2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

So maybe being in the group of death isn't such a bad thing after all now. It means we'll get to see these for a couple of matches and then they'll be retired to expunge any bad memories and never worn again.

(Not hoping for those results, but hoping for the retiring of these kits after a short run)

Our World Cup matches should be

Ghana (all white) v. USA (hideous)

Ghana+2014+World+Cup+Home+Kit.jpgw8owgh.jpg

USA (all white) v. Portugal (all red/maroon) <- really glad to be in all white for this game since it is in Manaus

ukraine-v-usa-international-friendly-201Portugal%20Cameroon%20Soccer.JPEG-0811c.

USA (all white) v. Germany (red/black)

ukraine-v-usa-international-friendly-2011969196_747295178644630_102402262_n.jpg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So maybe being in the group of death isn't such a bad thing after all now. It means we'll get to see these for a couple of matches and then they'll be retired to expunge any bad memories and never worn again.

(Not hoping for those results, but hoping for the retiring of these kits after a short run)

USA (all white) v. Germany (red/black)

ukraine-v-usa-international-friendly-2011969196_747295178644630_102402262_n.jpg

That one will look good. The Germany kit is really sharp and I think the all white USA kit is fine. It's not an ugly kit. It's just way too plain compared to previous ones and it has no team/country recognition. It could be any country's kit. There are so many other ways they could've gone with this same template that would've looked so much more distinctive.

The away kit is just hideous.

z9e0rqit393ojiizsemd0t1hx.gif74937881997.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)North Carolina Tar Heels (2015 - Pres)

They might keep these until 2016 since kits run on a two-year cycle. Maybe we luck out and they toss out an alternate that they'll prefer to wear in the meantime, but it's likely this until the next WC qualifying cycle.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

They might keep these until 2016 since kits run on a two-year cycle. Maybe we luck out and they toss out an alternate that they'll prefer to wear in the meantime, but it's likely this until the next WC qualifying cycle.

I wouldn't expect any new USMNT kits until spring 2016.

I don't see many national FAs coming out with new kits until EURO 2016. I am a huge fan of the Germany red and black hooped kit...very sharp. i plan to get one :)

Now if CSA could get off their ass and design a better kit through Umbro. Would love to see some sublimination with a maple leaf

For anyone wondering Soccer Stop Northern Colorado is the location with the product already in stock.

Holy crap thats my go to soccer chain, I've been to that location (about 40 minutes from my house) and wouldn't have ever guessed they would be the first to receive the U.S. kits.

So your volunteering to go there tomorrow to take more pics of the jersey? :D
I wish lol. I'm going to have to fight the urge to not go blow a bunch of $$$!

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

There is precedent for that -- in the last two odd-numbered years, the US has released an "alternate" kit that's been the de facto primary (red with navy sash in 2011, centennial in 2013). Wouldn't be surprised if Nike drops a special Gold Cup kit for next year.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I probed the shop further and got additional pictures. Solid red back. The colors still continue onto the backside of the sleeves. Seeing them in greater detail...I think I like them!

mrpheb.jpg

These jerseys would be so much better if the front was plain red like the back.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I don't see many national FAs coming out with new kits until EURO 2016. I am a huge fan of the Germany red and black hooped kit...very sharp. i plan to get one :)

Now if CSA could get off their ass and design a better kit through Umbro. Would love to see some sublimination with a maple leaf

I don't think the USMNT is too worried about timing their uni release to coincide with EURO 2016 (you know, since the comment was about when the US would get new kits and all.

There is precedent for that -- in the last two odd-numbered years, the US has released an "alternate" kit that's been the de facto primary (red with navy sash in 2011, centennial in 2013). Wouldn't be surprised if Nike drops a special Gold Cup kit for next year.

A couple of important differences to note. The red one was simply an alt based on the same template as the WC shirts and this years WC shirts don't use the same template and have lots of red, white and blue (between the 2). And last years "alt" was to celebrate the program's centennial or we wouldn't have gotten one.

We may see a new shirt for the Gold Cup (I certainly hope we do), but I wouldn't count on it.

I probed the shop further and got additional pictures. Solid red back. The colors still continue onto the backside of the sleeves. Seeing them in greater detail...I think I like them!

14lpzwi.jpg

2ltlyfk.jpg

mrpheb.jpg

Not me. I still can't stand them. It isn't a good aesthetic, but it could work for someone whose flag it resembles. But, dated badge sides, it just doesn't look like the US to me.

Archived