2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

Or it could belong to one of the players with dual nationalities. I agree though, but since the USA doesn't put the game specifics on their jerseys this is probably what that player did.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure it does belong to one of the dual nationals. I am saying, even if it does they shouldn't wear the flag of a country they are not representing while playing in the World Cup.

If John Brooks or Julian Green or any of the dual nationals wants to wear a different flag on each boot while playing with their club teams, I have absolutely no problem with that. But I don't think a USMNT player should have a German flag on his boot in a WC game. And I would feel the same if it were any 2 other countries.

The US Soccer site has a post about kit choices: http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2014/06/16/07/48/140616-well-equipped

That, in a nutshell, could be how Netherlands vs. Spain became blue vs. white. The Netherlands, designated as “Team A” in the matchup, elected to wear orange. That forced Spain, as “Team B,” in their black away uniforms. Orange vs. black. All good, right?

Think again.

“In the eyes of FIFA, that's not a big enough contrast,” King said. “They want white and then a dark color. An orange and a black on certain TVs doesn't come across as well. In certain parts of the world there aren’t always color TVs, so FIFA is looking for a broader contrast.”

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

The US Soccer site has a post about kit choices: http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2014/06/16/07/48/140616-well-equipped

That, in a nutshell, could be how Netherlands vs. Spain became blue vs. white. The Netherlands, designated as Team A in the matchup, elected to wear orange. That forced Spain, as Team B, in their black away uniforms. Orange vs. black. All good, right?

Think again.

In the eyes of FIFA, that's not a big enough contrast, King said. They want white and then a dark color. An orange and a black on certain TVs doesn't come across as well. In certain parts of the world there arent always color TVs, so FIFA is looking for a broader contrast.

This is the same kind of thinking that gave us greenish silver Cowboys pants. Ridiculous.

Not enough contrast between orange and black???

Oh, my God! The bill and crown of the cap look almost exactly alike!!!

orioles_jim_palmer_483.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The yellow shirt is the light Brasil kit, the green shirt is the light Mexico kit. This is basically the reason I guess.

My brain had an error when I thought about what Mexico and Croatia will wear against each other. Can only be red-checkered against red-orange or green against blue.

I'd guess for Croatia in their home shirt with blue shorts and socks and Mexico in their regular home kit. But this would clash with the light vs. dark rule.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

That, in a nutshell, could be how Netherlands vs. Spain became blue vs. white. The Netherlands, designated as “Team A” in the matchup, elected to wear orange. That forced Spain, as “Team B,” in their black away uniforms. Orange vs. black. All good, right?

Think again.

“In the eyes of FIFA, that's not a big enough contrast,” King said. “They want white and then a dark color. An orange and a black on certain TVs doesn't come across as well. In certain parts of the world there aren’t always color TVs, so FIFA is looking for a broader contrast.”

Okay, but this contrast-related logic wouldn't make any sense when applied to the Mexico vs. Brazil game, which is red vs. yellow (and mexico looks atrocious)

Think again.

Netherlands wanted to wear orange but couldn't (against a team who could wear black or white), so what color CAN orange be used against?

An interesting detail on the Belgium shirt for the game against Algeria - the left breast featured the name of the venue, the date of the match and the flag of the opposing team. I presume that Belgium will be doing this with all of their different shirts for the rest of the tournament? The information is not on a patch, so if Belgium were this red shirt again in the tournament, they will need to have a new set for that particular match.

1403027278540_lc_galleryImage_epa0426317

An interesting detail on the Belgium shirt for the game against Algeria - the left breast featured the name of the venue, the date of the match and the flag of the opposing team. I presume that Belgium will be doing this with all of their different shirts for the rest of the tournament? The information is not on a patch, so if Belgium were this red shirt again in the tournament, they will need to have a new set for that particular match.

1403027278540_lc_galleryImage_epa0426317

maybe they will be auctioning off the jerseys?

Archived