The Carolina Panthers new logo is HERE

DeFrank

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still not too sure how I feel about this. The old one definitely could have used an update, but I think they could have done a lot better. I could see this looking dated pretty quickly.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Now that it's leaked I can officially rant. I've stared in horror at this thing for a while. I was terribly disappointed when I got the first look. Many designers' quarrel with the last loo is how horribly drawn it was, and in my opinion this one is worse....

I can agree fully with most of you that it could have been done better, there are parts I like and parts that baffle me considering Nike's previous work that was amazing. The ears are wrong, whiskers are inconsistent and, the biggest thing that stands out is the right "lazy" eye that was lost...

I understand where they were going, and it's an excellent vision, but the execution just isn't there.

Can't wait for you guys to see the word mark....

A quick trace in Illustrator, trying my best to eliminate the curves of the hands and fingers, yields this:

panthers_new.png

There are definitely parts of this I really like and parts I really don't. I'm gonna tweak the bits I'm sour on and see how it could have looked.

Upgrade. Maybe not a major upgrade, but an upgrade nontheless. Like the eyes, really like the removal of the final useless black outline. Top of the head is much better shaped, but I have to agree with Goth... you're keeping the neck?

Now that it's leaked I can officially rant. I've stared in horror at this thing for a while. I was terribly disappointed when I got the first look. Many designers' quarrel with the last loo is how horribly drawn it was, and in my opinion this one is worse....

I can agree fully with most of you that it could have been done better, there are parts I like and parts that baffle me considering Nike's previous work that was amazing. The ears are wrong, whiskers are inconsistent and, the biggest thing that stands out is the right "lazy" eye that was lost...

I understand where they were going, and it's an excellent vision, but the execution just isn't there.

Can't wait for you guys to see the word mark....

Can't be much worse than what they already have.... but then again, this IS nike we're talking about

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Here's a quick look at the changes I would have made to what CDixon called (quite accurately, imo) an excellent idea that was sloppily executed.

panthers_new_2.png

Basically, I thinned the whiskers and teeth a little and adjusted the highlighting on the top of the head, the chin/jaw area, and the neck. I also made the blue whiskers silver and made the eyes and teeth white. Thoughts?

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

panthers_new.png

It's weird: By itself, it's fine...but when you compare it to the old logo, its a downgrade. It's not like it's ugly, but it's only a few steps away from being an upgrade.

The edits you guys have made would've made it an upgrade, however. So yeah, it's not BAD, but it's not exactly an upgrade, either. Hopefully they don't botch the uniforms & scripts.

A quick trace in Illustrator, trying my best to eliminate the curves of the hands and fingers, yields this:

panthers_new.png

There are definitely parts of this I really like and parts I really don't. I'm gonna tweak the bits I'm sour on and see how it could have looked.

That is a beautiful update to their logo. Now it looks much more fluid.

Archived