2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying to find pictures but why in the world does Nigeria have red numbers?! It makes them look like Algeria or maybe Iran.

Red is pretty prominent in their federation's logo and also in their national coat of arms.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Trying to find pictures but why in the world does Nigeria have red numbers?! It makes them look like Algeria or maybe Iran.

Red is pretty prominent in their federation's logo and also in their national coat of arms.

I realize that it is prominent in their badge but it still looks funny since Adidas gave them neon green. It definitely makes them look like Algeria.

Got my match and stadium US shirts today.

Both have button plackets that are not covered.

Obvious differences are the fit and ventilation holes.

Less obvious differences include the badges and material. The match shirts badges have more texture (like they are almost 3D), Also the match shirt uses a more obvious mesh material on the back. The mesh on the front is a little different, but it would be impossible to tell unless you had both next to each other.

I took a couple pics with my phone which post later.

Looking forward to the actual photos

Other than the fact that the player doesn't look arabic or Algerian, what other color do you suggest they use because i dont see them as close enough to confuse

He has a point, though; Nigeria's not used red on their kits, to my knowledge, mostly sticking with green and white. Adding the red to a mostly-green-trimmed white shirt does make the shirt look a lot more like something Algeria would wear.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Other than the fact that the player doesn't look arabic or Algerian, what other color do you suggest they use because i dont see them as close enough to confuse

He has a point, though; Nigeria's not used red on their kits, to my knowledge, mostly sticking with green and white. Adding the red to a mostly-green-trimmed white shirt does make the shirt look a lot more like something Algeria would wear.

Thank you. How about this instead of Neon Green like Algeria uses Adidas have Green and Green numbers as well. Would look light years better.

France and holland were navy and orange but FIFA won't let Spain wear red against the Azurri ?

Also the US are 0-1 with this boring kit, while coming off the best year in team history with the Waldo's and centennials! Coincidence? Doubt it.

I think if they replaced the blue with navy and had navy shorts it would look good. But this look stinks

Algeria...I mean Nigeria?

void.gifvoid.gifvoid.gif2293501_big-lnd.jpg

Not all Algerian players look Arabic

615-340-Algeria-team.jpg

France and holland were navy and orange but FIFA won't let Spain wear red against the Azurri ?

I don't think it was FIFA's demand. Most of adidas team played in away kits yesterday.

Also the US are 0-1 with this boring kit, while coming off the best year in team history with the Waldo's and centennials! Coincidence? Doubt it.

I think if they replaced the blue with navy and had navy shorts it would look good. But this look stinks

I agree, they no longer look like the US National team. I know it's an apparel sales ploy but navy looked a lot better than the royal, it's interesting how we now wear royal while France wears navy.

Algeria...I mean Nigeria?

void.gifvoid.gifvoid.gif2293501_big-lnd.jpg

Not all Algerian players look Arabic

615-340-Algeria-team.jpg

And just what, pray tell, does an "Arabic" person look like? Some of y'all might be surprised at what you see over in that part of the world--you couldn't tell a good many of them apart from a Caucasian or African if they were all walking down the street together.

(And by the way, "Arabic" is a language...the word y'all are looking for is "Arab".)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

First article I've really seen about FIFA wanting the monochrome jerseys and why (even though we have talked about it.)

http://www.sportsgrid.com/soccer/if-you-notice-a-lot-of-monochromatic-uniforms-at-this-years-world-cup-its-because-fifa-made-them-do-it/#2

Read the article and that guy is definitely never winning a Pulitzer. That article is complete trash and I would not take anything from what is said there.

If you backtrack through the links, it ends up at the Daily Mirror. I'm not saying to ignore it outright, but be skeptical. FIFA may indeed want monochrome after all, but I wouldn't wave this around as proof.

FIFA didn't stop Spain from wearing their red kits. The Spaniards chose to wear their change kit to showcase it before the Finals. That's why Germany wore their change kit at home too.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

FIFA doesn't stop national FAs from wearing their change strips even if they are at home. Its a way for the national GAs to showcase their new kits prior to the World Cup, thus increase revenue. I just enjoyed seeing all the new kits yesterday plus the good matches throughout, even though they were just friendlies.

Archived