2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

Someone on the Big Soccer forums modified the shirt into this variation. Wouldn't really work as a clash with all the white but as a stand alone concept, I think this version works well.

qpl36p.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somebody on Nike talk posted that the away is similar to what he saw, but what he saw had stars on the blue and slightly different coloring. Idk how much stock you can put in this but we do know these images are created by footy headlines so they could still be slightly different.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

The sublimated stars would be a small improvement. The sublimated images in both the American and Canadian Olympic hockey jerseyswere a nice touch. But the US kits are still dreadful...

Id like if they took the Nike basketball approach a opposed to the hockey approach I'd they we're to do that. A mesh pattern looks way better than the hot glue looking patterns IMO.

The sublimated pattern is evoking the Rising Sun flag?

Kind of provocative on Adidas/Japan's part - the flag is loaded with symbolism and doesn't have a great connotation in a lot of other countries.

It's baffling from a marketing and publicity standpoint if you ask me. I'm assuming there will be protests (physical and virtual) in China and South Korea over Japan's uniforms.

Very late replying and my apologies if this was mentioned elsewhere.

The official adidas and Japan Football Associations' explanation for the lines are that they express eleven players breaking a huddle (emblem). The uniform concept was ENGIN, the 'act of going into a huddle'.

I agree, this was a horrible choice for the uniforms. Most of Japan's not pleased with the exception of nationalist right-wing groups. A photo that went viral here shortly after the release:

YDNQIRT.jpg

6f464e55-6abd-4e92-8ed3-55294054cd9a_zps4cb745f0-396d-406b-aa2d-41a0409c5d7a_zps21dbccf3-aad2-4b7e-8950-645ef30f9d11_zps

Officialy:

Bosnia and Hercegovina

England

USA Away

Portgual Away

Netherlands Away

Australia Away

South Korea Away

Unofficialy:

Bosnia and Hercegovina, in the fact we already saw leaked kit, but contract with Legea expired in May so after that they could stay with Legea or change for something other.

BTW: Some says they signed with adidas, but I hope they stay with Legea.

EDIT: You've got right, I forget Korea Away ;)

4r2eer.png

This is the content of the link that Wikipedia is referencing to say that Bosnia and Herzegovina are switching to Adidas after putting it through Google translate:

ADIDAS

DRAGONS OF 31 MAY THE WORLD'S BIGGEST SELLING JERSEYS?
WRITTEN BY: MD

FOOTBALL TEAM OF BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA IN THE PERIOD AHEAD IS UNLIKELY TO CARRY EQUIPMENT LEGE PRINCIPLE.

THE CONTRACT WITH THE PRODIZVOĐAČEM SPORTS EQUIPMENT AND THE FOOTBALL / FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION OF BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA, EXPIRES 31 MAY.

DURING THE VISIT LEADER N / FSBIH IN INNSBRUCK WAS A MEETING WITH A SENIOR OFFICIAL OF THE GERMAN COMPANY ADIDAS.

REPRESENTATIVE ADIDAS STAYED IN INNSBRUCK FOR SEVERAL DAYS, AND FROM THE STANDS, WATCHING THE MATCH AGAINST EGYPT.

HOW SPORT.BA UNOFFICIAL SOURCES, THERE HAS BEEN A VERBAL AGREEMENT, SO THE DRAGONS BY 31 MAY BE WEARING ACCESSORIES FROM THE WORLD'S LARGEST MANUFACTURER OF SPORTS EQUIPMENT

April 2 USA v Mexico is shaping up to be one of the most poorly outfitted games in recent history.

Agreed, certainly among "big" countries. I am assuming we will be wearing our hideous new away shirts?

April 2 USA v Mexico is shaping up to be one of the most poorly outfitted games in recent history.

Agreed, certainly among "big" countries. I am assuming we will be wearing our hideous new away shirts?

I would assume so, considering they are set to be released a couple days prior, nearly identical to the Home-Ukraine schedule.

Archived