College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

Right, and a grey wolf has fur that is noticeably more gray. And dark auburn almost brown wolf isn't quite as catchy as red wolf.

They've only been the Red Wolves since '08. Red and black became their school colors way back when they were the Aggies and then they kept those colors for 77 years as the Indians before they were forced to change their name.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

California will also be wearing a helmet sticker to honor Don James in their visit to Washington this Saturday. I'm sure somebody knows better, but this is the first I've heard of a visiting team honoring an opponent with a sticker/patch.

BXSom6mCQAAKcSO.jpg

It's happened at least a handful of times (including at least once this year in the UCLA/Nebraska game IIRC), but still a nice touch.

UCLA/Nebraska: http://college-football.si.com/2013/09/13/nebraska-honoring-uclas-nick-pasquale-with-helmet-decal/

The Mizzou Chrome/Anthracite Tigers will be taking on USCe this weekend.

MU_vs_SC_Uniform_HP.jpeg

Mizzou's gold alternate with the matte, oversized logo helmet is one of the best modern uniforms ever put on a field. Teams need to tone it down. There's no need for this anthricate crap. Their road uniforms and that alternate are a mess, and that helmet is overkill.

Unpopular opinion: I like gray (especially darker, anthracite-like gray) in general.

That said, there's no need for a multitude of helmets. Using the gigantic yellow tiger head helmet instead of colorless chrome would improve this look tenfold.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Can Baylor fans or anybody tell me why the football team uses vegas gold instead of gold like all its other teams? I know each team has its own apparel deals. That's why baseball wears Under Armour, MBB wears Adidas, WBB/Football both have Nike. It's frustrating seeing the different colors.

TaxSlayer Bowl_sig.png

Can Baylor fans or anybody tell me why the football team uses vegas gold instead of gold like all its other teams? I know each team has its own apparel deals. That's why baseball wears Under Armour, MBB wears Adidas, WBB/Football both have Nike. It's frustrating seeing the different colors.

The Baylor football team has traditionally worn a gold helmet. However, they would use yellow as trim on the green uniforms. At some point the yellow got phased out in favor of a vegas gold color to match with the helmet. However, the yellow gold is still the color used in baylor's logos and for all of the non-Nike uniforms. Definitely a mess of a color situation

Boise in black domes tonight vs. BYU. Yuck.

With black pants too

Obviously I'll be in the minority, I love Boise's uniforms. They're plain with no fancy stuff like most of the Nike schools have. Sure they have three helmets, five jerseys and five helmets but they don't have any feathers or paws or 'speed stripes'.

That's the problem. If you look at past Boise State jerseys, they've had something going on. Now its like, "oh the sleeve cuffs are colored". The only thing cool about this set is the helmet. IMO, they need to look back to the 2010 PC series and work from there.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived