2013 Minor League & Independent Baseball changes

Burmy

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
... is that a mustache hat?!

It is indeed. The mustache on the road cap plays off of the facial hair sported by the Legends' mascot, Big L.

As for the other cap logos, the home chapeau features the "LEX" wordmark that is meant to reference the chiseled drystone walls found on historic horse farms throughout Kentucky. The alternate home cap sports the update of the Legends' "L-State" mark.

... is that a mustache hat?!

It is indeed. The mustache on the road cap plays off of the facial hair sported by the Legends' mascot, Big L.

As for the other cap logos, the home chapeau features the "LEX" wordmark that is meant to reference the chiseled drystone walls found on historic horse farms throughout Kentucky. The alternate home cap sports the update of the Legends' "L-State" mark.

Big L R.I.P.

I like the home set, but not the other two. A three-letter arched script doesn't look right (see also: the terrible PHX Suns alternate). Not fond of white on grey, either. But hey, good home uniform!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I usually like Plan B, but this is a big miss. The home jersey is nice on its own, but doesn't work at all with the other two, which march in lock-step. And the home cap looks goofy with the jersey.

The moustache cap is a good idea, but overly-horizontal logos don't work on the front of a cap, a much more square canvas.

Very disappointing.

Home jersey is an upgrade. The rest is, as you say, a bad trade.

The home jersey would be an upgrade if they were changing the nickname from Legends to Leg ends.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Home jersey is an upgrade. The rest is, as you say, a bad trade.

The home jersey would be an upgrade if they were changing the nickname from Legends to Leg ends.

That would be quite a feet.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Other pictures on their Facebook fan page, and on The Clink Room.

I have to say this is probably the first Brandiose redesign that I actually don't like at all. The retro-cartoony character looks terrible, especially in the blue/green/black shown on Clink. There is a different version on the Facebook page that uses more white, and it looks better, but not by much.

I don't get the LEX wordmark. That's like the Blue Jays using TOR on the front of their uniforms.

The color scheme is nice, and I sort of like the mustache hat, from a gimmicky minor league standpoint. Other than that I think this rebrand is a big swing and a miss.

Home uniform and colors = good.

Mustache cap = better as an alternate. MiLB gimmicky but ok.

LEX on road and alt jerseys and home cap = bad.

And the L-state cap took went away from having the state as the base of the L. Now it's just the state in front of an L.

And the new "guy" looks like something a 4th grader drew.

I usually love these guys' work but all-in-all, gotta give it a miss here.

Archived