Best uniform matchups in championship games

Stampman

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Homer pick here (but so are most!), but all three Longhorn appearances in the Rose Bowl the past decade have looked great. The three games each featured Texas in their all-white stormtroopers vs a traditional powerhouse in their classic home sets.

SPORTS_ROSEBOWL1.jpgncf_g_young_600.jpgCiti+BCS+National+Championship+Alabama+v+Texas+E-8Ffahhc86l.jpg

ugh most boring Cup final ever. LA/NJD gets honorable mention for being boring as well.

Are you kidding me!? The 2004 Calgary Flames run was one of the most unexpected and exciting sports stories to come along in ages and that's coming from a Canucks fan. The 2004 final was riveting!

The finals didn't have a single lead change. The only game that was really memorable was game 6.

85f8ea4cbd66ddfa9f1b1776cf880fdc.jpg

Easily one of the worst Super Bowl uniform matchups ever.

Only because the 49ers ruined their 5 super bowl legacy by wearing those throwback uniforms with non-throwback helmets. It'd be like if the Patriots wore their silver helmets with the red throwback jerseys and matching pants for the rest of the season and ended up winning the super bowl in that look.

The Chargers uniforms were nearly perfect.

PvO6ZWJ.png

ugh most boring Cup final ever. LA/NJD gets honorable mention for being boring as well.

Are you kidding me!? The 2004 Calgary Flames run was one of the most unexpected and exciting sports stories to come along in ages and that's coming from a Canucks fan. The 2004 final was riveting!

What was memorable or exciting about it? I'd bet a lot of people couldn't even tell you who the Flames played in the previous three rounds. I'll just guess.

The Flames beat the Red Wings in 6 games in the first round.

The Flames beat the Stars in 7 games in the second round.

The Flames beat the Sharks in 5 games in the Conference Finals.

Was I close?

Edit: Turns out I had Flames over Sharks right, but not the number of games; the Flames won the series 4-2. Considering how the Sharks always fade, I figure I had a decent chance at saying the Flames beat them in the conference finals, and, well, was right.

The Flames won in 7 in the first round vs. the Canucks, then beat the Red Wings in 6 in the second round.

Archived