College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

helmet.jpg

Possible new helmet for the Cowboys. Maybe we'll see it in the season opener against Florida State.

Why can't they flip the logo around on one side so the cowboy is facing forwards on both sides? It's looks weird facing back on the helmet.

It'd look just as odd facing the front on that right side of the helmet. A flipped logo doesn't always work. Plus, flipping the logo results in two different logos instead of one.

Another example is East Carolina - the skull and crossbones logo looks terrible if you flip it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

helmet.jpg

Possible new helmet for the Cowboys. Maybe we'll see it in the season opener against Florida State.

Why can't they flip the logo around on one side so the cowboy is facing forwards on both sides? It's looks weird facing back on the helmet.

It'd look just as odd facing the front on that right side of the helmet. A flipped logo doesn't always work. Plus, flipping the logo results in two different logos instead of one.

Another example is East Carolina - the skull and crossbones logo looks terrible if you flip it.

Finally...they have a new helmet with a different color than the logo.

spacer.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_N2E-BW4mw

I posted in 2013 but forgot we started a new line

I'm surprised nobody saw this coming. It looks like Adidas had already done this but Coach Strong held back on it. I don't think they could have gotten this together that quickly. This happened at the players meeting yesterday morning.

The player, Lorenzo Mauldin, said if they work hard they get to wear this ensemble the first game.

I'm happy that UofL brought back the black uniforms. Louisville looks good in black as it's a school color. Now if only the team down I-64 replaces their black uniforms with the grey, I will be happy. This has always been my favorite black uniform the Cards have worn.

brian_brohm2.jpg

Apparently there are grey uniforms down the road in Lexington and I hope they do replace those hidieous black ones....as far as this picture above, I black uniforms for U of L make sense, but it does not look good with the white helmet...if anything the helmet needs to be either Cardinal Red or Black, but not Cherry Red like the picture below which I find to be UGLY!

1601347_10101219206357892_1693328735_n.j

That has to be the ugliest Louisville uniform I have ever seen in my entire life.

Those gray Kentucky uniforms are awful. The need a blue number, not a white number.

And I love that black Louisville helmet. It's not as good as the white one, but it's not ugly either.

The helmet is Cherry Red, not black...unless I am blind as it looks the same color as the face mask....and I agree that the gray uniforms need blue numbers as well.

spacer.png

helmet.jpg

Well, I stand corrected. Here's a helmet from the recent past, the logo doesn't look to bad looking forward...

pistolpetehelmetjpg.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

helmet.jpg

Well, I stand corrected. Here's a helmet from the recent past, the logo doesn't look to bad looking forward...

pistolpetehelmetjpg.jpg

I wonder why Oklahoma St. doesn't have the logo standardized? It's obviously not supposed to be used facing either direction because it's always faced the same direction (to the left or right) on both sides of the helmet. However, the logo on the new helmet is facing the opposite direction than it did this past season.

I wonder if the picture of the new helmet is reversed? There are no letters visible, so there's no way to know.

Update: I just noticed the cowboy on the new helmet has a handkerchief. I think it may have OSU on it. I don't think I've seen this version of the logo before. I'm not an OSU fan, so maybe it's not new. Actually, it appears several tweaks were made to the logo (mustache, eyebrows, hairline, handkerchief and outline for the hat).

It amazes me that these players continue to react as if they are getting something special.

Athletes love new gear

Their acting like their getting a thousand bucks (which some probably do, because school's cheat).

so you would be stone-cold and show/have no emotion if your athletic coaches showed you a new uniform that you would be able to wear?

you should think about it from the point of view of guys that wear the same thing over and over...change of pace is nice

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

new 2014 helmet from Riddell:

Bd940KeCMAEAx-c.jpg

SDSU_EQ SDSU Equipment Room 21m

Introducing the new @RiddellSports Speed Flex helmet. Certain #AztecFB will be wearing this helmet come Spring ball.

Bd95LmMCMAAzouM.jpg

SDSU_EQ SDSU Equipment Room 20m
The new @RiddellSports Speed Flex is only available to certain schools and we are proud to be one of the select few

IIRC, theres a piece of padding under that "flap" in the front right? and that piece will give a bit on impact.?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived