**UNVEILED** New Dallas Stars logo and uniforms (earlier logo leaks confirmed)

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My stab at what the sweaters might look like (forgot to add laces)

Starsunimockup_zps597826ac.jpg

Nice job. Question, though... (I am slightly color blind, so forgive me....) These have an element of teal in them. I was expecting Kelly green. No way that's Kelly green. This is Kelly green, no?Florida-Gators-Kelly-Green-St.-Patricks-Day-Hoodie-Sweatshirt-570x570.jpeg

I am really hoping this grows on me. This was very disappointing. Especially after the Texas Stars released there new uniforms yesterday, which are so nice. The thing that gets me is not that there is no yellow/gold, it's that they are so boring.

I thought theses were suppose to be a classic look? Nothing about these yells old school hockey or classic. Their previous logo was a classic. As a fan of the stars for the last 15+ yrs, I don't know if/how much I can get behind these. This team has been slowly losing me and not sure how much I can hold on anymore.

Jerseys aside, I'm not sure how you can look at a new stable ownership / GM hailing from one of the most successful hockey franchises in the last 20 years and not get a little bit excited. The team has good young talent waiting to develop, and with a GM with proven hockey smarts, well, I don't know if now is the best time to jump ship. Yes, it's been tough the last 5 years, but I do believe the the team is about to turn the corner.

That and the logo is already growing on me, so it might grow on you too. If the Stars start winning again in these, well, even better.

Dont get me wrong, I am not jumping ship. I am excited about certain aspects of future. I just think I got my hopes up too high about the logo and I was disappointed, just like I do with the team.

I guess I really shouldn't pass any judgment until I see the whole uniform package.

but as it stands, the logo is just meh.

In fairness, do you really think people would like the "classic" Stars logo (in your sig) if it was released today? I can imagine cries of "boring," "flat," "tasteless..." (and i'm someone who basically shares your taste). Just sayin'.

Well Dallas did say that they were going to dig into the team's history, when creating the new logo. And that's what they did. They just didn't dig where we thought they would. Their new look of black with strokes of green is reminiscent of the 90s jerseys/uniforms.

Like the new look or not, they did keep their word.

My stab at what the sweaters might look like (forgot to add laces)

Starsunimockup_zps597826ac.jpg

Nice job. Question, though... (I am slightly color blind, so forgive me....) These have an element of teal in them. I was expecting Kelly green. No way that's Kelly green. This is Kelly green, no?Florida-Gators-Kelly-Green-St.-Patricks-Day-Hoodie-Sweatshirt-570x570.jpeg

I agree that the green doesn't look Kelly or Celtic green but I used the same green that's in the logo that was leaked.

usa-sm.giffinland-sm.gifstars1-sm.gifdall1-sm.gif

I agree that the green doesn't look Kelly or Celtic green but I used the same green that's in the logo that was leaked.

Until we get to the official unveiling, there's no real way to know exactly what colors will be used. These are leaked images, and the majority of people who produce RGB graphics aren't real particular about accurate color matching.

To me, the Green looks like PANTONE 341 C (which certainly could be called "Kelly Green"), but I certainly won't know for sure until I get my dirty little paws on the official files.

If I were a Stars fan I'd be proud of what the organization came up with. It's a solid logo with a unique color scheme(no gold I know, but I think Kelly green is the more important color here, and they brought it back) and it has staying power. The stars now look like Dallas' team and not a team that used to be somewhere else and lost its visual identity on ice and in stores trying to separate itself from the past location. Way to not buffaslug this Dallas.

Until we get to the official unveiling, there's no real way to know exactly what colors will be used. These are leaked images, and the majority of people who produce RGB graphics aren't real particular about accurate color matching.

To me, the Green looks like PANTONE 341 C (which certainly could be called "Kelly Green"), but I certainly won't know for sure until I get my dirty little paws on the official files.

clear.gif

still not seeing that as Kelly...

Can't seem to paste the swatch here...

Here's hoping for : PANTONE

16-6138 TCX

clear.gif

still not seeing that as Kelly...

clear.gif

Well Dallas did say that they were going to dig into the team's history, when creating the new logo. And that's what they did. They just didn't dig where we thought they would. Their new look of black with strokes of green is reminiscent of the 90s jerseys/uniforms.

Like the new look or not, they did keep their word.

A very rare act, now a days...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Yeah, the more I come back to this thread the more I like it. I really wish they would have kept the gold in some form, but I do like the Kelly Green (which has become rare in sport now-a-days) and I think that the logo goes well with many of the other marks in the NHL.

Personally, I think that this entire re-brand needs to go. But if it must stay, they should at least do this...

fig,forest,mens,ffffff.u5.jpg

Are you seriously selling that?

I'll voice my concern too. You could seriously be done in for copyright infringement, and this would be made worse by the fact that the Stars haven't officially unveiled anything yet. As a concept this colouration is a neat idea, BUT, you shouldn't be profiting from it at all.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Thank you. Everyone stand down.

Personally, I think that this entire re-brand needs to go. But if it must stay, they should at least do this...

fig,forest,mens,ffffff.u5.jpg

Are you seriously selling that?

I'll voice my concern too. You could seriously be done in for copyright infringement, and this would be made worse by the fact that the Stars haven't officially unveiled anything yet. As a concept this colouration is a neat idea, BUT, you shouldn't be profiting from it at all.

Just report it for possible copyright infringement. I did.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

What if......the Minnesota North Stars did not move and the logo had the outline of the state of Minnesota with star intertwined with the uppercase M?

What if your aunt had balls?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived