NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stupid thought, but a thought nonetheless...do you think we will see a rebrand of the Clippers in the near future because of this mess? I'm just thinking when new ownership takes over (when that time comes), they will want to distance themselves from the look of the Donald Sterling era.

Stupid thought, but a thought nonetheless...do you think we will see a rebrand of the Clippers in the near future because of this mess? I'm just thinking when new ownership takes over (when that time comes), they will want to distance themselves from the look of the Donald Sterling era.

Well Bobcats is available for cheap. Here's what can be done:

1. Utah finally gives Jazz back to its rightful owner in New Orleans
  2. LA #2 drops Clippers for Pelicans
  3. Utah picks up Bobcats
  4. NBA Universe is finally in alignment.

I think the possibility for the return of the Seattle Supersonics is on the table.

3. Utah picks up Bobcats

272.gif

The Clippers are not moving to Seattle

Care to share some of that definitive reasoning?

Seattle is the nba version of LA. The city's value to the league right now is to use it as a relo threat in order to get new arenas built in other cities. Unless the clippers got an arena 100% financed by WA taxpayers, the franchise's value would likely go down due to the future value of their TV contract. TW cable and fox have effectively created a bubble in TV rights that's caused quite a bit of overbidding for sports properties. With local TV rights being the future model of franchise profitability, there is more value being a #2 team in LA as opposed to the #1 team in SEA

What you'll likely see is the clippers stay put, then Hansen & Co. will pull an OKC with a small market club (the bucks are not out of the question) by overpaying and then moving the team. This makes the most sense for the league as it will add the SEA market and keep the LA market as is with one of the low population markets getting the short end.

3. Utah picks up Bobcats

19005-parks-and-recreation-shut-your-dam

sig.png

The whole time this clippers saga has been going on I've figured at least a color change is in store if not a name change. Would hate to lose the name but the r/w/b is redundant. With that whole black gear to symbolize unity thing going on while Black has been on the NBA's next color fab agenda, I have to wonder if Black coupled with gold,brown, or white isn't in the works. In other words,they may have just beaten the Grizz and Raptors to the punch.

I agree with you that they should use the slab-serif type from the logo instead of Futura Black on the baselines, but using plain old arched varsity serif for wordmarks isn't really an inconsistency.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Clippers are not moving to Seattle

Care to share some of that definitive reasoning?

Seattle is the nba version of LA. The city's value to the league right now is to use it as a relo threat in order to get new arenas built in other cities. Unless the clippers got an arena 100% financed by WA taxpayers, the franchise's value would likely go down due to the future value of their TV contract. TW cable and fox have effectively created a bubble in TV rights that's caused quite a bit of overbidding for sports properties. With local TV rights being the future model of franchise profitability, there is more value being a #2 team in LA as opposed to the #1 team in SEA

What you'll likely see is the clippers stay put, then Hansen & Co. will pull an OKC with a small market club (the bucks are not out of the question) by overpaying and then moving the team. This makes the most sense for the league as it will add the SEA market and keep the LA market as is with one of the low population markets getting the short end.

Location is one of the reasons why Sterling may grab over 1 billion for them. Hollywood is full of bandwagoners and being shown at the courtside during the playoffs is what every celebrity in need of extra attention needs.

They have that sideline font, the endcourt font, jerseys font and the one they use on their wordmark.

Maybe its just me

That's been bothering me too. They're not the only ones who use a completely unrelated font to their brand on their court.

Repetition is essential to any brand.

Archived