2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

Iran's keeper Haghighi appeared to be wearing a blacked-out pair of Adidas World Cup boots tonight. He'll be disappointed at the loss but least he can take solace in the fact that he was impeccably shod.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it was because of the awesome win this past week, but the red US jerseys have grown on me a lot. I finally pulled the trigger this morning and ordered one.

I have a white authentic polo coming in the mail tomorrow. Couldn't pull the trigger on those uniforms. I'll say I used to think they were just down-right awful, I've grown a little more accepting of them. For some reason, they look good(ish) on the field. I just wish the blue was a few shades darker.

Is it me or is it impossible to find long sleeve jerseys anymore? I noticed Adidas only makes them for MLS teams in the authentic (expensive) style, and I haven't seen Nike making any at all for the USA this cycle. I've got a long sleeve USA replica kit from several years ago.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I have always loved the all black with white accent on boots. I don't know why football boots need to be so flashy and bright. It's actually almost impossible to buy a pair of boots in black. Oh how I miss the old days :P

In the uk back in the late seventies, early eighties this was the most popular brand of boots parents could afford back then. I remember mine fondly.

pmmn2LP.jpg

glory10.png

Is there a reason that Belgium wears the captain's armband (Kompany) on the right arm? I also noticed this in their first match against Algeria. It was the first time I ever saw a captain's armband over the right sleeve..

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Maybe it was because of the awesome win this past week, but the red US jerseys have grown on me a lot. I finally pulled the trigger this morning and ordered one.

Out of all the people I have seen wearing the new USA jerseys, I would say at least 80% have the red one. If USA is smart they will make the home jersey red next cycle.

Is there a reason that Belgium wears the captain's armband (Kompany) on the right arm? I also noticed this in their first match against Algeria. It was the first time I ever saw a captain's armband over the right sleeve..

He wears it on his right for Manchester City as well, it would seem. Is he left-handed, perhaps?

I have a white authentic polo coming in the mail tomorrow. Couldn't pull the trigger on those uniforms. I'll say I used to think they were just down-right awful, I've grown a little more accepting of them. For some reason, they look good(ish) on the field. I just wish the blue was a few shades darker.
A store in my town had the blank white jerseys, but they just look like regular polo shirts. If the store had the white jerseys with names and numbers I would've bought one.

I guess it just depends on the stores you go to, because at my local Dick's, I just walked in and got the red jersey with no problem. Albeit, it was 2 Saturdays ago and I got the last medium, but the point still stands.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

I guess it just depends on the stores you go to, because at my local Dick's, I just walked in and got the red jersey with no problem. Albeit, it was 2 Saturdays ago and I got the last medium, but the point still stands.

The store had red jerseys too for quite a while, but I didn't make up my mind to buy one soon enough. Someone at the store said they couldn't even get any more because Nike was sold out at the time.

I would've though if the captain goes down to injury (as Dempsey did today) that he gives the band to the next man up. Apparently not.

That's normally what happens, if it didn't in this instance I'd guess it was just an oversight.

Out of all the people I have seen wearing the new USA jerseys, I would say at least 80% have the red one. If USA is smart they will make the home jersey red next cycle.

No, thanks. USMNT has a much longer history of wearing white as the primary and it looks better. Supporters tend to wear red as it shows up on tv much better. Same reason Baylor fans wear yellow to games even though the team's primary look is green/gold.

No, thanks. USMNT has a much longer history of wearing white as the primary and it looks better. Supporters tend to wear red as it shows up on tv much better. Same reason Baylor fans wear yellow to games even though the team's primary look is green/gold.

I just want some consistency. A problem with the USMNT is that every year their home and away jerseys mark a completely different identity than what they replace. We go from diagonal slashes, to hoops, to polos, to captain America, etc. they change our color scheme randomly (should've just slightly lightened their former blue hue) and we only sometimes have an alternate kit.

Let's stick with a look and build off of it. Of course, I am for hoops at home and a blue clash. Stick with hoops (alter the sizes of hoops every now and again) and change up the striping of blue clash occasionally. Or, stick with polo for home and a r/b/w look for clash.

Let's form an identity and stick with it. The fanbase is here to stay and soccer in the US is only going to get bigger. Stop "testing out" identities and cement the look that fits this American side the best.

Archived