Best uniform matchups in championship games

Stampman

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're right. Those Blue Bomber uniforms were classically elegant. No extra piping, goofy cartoon logos, unreadable numbers or truncating the stripes. And for the longest time they were made right in Winnipeg by Harv-Al Athletic Sportswear. Calgary's uniforms were sharp as well. Kind of reminiscent of SMU during the "Pony Express" era. Great looks for both clubs.

Nebraska-Alabama 1971.

With the Huskers in road sets, these uniforms are almost carbon copies of each other. The only discernible difference is numbers on the Bama lids, and the Skinny N on the Husker lids.

jerry_tagge_1972_01_01.jpg

It's basically the NCAAF equivalent of this:

1075_ryu_ken_tvc_style_double_pack!-prev.png

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

@Morgo

The Lightning are better now than then

This one

Super-Bowl-XLIV-Saints-beat-Colts.jpg

I can't tell you how worried I was that the Saints were going to go with the black pants...I thought if we were going to win a championship, then do it with our best look!

Kinda makes you wonder, do they (whoever decides the uniform combination, owner/coach/players/whoever) know the gold pants is their best look? This leads me to believe it. So why not go with it all the time, or more than the black pants at least?

90758391980.gif

@Morgo

This one

I can't tell you how worried I was that the Saints were going to go with the black pants...I thought if we were going to win a championship, then do it with our best look!

Kinda makes you wonder, do they (whoever decides the uniform combination, owner/coach/players/whoever) know the gold pants is their best look? This leads me to believe it. So why not go with it all the time, or more than the black pants at least?

They wore gold for their previous games during the playoffs so they were sticking with gold all the way. That's how the Saints go about their pants, stick with one for an entire playoff run. Just glad they wore gold that time around

Go A's!

2009 World Series: Phillies vs. Yankees

10611463-large.jpgworld-series-new-york-yankees-philadelphia-phillies-cc-sabathia-cliff-lee.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

ugh most boring Cup final ever. LA/NJD gets honorable mention for being boring as well.

Are you kidding me!? The 2004 Calgary Flames run was one of the most unexpected and exciting sports stories to come along in ages and that's coming from a Canucks fan. The 2004 final was riveting!

@Morgo

The Lightning sucked all the character out of their identity with the recent redesign. They look almost exactly like the Leafs. The cup jerseys were far from perfect but at least they had a fresh and attractive looking colour scheme. The striping and secondary looked great. Just needed to remove the wordmarks from the primary logo.

@Morgo

This one

Maybe they know the difference between professional and cool (not that I think the black pants are cool) and are smart enough to wear the more professional look on the biggest stage.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived