2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

I wish the USA would have done something like this:

Bh_qBDrCEAEgjXm.png

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is with the numbers on this jersey?

239257ddfe54f122b510cbd01aebb98b.png

I shared a link (sorry if it doesnt work) from a tweet which had white letters and numbers under UV lights. maybe they wanted to show that off.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>SportingID's US Soccer nameset under a UV light. "One nation". <a href="https://twitter.com/ITWSportingiD">@ITWSportingiD</a> <a href="http://t.co/mZj8UccRuU">pic.twitter.com/mZj8UccRuU</a></p>— Gianpy Belaunde (@plooneytunes) <a href="
">March 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

There's a link in there...

What is with the numbers on this jersey?

239257ddfe54f122b510cbd01aebb98b.png

I shared a link (sorry if it doesnt work) from a tweet which had white letters and numbers under UV lights. maybe they wanted to show that off.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>SportingID's US Soccer nameset under a UV light. "One nation". <a href="https://twitter.com/ITWSportingiD">@ITWSportingiD</a> <a href="http://t.co/mZj8UccRuU">pic.twitter.com/mZj8UccRuU</a></p>— Gianpy Belaunde (@plooneytunes) <a href="
">March 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

There's a link in there...

Nope, they do something under UV light, but it ain't that.

France and holland were navy and orange but FIFA won't let Spain wear red against the Azurri ?

Also the US are 0-1 with this boring kit, while coming off the best year in team history with the Waldo's and centennials! Coincidence? Doubt it.

I think if they replaced the blue with navy and had navy shorts it would look good. But this look stinks

I agree, they no longer look like the US National team. I know it's an apparel sales ploy but navy looked a lot better than the royal, it's interesting how we now wear royal while France wears navy.
I'm not really sure how this can be said since the US has really had no distinct identity in international football as far back as I can remember.

gYH2mW9.png

France and holland were navy and orange but FIFA won't let Spain wear red against the Azurri ?

Also the US are 0-1 with this boring kit, while coming off the best year in team history with the Waldo's and centennials! Coincidence? Doubt it.

I think if they replaced the blue with navy and had navy shorts it would look good. But this look stinks

I agree, they no longer look like the US National team. I know it's an apparel sales ploy but navy looked a lot better than the royal, it's interesting how we now wear royal while France wears navy.
I'm not really sure how this can be said since the US has really had no distinct identity in international football as far back as I can remember.

Agreed! The US really haven't been on the international spotlight for long and haven't been on the forefront persa since 1994 World Cup. But like usual, the national FAs wanting to get as much money out of their supporters with a new kit every year...

The nature of present day football

The USA away kit has leaked.

USA+2014+World+Cup+Away+Kit.jpg

Eh, for my that doesn't look good. If the shirt is split horizontally, the two colours can't be that distinctive, makes it look minor-league ish IMO. Also, not really liking the all blue crest.

I think something like this would have worked better:

usmock.png

So, they put in barely any effort with either kit?

USA+2014+World+Cup+Away+Kit.jpg

men-s-nike-usa-2014-2015-home-match-jers

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I totally saw the tonal blue crest coming on this one. That's my biggest complaint with the shirt. Otherwise I think it's fine. Not my favorite look we've had but it's not bad.

Also this is essentially confirmed. Beyond the site's recent track record, @EleteTSC had these words:

@EleteTSC: @MarkWhyy thats is, clearly theyve seen them somewhere and mocked them. They are all pretty spot on. @KitCollection

Further from @EleteTSC

@EleteTSC: @MarkWhyy Ive seen all of the away kits, i can tell FH just did as well. They have good info, i just dont like doing mockups.

Numbers supposedly going into the white panel.

I like it. Hopefully it's paired with blue or white shorts.

Nope, Red shorts and socks according to the article.

Meanwhile, England away:

England+2014+World+Cup+Away+Kit.jpg

And Portugal away (which they may never wear, since the other three teams in the group all wear white as primary):

Portugal+2014+World+Cup+Away+Kit.jpg

Wow. Those are very different. I think they are kind of cool but why the monochrome navy crest? It would look 10x better with the normal colored crest. Also I do not see how this is captain america meets WC 94....how does this resemble WC 94 at all? I was hoping to see some stars. I think I might get one. But I wonder where the numbers will go, the white space doesnt look quite big enough to fit the numbers. Also we know FIFA is strict with no stripes on the back of the kit...so could we psossibly be looking at an all red backside of the kit? I think that would look good.

Wow. Those are very different. I think they are kind of cool but why the monochrome navy crest? It would look 10x better with the normal colored crest. Also I do not see how this is captain america meets WC 94....how does this resemble WC 94 at all? I was hoping to see some stars. I think I might get one. But I wonder where the numbers will go, the white space doesnt look quite big enough to fit the numbers. Also we know FIFA is strict with no stripes on the back of the kit...so could we psossibly be looking at an all red backside of the kit? I think that would look good.

There's also no inside collar design, which is always part of at least the US kits. Somethings feels off, I doubt this is the final.

Completely underwhelming kits for USMNT...I'm all for simplicity but Nike really phoned this one in. It's as if the person in charge forgot they were "due" 15 minutes before a meeting (class) and threw this together.

Bring back the hoops!

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Archived