The Carolina Panthers new logo is HERE

DeFrank

Something more along the lines of this would've made me a very happy camper.

whatcouldhavebeen.png

EDIT: Now that I see dgnmrwrw's, I actually see what they were going for. It took me awhile to piece together the curves and swoops to get the whole picture. But still.

Wow, the highlighting here is almost perfect. Just not too big of a fan of the highlighting under the right eye(or the panther's left eye). Other than that, perfect.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a quick look at the changes I would have made to what CDixon called (quite accurately, imo) an excellent idea that was sloppily executed.

panthers_new_2.png

Basically, I thinned the whiskers and teeth a little and adjusted the highlighting on the top of the head, the chin/jaw area, and the neck. I also made the blue whiskers silver and made the eyes and teeth white. Thoughts?

Why is he raising his eyebrow? Looks more like something startled him.

whatcouldhavebeen.png

EDIT: Now that I see dgnmrwrw's, I actually see what they were going for. It took me awhile to piece together the curves and swoops to get the whole picture. But still.

Sorry, but this is a mess of stuff.

Well, if there is truth to the rumor that the shape of the logo was supposed to be an abstract outline of the Carolinas, then i understand why the overall shape of the logo wasn't tinkered with, and was just tweaked...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Interesting to note that the Nike Facebook page doesn't have any other teams with a new logo (from what I can tell). The Seahawks, a team many of us are expecting to be in new uniforms in 2012, seem to have no changes (the colors look a little different to me, but I think it's just the photo).

This doesn't really jive with the reports from some of the guys on this forum who say they have seen the new stuff. Didn't Unwind say that one team was getting minor tweaks (I assume that would be the Panthers) and one was getting a more significant overhaul? Maybe I am remembering it wrong. He might have been talking about the uniforms, although I'm pretty sure he said two logos were tweaked. If it's true, maybe Nike is just doing a better job keeping that particular team under wraps.

I think its a huge upgrade. The old logo definitely had a 90s feel and looked very flat compared to the new one. With the lack of silver, I really hope they change the helmet color. Would love to see an electric blue helmet or even black. Blue would especially look unique compared to the rest of the league, as long as they do it right. But I guess they will most likely stay with silver just please get rid of the weird curved stripes. They have always looked a bit off to me. Hopefully they have a good wordmark and matching number font to go with this.

As far as other teams, I wouldn't be surprised if there are more logos being tweaked. I think the panthers could have been overlooked by Nike because the new logo is pretty similar to the old one, and maybe they forgot. Just a guess...

Here's a quick look at the changes I would have made to what CDixon called (quite accurately, imo) an excellent idea that was sloppily executed.

panthers_new_2.png

Basically, I thinned the whiskers and teeth a little and adjusted the highlighting on the top of the head, the chin/jaw area, and the neck. I also made the blue whiskers silver and made the eyes and teeth white. Thoughts?

Why is he raising his eyebrow? Looks more like something startled him.

whatcouldhavebeen.png

Sorry, but this is a mess of stuff.

Yeah, I really prefer the "New" logo as opposed to the concepts. Like you said the first one looks startled, confused, or like he has an evil smirk. The second one has too many minor details and the huge blue outline overpowers the black and makes it look flat.

Yeah, I really prefer the "New" logo as opposed to the concepts. Like you said the first one looks startled, confused, or like he has an evil smirk. The second one has too many minor details and the huge blue outline overpowers the black and makes it look flat.

By using the shapes from the "New" logo as a baseline, I didn't notice this at first. So I went back and tweaking the eye/forehead area. Hopefully it's better now. (I also made the teeth a little more derivative of the original logo.)

panthers_new_3.png

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Well, if there is truth to the rumor that the shape of the logo was supposed to be an abstract outline of the Carolinas, then i understand why the overall shape of the logo wasn't tinkered with, and was just tweaked...

That's the rumor, but Ive never heard any confirmation.

Regardless, the shape is ugly. Too-clever hidden elements are no justification for having an ugly logo, especially when it could have been tweaked (smaller neck) with the basic idea retained.

panthers_new_2.png

The eyebrow on yours reminds me of The Rock. :therock:

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

That new cat looks like something out of Mortal Kombat. For reals.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

After staring at it for 5 minutes, I STILL HATE the neck. It looks dumb, but I got over it. Then I kept focusing on the Chin. Why? Wtf were the thinking with that line?

Oh well, it is an upgrade, but shouldve been better.

Also, Unwind, if this is the logo upgrade that impressed you so much, shame.

Very nicely done. It's different yet the same. A nice minor tweak.

Of course how many people/media outlets won't be aware? I'll venture to say a TON.

Yep, you'll be seeing the old one on television for years.

Sad and true. It took me forever to notice the Browns switch to a grey facemask since some TV stations and websites still have them with a white one. Now that you've mentioned it, I wonder how many still use the Cardinals older logo.

panthers_new_2.png

The one on the right looks like he sees a friend and he's like "Whassup, dawg???"

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

Archived