they keep it simple. I wouldn't even mind that they have maroon, orange, and white helmets as long as they all had the VT logo and triple stripe. But they insist on messing it up with these stupid helmets. Just because your name is the hokies doesn't mean you need to play that up. They did just fine when they only used the VT logo, no need to change it up.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

You know, if I was a coach, I'd only consent to the super special awesome alternate uniforms with the understanding that if the team lost while wearing them, they wouldn't get to wear them for the rest of the season, and if they lost to Boston College or (fill in name of other hapless opponent here), they'd be done for the next decade.

I mention this because Virginia Tech is currently down by 10 to Boston College and seriously folks the motivation, it clearly isn't there.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You know, if I was a coach, I'd only consent to the super special awesome alternate uniforms with the understanding that if the team lost while wearing them, they wouldn't get to wear them for the rest of the season, and if they lost to Boston College or (fill in name of other hapless opponent here), they'd be done for the next decade.

I mention this because Virginia Tech is currently down by 10 to Boston College and seriously folks the motivation, it clearly isn't there.

...but the recruitzzz!

Archived