College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Badgers getting new helmet. It's the exact same as the regular white helmet but all the red and white is flip flopped, so red shell white face mask white stripes white W. Heres the link to the YouTube video straight from the Badgers. I'm having trouble posting it and posting a screen shot so if someone would do that that'd be great. It's not a spam link it's just a link to the video. start at the 4:10 Mark.

http://youtu.be/dLgeenjjIo4?t=4m10s

I'm not a very big fan of it at all. I know it's just a simple inverse of the regular helmet, but I'm just not a big fan of the way a red shell with a white facemask, especially with a huge white, blob-looking W. And white/red/white looks better than red/red/white.

The players seemed pretty underwhelmed with it, compared to some of the off the wall reactions we've seen when various blackout jerseys/helmets have been introduced before. I wonder if they are still bummed out about those stupid looking unis they were forced to wear against the Huskers last year.

Which reaction was worse, Iowa State or Wisconsin?

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

What does the W.I.N. stand for on the Northwestern garb?

The W.I.N. means, "What's important now." Basically, Fitz is in a constant effort to keep kids grounded and focused on what's most important. Now, this probably stems from his predecessor dying of a massive heart attack at a young age and trying to remember to keep your perspective, but these days it's probably just another run of the mill motivational tool.

N'Western to wear all white in opener vs. Cal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEUS3D6_9ho

BSSSbULCEAA5xrz.jpg

I like the look - way better than the black cat helmets - but I still think NU should stick to the Purple lid almost exclusively. That is their only consistent and unique uniform element throughout their 20 year resurgence.

ALSO,

Not saying I predicted this, but... SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION:

NU_NPC_HaB_R_1.jpg

Here Paul Lukas just tweeted out a screen grab of it

BSRs0QLCcAAYBjj.png

Thank you, Wisconsin, for coming out with something that's not over the top or gimmicky and just looks good.
Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Here Paul Lukas just tweeted out a screen grab of it

BSRs0QLCcAAYBjj.png

Thank you, Wisconsin, for coming out with something that's not over the top or gimmicky and just looks good.

I agree. I also like the fact that the coach said in the video that the wanted to add something different and keep tradition intact and they definitely did that with this beautiful helmet.

spacer.png

The W.I.N. means, "What's important now." Basically, Fitz is in a constant effort to keep kids grounded and focused on what's most important. Now, this probably stems from his predecessor dying of a massive heart attack at a young age and trying to remember to keep your perspective, but these days it's probably just another run of the mill motivational tool.

N'Western to wear all white in opener vs. Cal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEUS3D6_9ho

BSSSbULCEAA5xrz.jpg

I like the look - way better than the black cat helmets - but I still think NU should stick to the Purple lid almost exclusively. That is their only consistent and unique uniform element throughout their 20 year resurgence.

ALSO,

NU_NPC_HaB_R_1.jpg
I love the gray/silver outline on the N, wish it would carry over to the purple helmet.

BSSSbULCEAA5xrz.jpg

ALSO,

NU_NPC_HaB_R_1.jpg
I love the gray/silver outline on the N, wish it would carry over to the purple helmet.

BSSJVqMCQAAIX9X.jpgBSSJfNaCIAElKvU.jpg

It would have been nice if they kept the striping from their normal set.

There's no angle that really shows the top of the shoulder area, so it could still be there, but I doubt it. Overall, these aren't as good as the ones from the past 2 years. A shoulder stripe and a helmet stripe would improve a lot, though.

MTSU is adding a white helmet as well this season

https://twitter.com/BlueRaiderZone/status/368905247088865280/

BSSpjGiCIAAWaut.png

That is 100x better than their silver helmet.

How? they are the exact same helmet, just 3 shades lighter

How would you feel if your favorite team's colors were just 3 shades lighter or darker? It does make a huge difference

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Archived