NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

more teams from the ebay digging i've done:

christmas_zps5c9bb7c9.png

Sadly, I think these might be an actual improvement from the ones they wore last year.

The refs are going to have a major problem with this. Front numbers are mandatory on NBA and College uniforms and for good reason. The lead official needs to see the number. If you've ever played in a rec league where players where t-shirts with numbers on the back you've seen refs telling the guys to turn around after a whistle so they can see the number. That can't happen in the NBA. I guarantee you will hear complaints from the refs about these jerseys. Its virtually impossible to officiate a game without front numbers.

I think they have to add the number underneath like the Suns summer league:

sleeved-summer-league-jerseys.jpg

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

scary as it is to say, i think you're right, mjd77.

one person noted to me that the celts don't play on christmas, but since 20 teams are expected to wear sleeves this year, it's not out of the realm of possibility they will at some point.

again, speculative since i found these on ebay, but it has a lot of the stuff we've heard about from lukas and a few insiders here.

sig2024.png

following that logic on the leaks, the other Christmas Day unis will be:

Knicks - orange uni with the partial logo

Lakers - yellow uni with the primary logo (?)

Rockets - red uni with the partial logo

Spurs - black uni with the partial logo

Clips - blue uni with the primary logo (?)

Warriors - yellow uni with the partial logo (or maybe the new shield logo?)

these are pretty weak, and the no front numbers is REALLY dumb. i hate the templated look (could u not even have each team's necktype?!) and lack of creativity. they really are shooting shirts, and nothing more. for shame. :(

What a great idea. You've got some of the world's best athletes playing in one of the world's most popular sports leagues, so why not send 'em out to play in glorified t-shirts like a bunch of rec league players?

:censored:in' Adidas.

I don't think the looks of these are totally horrible, but they remind me of the late '90s Champion shooting shirts. At least you can easily identify the team with these, unlike last Christmas when you couldn't read the wordmark or numbers.

i feel these are maybe shooting shirts or something...the cuts on the jerseys don't appear to have the same seams or perforation as the other current sleeved adidas revolution 30 jerseys we have seen (phoenix and golden state). I could be wrong, but I would not put too much into this photo.

Miami.png

i feel these are maybe shooting shirts or something...the cuts on the jerseys don't appear to have the same seams or perforation as the other current sleeved adidas revolution 30 jerseys we have seen (phoenix and golden state). I could be wrong, but I would not put too much into this photo.

From the pic, they don't seem to be too tailored and look rather baggy but they could just be a retail version.. From the sleeved jerseys we have already seen worn in games, they are pretty slim fitting.

for me, even worst thing than this jersey is a fact that some of you like these better than the last christmas jersey :|

last year jerseys were bad, but this................................ i can't find a word to describe this

spacer.png

Sadly, I think these might be an actual improvement from the ones they wore last year.

I actually thought the ones from last year weren't bad. Well the legible ones. Some were just too illegible. But it was a decent idea and I oils definitely see how it was "cool". But these are pretty bad.

And they match what a rockets insider said they were rumored to look like (big logo black and silver trim). I expect the rockets to look just like the bulls... Which is unfortunate.

Those are pitiful. I'm still waiting for Adidas to justify this "sleeved jersey" trend by putting out a good design. If they can't bother to do that, then the sleeved jerseys need to go, period. Let the fans wear good old T-shirts.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

I wear TShirts that look exactly like the jerseys. There are no need for sleeved jerseys.

NOBODY WANTS TO WEAR A SKIN TIGHT JERSEY

The Nets one is the only one that looks semi decent. The other ones have off colored logos, and why do the Celtics have a jersey? They aren't playing on Xmas.

Archived