Sports Graphics Packages, Historically

11 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

Thank God. I'm hoping they bring back a variation of the full top bar scorebugs they used from 2001-2009. Anything will be better than the boring scorebug they've been using for the past few years.

I always liked the short-lived logo scorebugs that Fox used from 2010 to 2012 (?).

• Like 2

If some of the graphics during the postgame of the NFC Championship Game were any clue, it looked like they were using some dark grey as the base and utilizing more of the wipes from this season's look. Now mind you I haven't watched Fox NFL Sunday all season so I might have missed this being a thing the whole year, but it does have a separate font from the usual Fox package.

Zvc5etf.png

I don't think you'll see the top bar make a comeback in football any time soon. All the networks have it aligned the same way in the bottom and in this day and age with mobile and RedZone you kind of have to have Fox in sync with CBS on scorebug placement. But I agree with the sentiment, because that 2003-2006 scorebug was great and even better when it was done for baseball.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Watching the FOX NFL Sunday Pregame, it appears the new graphics package is quite similar to NBC’s NFL Package. Also, loud sound effects are back, but rather than lasers and futuristic sounds, it’s generic onomatopoeias and fade sounds. Welcome to 2003! 

da0Lbhs.png

1 hour ago, simtek34 said:

Watching the FOX NFL Sunday Pregame, it appears the new graphics package is quite similar to NBC’s NFL Package. Also, loud sound effects are back, but rather than lasers and futuristic sounds, it’s generic onomatopoeias and fade sounds. Welcome to 2003! 

spacer.png

ESPN came to mind for me, but now that I think about it, it does closely resemble NBC a lot more

UPDATE:

Differing fonts for each team-

spacer.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, simtek34 said:

I kinda miss the lasers and futuristic sounds FOX used to do. 

• Like 1

XM4KeeA.png

Welp, RIP to one of my favorite FOX NFL packages. I wasn't a huge fan of it when it first debuted, but it really grew on me over time. I know the "flat" trend has gotten stale for a lot of people, but I really enjoyed FOX's take on it (and CBS' for that matter).

2017-2019 is easily one of my favorite FOX NFL packages  (along with 2003 and 2010-2011).

Oh my god, it’s the 2006/2007 ESPN Monday Night Football Graphics...

On 1/31/2020 at 6:44 PM, the admiral said:

I was a fan of the highly unpopular bottom-center bug that ESPN used when they first got Monday Night Football. 

Ya happy Admiral?

• Like 1

da0Lbhs.png