2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

Is the hoops jersey the same thing as the "Waldo" jerseys? If so, yes I agree, that should be the USA's main look. They could own that look and it would be their signature for international soccer much like Croatia's checkers or Brazil's yellow over blue. And worn with dark blue shorts and white socks.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm right there with you, I wasn't a huge fan of the new kits, so I was hoping to find a clearance hoops jerseys. And there is nothing!

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

I'm not a fan of the monochrome orange look of the Dutch like today. They should always either wear white shorts or black shorts.

Shame - the current garb looks gorgeous with the white shorts, but their kits never look as strong with orange shorts.

Is the hoops jersey the same thing as the "Waldo" jerseys? If so, yes I agree, that should be the USA's main look. They could own that look and it would be their signature for international soccer much like Croatia's checkers or Brazil's yellow over blue. And worn with dark blue shorts and white socks.

I too would love to see the US own the red and white hoops look. The only problem would be having to come up with different variations every year, but If Nike can do it for Celtic, then they should be able to do it for the US as well.

Also, this World Cup has sucked so far aesthetically. I can't stand these nontraditional combos. Germany and Argentina should be wearing black shorts, Spain and Brazil in blue, Mexico white, etc.

When they rolled out the home and away shirts for this year

haha, yup. when the new designs were underwhelming, the old, more unique, American designs became classics!
Eh, I like both shirts now but would still prefer the hoops which I have loved since they were released. Looks like the flag, unique to international soccer, and just looks good. It's almost too obvious.

My next choice would just be to pick anything and stick with it. Hoops, plain white polis, sash, having any consistent design on the home shirt is preferable to what they do now. I know were not at the same level fan-wise, but England, Brazil, and Argentina have no problem selling new shirts every two years that are the same basic design.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived