2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

I thought Columbia always wore yellow tops with blue shorts and red socks so it matched their flag. Why aren't they doing that in this World Cup?

FIFA

They've always allowed it in the past. Why now?

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Read the last couple of pages about FIFA kit regulations. I'd like to say that would explain everything, but it won't, because FIFA is stupid.

Anyway, on the subject: where are the rules on this Uruguay-England match? Light blue shirts vs white shirts is much worse than the red/blue that got kiboshed for Spain-Holland. Surprised Uruguay are allowed to have two "light" kits... what would they wear if they play Argentina?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Surprised Uruguay are allowed to have two "light" kits... what would they wear if they play Argentina?

I think in this instance Uruguay would have to play in their underpants and vests, although I don't have my FIFA Kit Regulations to hand to check that.

It would have been nice to see us give our red shirts an outing tonight, though.

Surprised Uruguay are allowed to have two "light" kits... what would they wear if they play Argentina?

I think in this instance Uruguay would have to play in their underpants and vests, although I don't have my FIFA Kit Regulations to hand to check that.

It would have been nice to see us give our red shirts an outing tonight, though.

Red against sky blue? Preposterous!!!

dempsey-blog480.jpg

^^^ Closest I could find in under two minutes.

EDIT: Both teams are also wearing dark shorts and socks. It must have been utter chaos on the pitch .

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

People here need to realize that the world cup is broadcast to pretty much every nation in the world...

Not everybody has 50inch LED HDTVs....

There is nothing wrong with FIFA trying to make the matches more watchable to viewers across the globe by having higher contrast kits.

People here need to realize that the world cup is broadcast to pretty much every nation in the world...

There is nothing wrong with FIFA trying to make the matches more watchable to viewers across the globe by having higher contrast kits.

But baby blue vs white contrasts less than orange and black (Spain vs holland) or red and blue (Spain and holland)

If you watch the game in black and white TV, then the problem may actually occur, but in color TV? I don't think so, even If you got small inches TV or screen. I remember when I got 20 inches TV and there was no problem to watch the game where one team had blue uniforms and second team wore red kits and know who is who.

BTW, I think is because of fifa regulations, but Colombia players are wearing standard catalog white/blue socks not this from kit set.

4r2eer.png

So through the first two games, Italy and Uruguay have yet to wear their away kits. They play each other next week and cant both wear their white away kits.So there goes the rumor of "you have to wear each kit at least one time"

So through the first two games, Italy and Uruguay have yet to wear their away kits. They play each other next week and cant both wear their white away kits.So there goes the rumor of "you have to wear each kit at least one time"

Italy is listed as the home team. So Uruguay will most likely wear white next week.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

I thought Columbia always wore yellow tops with blue shorts and red socks so it matched their flag. Why aren't they doing that in this World Cup?

FIFA

Interesting that they've allowed Ecuador to do the exact same thing...

We've been over this before, have we not? The FIFA guidelines have been the same as they always have. Adidas just decided to follow them a little more religiously this cycle than previously.

I mean, look at the Nike sides. Brazil are still in their classic kit. So are the Aussies, and Croats off the top of my head.

It's the Adidas sides that have been monochrome—Germany, Argentina, Spain.

6fQjS3M.png

FIFA

Interesting that they've allowed Ecuador to do the exact same thing...

For the record, Ecuador has always worn the flag pattern for as long as I can remember. The real issue here is people on these boards blaming FIFA as a matter of fact when they're just talking out their posterior.

Ecuador's kit didn't clash with Honduras. The fact is, FIFA does step in and say what matchups are allowed. That's why Colombia chose white shorts and white socks for their primary uniform. Should they have still worn the traditional shorts and socks? Absolutely. But they kept the primary kit they submitted to FIFA. And FIFA DID tell Spain to bring a different away shirt. Granted it's the only one that was officially told to change so FIFA aren't totally to blame.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'm guessing the reason Columbia didn't wear the yellow/blue/red kit because they are trying to distance themselves from Ecuador.

And the new FIFA rules have been dispelled in this thread. It is most likely just the kit manufacturers telling the nations that they should wear a certain combo, or personal preferences of the coach/players.

jNTsTyQ.png

Archived