2013 MLB Discussion Thread, Redux

Brian in Boston

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm excited but it seems to becoming routine for the Cardinals!! I know the Cardinals got swept last time they played the Red Sox in 2004, but I like that matchup. Not sure about the Tigers. But Fenway hosting another World Series is better to me than Comerica Park.

Either way, go Cardinals!!

The question for the Dodgers is do they bring Mattingly back for next season or look elsewhere for a manager?

They won't, but it's not the worst idea. Mattingly is a horrific manager, and that bore itself out in this series, as well as it had for the majority of the regular season. That 53-13 stretch went a long ways in helping shield that problem.

-------------

At the risk of just plunging the Cardinal hate brigade further into the depths of despair, let me just point out that Michael Wacha was drafted with the pick surrendered by the Angels when Albert Pujols signed with Anaheim. So, umm, the gift keeps on giving.

(Angels fans can't complain, though - the pick you guys got for Teixeira ended up being Mike Trout.)

spacer.png

A Memo from "History's Greatest Monsters LLC"

It serves those Dodgers right that they got blown out by the bestest classiest organization in all of baseball. Now we will play the Red Sox and you will have no choice whatsoever but to cheer for us America because we are still the lesser of the two evils and because we are needed to interfere with ESPN's triumphalist narrative. It is all going just as planned.

To the National League, we have but this to say.

CardinalsTroll_zpsda702fea.jpg

U MAD?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Tim Tebows of major league baseball*

Besides, we all know who the real winner was tonight:

816091008.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Dodgers to be eliminated soon....espn must be crushed

I can understand the Cardinals Hate Train (heck, I'm on board that locomotive), but can we please quit making crappy comments on how such-and-such matchup is terrible for ESPN (or FOX or NBC or whomever) because some "small market" team wins? It is the worst.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

816091008.gif

This is exactly why I cannot stand the Dodgers. They are a bunch of classless douchebags led by the amazing, young, attitud -of-an angry toddler right fielder, who do crap like this and feel the need to show up their opponents or the umpires on a daily basis. Joe Kelly waits for the last player to leave the field every night, just what he does, he doesn't mean anything by it and I had never even noticed it until last night, because he doesn't make a show out of it. Then the Dodgers decide to do this because they are grasping for anything they can win and show everybody how cool and awesome they are by laughing and cheering, in an elimination game?, when Kelly finally goes to the dugout at the umpire's request, and guess who remains standing there on the field. The Dodgers will never have World Series rings and the success they want when this kind of behavior is encouraged. However, justice was served when the Cardinals put it to them last night and the superstar Puig had two errors and made a fool out of himself yet again.

Dodgers to be eliminated soon....espn must be crushed

I can understand the Cardinals Hate Train (heck, I'm on board that locomotive), but can we please quit making crappy comments on how such-and-such matchup is terrible for ESPN (or FOX or NBC or whomever) because some "small market" team wins? It is the worst.

I never understood people's obsession over what matchups they think networks will prefer. "Pirates versus Indians? The FOX executives are gonna hate this lol derrr" Who the hell cares what the networks want?

816091008.gif

This is exactly why I cannot stand the Dodgers. They are a bunch of classless douchebags led by the amazing, young, attitud -of-an angry toddler right fielder, who do crap like this and feel the need to show up their opponents or the umpires on a daily basis. Joe Kelly waits for the last player to leave the field every night, just what he does, he doesn't mean anything by it and I had never even noticed it until last night, because he doesn't make a show out of it. Then the Dodgers decide to do this because they are grasping for anything they can win and show everybody how cool and awesome they are by laughing and cheering, in an elimination game?, when Kelly finally goes to the dugout at the umpire's request, and guess who remains standing there on the field. The Dodgers will never have World Series rings and the success they want when this kind of behavior is encouraged. However, justice was served when the Cardinals put it to them last night and the superstar Puig had two errors and made a fool out of himself yet again.

And this kind of astute analysis is exactly why the rest of the country hates the self proclaimed best dang fanbase in the land, with their holier-than-thou classy attitude supporting their scrappy little team of overachievers that are always the underdog despite their albatross of a top-ten payroll and their second most titles in history.

It's called having fun. Perhaps the Cardinal Way should drop the stick up one's ass component.

And the truth of the matter is that we're now all losers because now we get Buck and McCarver having a Cardinals love fest one more time.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived