You know you're a logo snob when...

GMac

I was on twitter yesterday when the REDBLACKS and CFL twitter feed posted a picture of a guy who took a 28" saw blade and turned it into the new logo... My first instinct when I saw it was the teeth are the wrong way, the guy put the logo on the wrong face and had the teeth of the blade backwards... So I pointed it out... lol

Just wondering if I am the only 'logo snob" out there or has anyone done something similar

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You begin to have a panic attack whenever you see this atrocity on actual merchandise: (backstory...I actually do have an anxiety disorder, and one time while jogging I saw a girl wearing a cap with this logo on it and literally almost had a true panic attack. I had a terrible urge and regret from not telling her her hat was clearly fake. I laughed at myself later)

atlanta_falcons_logo_qVtDxvtf.sized.jpg

You begin to have a panic attack whenever you see this atrocity on actual merchandise: (backstory...I actually do have an anxiety disorder, and one time while jogging I saw a girl wearing a cap with this logo on it and literally almost had a true panic attack. I had a terrible urge and regret from not telling her her hat was clearly fake. I laughed at myself later)

atlanta_falcons_logo_qVtDxvtf.sized.jpg

i dont know what the deal is with that logo. i saw it a couple of times last year, even on air. its not coming from the Falcons. someone at the NFL is screwing up

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

It was rendered by someone the year the logo was released, hit the front page of Google search and then thrown into a ton of graphics by secondary "designers", hobbyists, and even picked up by crappy, counterfeit companies.

The NFL, as far as I know, hasn't used this in any way.

I can spot those Reebok fake "authentic" NFL jerseys a mile away and when I point out to people it is fake they get pissed at me.

Likewise. Drives my older brother crazy..... but now he points them out to me if I don't see it first

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

I can spot those Reebok fake "authentic" NFL jerseys a mile away and when I point out to people it is fake they get pissed at me.

Likewise. Drives my older brother crazy..... but now he points them out to me if I don't see it first

What drives me crazy is that the people wearing them think they are real. Sorry, you're not going to get any kind of authentic jersey for $40. I almost feel bad for them.

I feel like such a snob with all of my friends about any of this and I hate it. Like a hipster or something.

Our high school colors range from navy/white, navy/orange, navy/gold, royal/gold, royal/orange, or navy/yellow and whenever anybody says anything related to our colors, like "what are our colors anyway?" or something I just get so worked up like they're some idiot.

Or when I go to a Redskins game with friends I'll always have to point out the other teams uniforms, sometimes its fun, and my friends actually like when I mention... oh I don't know, the white stripe on the Bengals pants or the fact that black pants with black socks look horrible, but I'll usually go overboard.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

It was rendered by someone the year the logo was released, hit the front page of Google search and then thrown into a ton of graphics by secondary "designers", hobbyists, and even picked up by crappy, counterfeit companies.

The NFL, as far as I know, hasn't used this in any way.

im pretty sure it was in a media guide last year (Titans maybe?) and was in an on-air package. the falcons creative team were tweeting about it

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

You know you're a logo snob when Buffaslug makes you have a heart attack while others are oblivious.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

What drives me crazy is that the people wearing them think they are real. Sorry, you're not going to get any kind of authentic jersey for $40. I almost feel bad for them.

I have on ebay. Got an authentic Twins jersey for 25 bucks (with the Target Field Inaugural Season Patch to boot!) It's possible to dupe a few sellers.

I got on my girlfriend's nerves because I wouldn't let it go that Florida's women softball team uses the old gator (light green chin) and old wordmark still. I mean maybe softball was too low down on the list to get their jerseys upgraded but it was still irritating (even though it's better). You can't see the side patch in this pic but here's the wordmark

tn-1-lu.jpg

Archived