2013 Minor League & Independent Baseball changes

Burmy

Not gonna lie I was super happy to find out Brandiose was doing a re-brand for the Legends but, when I saw the reveal I was thinking to myself that this can't be it?! Love the home jersey and the moustache cap but, that is all. I have a feeling that Brandiose didn't steer the ship completely on these. If it were me I would keep the home jersey's and pair them with this cap I made (I'd kill for this hat!)

Legendsnewalt.jpg

Then take the road jersey and add "Lexington" in the same script as they have on the home and pair it with the alternate cap logo with a solid blue cap.

Lastly just for the sake of Minor League funky keep the Alternate jersey and pair it with this modified "stache" cap.

blackstache.jpg

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Brandiose, too, but the "LEX" wordmark on the jerseys is enormous. This is minor league fare so I'm okay with the quirkiness of the 'stache logo. The huge beveling and LEX marks bug me, though. Also, I'm not crazy about the green and blue palette.

Sorry if this one was discussed elsewhere. I didn't see a 2013 minor league topic....

Link

The Reading Phillies, Double-A affiliate of the Philadelphia Phillies, have announced that the franchise will be undergoing a rebranding process over the next month. With the help of sports marketing firm Brandiose, Reading's rebranding will pay homage to the legacy of baseball in the city while providing a new identity that fans can rally behind for years to come.

"Through our history, the Reading Phillies have honored its longstanding relationship with the Philadelphia Phillies with variations of the Philadelphia uniform," said Reading General Manager Scott Hunsicker. "Our new look will establish a new identity for the modern era that parallels the Baseballtown heritage at America's Classic Ballpark."

Reading will reveal the next step of the rebranding process during the 6th Annual Eastern PA Toy Run this Sunday at FirstEnergy Stadium at 12:30 p.m.

Over the 46-year history of the Reading Phillies, the team's logo has paid tribute to the major league affiliation with the Philadelphia Phillies. The Reading Phillies' on-field uniforms mirrored Philadelphia's with red pinstriped home jerseys and hats emblazoned with an "R" rather than the major league "P". In recent years, the team's identity included local elements such as a train engine and the Pagoda sitting atop Mt. Penn.

Brandiose and its partners Casey White and Jason Klein have worked with the Reading Phillies in 2008 and with the Baseballtown rebranding prior to the 2012 season.

"America's Classic Ballpark is home to one of the most iconic experiences in the country, and we're imagining ways to take the Reading Phillies and Baseballtown universe to the next level," said Klein. "We're dreaming up things that have never been done before, and we know fans will love the next era of Reading Phillies baseball."

Fingers crossed for the Reading Rainbows

This took me a second to get as I correctly pronounce Reading as "Redding". I thought "Redding Rainbows"? Then I got it... good one.

As someone with an R-Phils avatar I am intrigued. I cannot imagine they would change their nickname after 46 years. That would be a disaster with the fanbase, in my opinion.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

When I saw the title, I took it as "REED-ing," not "RED-ing."

I thought you had read an article about the *actual* Phillies changing their brand. And I was shocked.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I see what you did, there.

Touche' sir.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived