2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not new... but from fanfest..

Never seen pictures of the A's hat before from the future uniforms.. A's stuff is always hard to find...

BgQCUo5CEAALtcQ.jpg

That's awesome to see! I thought those were destroyed in Hurricane Floyd?

They should bring this back as an alt bp hat

The feather is clever, but the signature will look bad on an embroidered patch, and the font for anniversary is a very poor choice. Mixing uppercase and lowercase letters is very rarely a good idea.

Edit- why on earth would they use gray instead of gold? Gold is the color of first place, and it's also a team color. Seems obvious.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Apparently these new "alternate" BP caps are all made in the USA. That's awesome.

The one I have from last year is from China

Same here, and I bought mine at Lids the weekend they came out last year.

That's the only reason I asked. I have two from last year as well and since they're from China, I had to go a size smaller. I guess I can take a chance and always exchange it. Man, I hate buying hats online.

Apparently these new "alternate" BP caps are all made in the USA. That's awesome.

The one I have from last year is from China

Same here, and I bought mine at Lids the weekend they came out last year.

That's the only reason I asked. I have two from last year as well and since they're from China, I had to go a size smaller. I guess I can take a chance and always exchange it. Man, I hate buying hats online.

The way I do it is I order two different sizes online and have them ship to store (if you're doing Lids) and just return the one that doesn't fit. They are always OK with that.

Go A's!

Damn, those Tiger jerseys.......scary stuff, even though i know it´s a joke concept.

But cappital92 said NBA jerseys with chinese characters are coming....that is a dumb move, then the NBA is mixing politics into sports, because alot of people have issues wth the way China handles human rights, animal cruelty, and the way they "train" children to win olympic medals, and other stuff, like pollution of our earth.

Stick to the Los Bulls stuff , please

Er, well, everything you just said could equally apply to the United States, but I'll just say this: The Chinese language does not belong to the Chinese government, it belongs to its people, and the vast majority of Chinese-speakers who root for the Warriors are upstanding individuals, not dog-eating, pollution-spewing monsters.
No doubt, but i still don´t want US based teams to have anything else then english on the front.

I guess this means the Padres need to change their home uniform. Would this also apply to the Padres, Dodgers and Giants road uniforms?

Yes, "City of Angels" would be an absolute killer jersey !

And Giants, well there is a english word that starts with G they could put on their jerseys, very fitting for the city.

Padres , who cares about them

anymore questions ?

I did infact say team names, not citys.......but whatever, you got the response you wanted

Coming from a Rays fan people not caring about you is something you'd know all about right?

What is this crap ?

What he means to say is nice glass house.

Well, it was uncalled for, and it failed bigtime as well.......Tampa have had a great team for years now, that the Yankees and Red Sox hate playing against.

Well, it was uncalled for, and it failed bigtime as well.......Tampa have had a great team for years now, that the Yankees and Red Sox hate playing against.

I disagree, I think the Yankees and Red Sox really enjoy going to the Trop for 9 additional home games every season.

The feather is clever, but the signature will look bad on an embroidered patch, and the font for anniversary is a very poor choice. Mixing uppercase and lowercase letters is very rarely a good idea.

Edit- why on earth would they use gray instead of gold? Gold is the color of first place, and it's also a team color. Seems obvious.

Because the 40th anniversary is the gray anniversary. Duh.

40 years is a weird amount of time to celebrate an anniversary. I guess they can't be sure that Hank Aaron will still be alive in ten years though so might as well celebrate it now.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Gold is used for 50th anniversaries.

See: Every 50th anniversary patch ever made.

mlb14theshow_ps4_Victroino.jpg

I was reading an article about mlb the show coming up for the PS4...in the background, is that a new Majestic logo?

Yes, it's new this year, but has been out some time.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Sure but does the average person know that gray is for 40? I think that since yellow / gold is a team color it would have worked much better than introducing a whole new color. I doubt Anyone would have looked at the logo and scoffed at it because it had yellow but wasn't a 50th anniversary.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Sure but does the average person know that gray is for 40? I think that since yellow / gold is a team color it would have worked much better than introducing a whole new color. I doubt Anyone would have looked at the logo and scoffed at it because it had yellow but wasn't a 50th anniversary.

I was kidding about gray being for fortieth anniversaries.

according to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedding_anniversary 40 is the ruby anniversary. 25 is silver, 50 is gold.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Damn, those Tiger jerseys.......scary stuff, even though i know it´s a joke concept.

But cappital92 said NBA jerseys with chinese characters are coming....that is a dumb move, then the NBA is mixing politics into sports, because alot of people have issues wth the way China handles human rights, animal cruelty, and the way they "train" children to win olympic medals, and other stuff, like pollution of our earth.

Stick to the Los Bulls stuff , please

Er, well, everything you just said could equally apply to the United States, but I'll just say this: The Chinese language does not belong to the Chinese government, it belongs to its people, and the vast majority of Chinese-speakers who root for the Warriors are upstanding individuals, not dog-eating, pollution-spewing monsters.
No doubt, but i still don´t want US based teams to have anything else then english on the front.

I guess this means the Padres need to change their home uniform. Would this also apply to the Padres, Dodgers and Giants road uniforms?

Yes, "City of Angels" would be an absolute killer jersey !

And Giants, well there is a english word that starts with G they could put on their jerseys, very fitting for the city.

Padres , who cares about them

anymore questions ?

I did infact say team names, not citys.......but whatever, you got the response you wanted

Coming from a Rays fan people not caring about you is something you'd know all about right?

What is this crap ?

What he means to say is nice glass house.

You say "who cares" about the Padres, then get butt hurt when someone says the same thing about the last in dead last attendance Devil Rays? I mean Rays? :Oo:

And I'd say it worked perfectly seeing as it seems to have pissed you off. ;)

Archived