**UNVEILED** New Dallas Stars logo and uniforms (earlier logo leaks confirmed)

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another rounded logo. That's neat.

I love the new look, but that circle logo sucks. I'm sick of this trend. The lack of creativity and uniqueness is really getting pathetic. Teams with so much money, just repeating crappy trends like this one.

...they just really :censored: the bed with the circle logo.

Blues, Lightning, Stars, Blue Jackets, Wild, the previous Panther logo. Lame.

THIS.

SigReflect.png

Okay, let's try this one more time...

Starslogo2_zps2b30aca6.png

THAT is the best tweak I've seen. Awesome....

Actually, you can take the bevel...bedevel...belevel....whatever it's called away. Those colors, minus the belevelveledevel would be SHARP.

SigReflect.png

Another rounded logo. That's neat.

I love the new look, but that circle logo sucks. I'm sick of this trend. The lack of creativity and uniqueness is really getting pathetic. Teams with so much money, just repeating crappy trends like this one.

...they just really :censored: the bed with the circle logo.

Blues, Lightning, Stars, Blue Jackets, Wild, the previous Panther logo. Lame.

THIS.

Yeah, but if you're talking about secondary logos, as in the case of those, I can't see the big deal. The primaries for those teams are varied and unique.

The new logo is great. The new colors are great. There isn't anything really wrong with them to me. But patcheys green and athletic gold tweak is stunningly gorgeous and would make a perfect retro third jersey.

Oh, that. ^^^ That.

Of all the additions of gold into the new logo, I like (LOVE) that one the most. It's really just a alteration of the last logo, thick gold outline with a green inner star, with some bevel and a D slapped on top. (Yup. Read that as it's typed.)

And after a couple days, I still also like what the logo is actually going to be. It's a nice update.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I don't like the D and the star being separate colors in some of these tweaks at all. The indents are there because they're supposed to be one visual entity. If you separate the two, the logo loses its purpose and you might as well scratch it altogether. Since that is not an option, there is no way around it.

Midway.png

I feel like im the only one that likes this color scheme (it might have something to do with my schools colors being the same but what ever) sure it breaks from the traditional stars colors, but you have to admit that it is a really nice color scheme, and probably better than the gold if you didn't have the connection to it with the stars to begin with. and isn't that why they rebranded, to look better?

I remember someone hinting that the Stars were looking to emulate the Cowboys in some form. Sounded like a bunch of rubbish but now I can see their green and silver being their intended counterpart to the blue and silver.

I was thinking this too after finally jumping over here from the NHL megathread. The Stars have now officially become the Dallas Stars. It's not just the Cowboys - silver is part of every Dallas team. The Cowboys and Mavs pair it with double-blue, the Rangers with red and blue, and now the Stars are silver and green.

Heck, the Mavs might be tempted to steal this scheme for their new "fan-made" look. Or maybe even green-silver-navy.

And one thing I haven't seen mentioned in all the laments about the passing of a unique color scheme: The Wild are now free to go green and gold. You know they want to. As much as I like the Wild's original unis, if they end up green and gold I don't think too many people will be upset that Dallas went green-silver-black.

EDIT: Also, this is just a leak. We haven't seen the rebrand yet.

I actually spoke with Chris Creamer (via email) a few days before the leak. He mentioned that he actually saw the designs, and stated that the colour scheme was changing. Then the logos here leaked, and I contacted Creamer about the news as I created this thread, and he said that these leaked logos are 100% accurate and real. These logos here are the real deal folks.

I'll clarify: We have a leaked logo and a whole bunch of concepts.

A rebrand is not just a logo. Sure, it's a big part of it. But so are the uniforms. And the exact colors. There are so many different "allegedly better" versions in here I don't know if I could pick the real one out of a lineup. A sad tradition in unveiling/legit leak threads: "No that logo sucks / Here, let me make it better / Oh now I kinda like the original."

EDIT: I almost forgot... namedropper. :)

I'm not a huge fan if this is what they actually do--but I couldlive with it...

But they do need a new uni one way or another.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I like the concept here, but it hasn't looked right to me. Now I think I've finally figured out what bugs me about this: the two sheer angles (the D and the star) aren't the same.

Sure, they've lined up the left side of the D with one of the lines in the star; what that means, though, is that the D is sheared further than the star to create that, and it's causing dissonance.

Other than that, losing the gold would be sad. I do like what DCVA posted; I think having the star and the D be different colors de-emphasizes the angle difference as well as the odd connections of the two elements' bevels.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived