NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

I'm alright with the late late game. I assume CBS is limiting this game to just these two markets, and outside of the two fanbases, those that care about this game are fantasy players and degenerate gamblers.

Am I going to be affected? Because our local CBS affiliate (KCBS-2 in Los Angeles) usually aligns with the Chargers, and because of the schedule switch, I might miss the "Amazing Race."

Bastards.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Los Angeles isn't a primary market, so I don't think they're required to provide over-the-air coverage of a national game. Only San Diego and San Francisco would be, and the latter could still get blacked out.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm more and more convinced that hbgoo has some sort of significant cognitive delays and maybe for his own good shouldn't participate on a board where people are just going to tear him to ribbons for posting Bad Sports Thoughts. I mean, we could all agree to call off the dogs if that is indeed the case, but I don't think it would last long before someone blew it for everyone, and besides, it kind of gets away from the democratic, Great Equalizer spirit of internet messageboarding. I know that might sound like I'm saying "yeah, it should totally be okay to make fun of disabled people," but I don't think I am. It's more that I don't think everyone here can be trusted to be on their best behavior and I don't want to see anyone get hurt.

That's been my assumption for a while, admiral. I just didn't want to be the one to say it; I really think we should all just calm down. "The Goo" hasn't really done anything detrimental to the boards. If anything he's just a less annoying, slightly comical, version of Cody.

That's been my assumption for a while, admiral. I just didn't want to be the one to say it; I really think we should all just calm down. "The Goo" hasn't really done anything detrimental to the boards. If anything he's just a less annoying, slightly comical, version of Cody.

Perhaps, but I find his avatar mildly disturbing for some reason.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Terrell Suggs has an unhealthy obsession with Tom Brady. He's once again talking about him, this time, about his hair.

I'm in phone though right now and can't provide the link.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

why not move the NFL game to monday instead of a LATE kick off on a SUNDAY??? or better yet why cant MLB make this a afternoon game??? it seems like a dick move by MLB if you ask me

Damn right it is. The NFL can afford to be told to piss up a rope every now and then, such as when one tenant is competing for a championship and the other blows for yet another year. Maybe the NFL can move the game to Tuesday so they can live their dream of having a game every single goddamn night.

Absolutely. And that game could easily be moved to Sunday night, but OH NOEZ NBC! NBC can't lose the covetted San Diego and Oakland markets from their SNF broadcast. So instead of competing with one of their national broadcasts, which they do literally every Sunday afternoon, they are starting the game at an absurd 11:30 ET on a freaking Sunday night. And people will watch it! Because football!

Tuesday night football isn't unprecedented. Remember three years ago, when Philadelphia was hit with a massive snowstorm and blowhard governor Rendell said that big tough guys should be able to play in the snow? That game was moved from SNF to Tuesday night. They didn't really have any other options in that case. Still, kinda like 9/11 pushing the Super Bowl into February for the first time, I sorta figured that one-time problem would lead to regular Tuesday night football games.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

So instead of competing with one of their national broadcasts, which they do literally every Sunday afternoon, they are starting the game at an absurd 11:30 ET on a freaking Sunday night. And people will watch it! Because football!

Yeah, I can't wait for Darren Rovell and/or Colin Cowherd to brag that the Chargers-Raiders game got better ratings than the A's game and that this is why we should all kneel at the altar of the mighty NFL and how strong their corporate brand is in major markets.

Who is more likely to be 0-16 this year? The Steelers, Jaguars, Giants or Bucs?

It'll be the Jags and it's not even close.

Of those four teams, Jacksonville has looked the worst in the first four weeks. The other three teams have had close losses (Bucs lost by 1 on opening weekend, the Steelers have lost by 7 in two of those games and the Giants lost by 5 on opening weekend) while the Jags haven't been in the ballpark. Their closest loss? By 10 against Oakland in Week 2.

Jacksonville looks like a low level FBS team compared to everyone else.

Where will Josh Freeman land?

Maybe Jacksonville? Maybe Tennessee if Locker stays down and fragile? Maybe the Jets if Geno Smith continues to play for the opponents each game.

I wouldn't be surprised if he lands somewhere and does well. He has a pretty good arm, he is tall, and he has plenty of experience. He just makes horrible decisions, very inconsistent, and his awareness is pitiful for a QB.

Archived