College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Nebraska beat writer was interviewing Bo Pelini and he mentioned Nebraska is wearing an alternate again this year.

Michael Bruntz@michaelbruntz ยท Bo Pelini says Nebraska will have a game this year with an alternate uniform. Says he thinks it might be Illinois game. #Huskers

It sounds like the Illinois game, but some fans are speculating that it might actually be against Miami, since 2014 is sort of a dual anniversary in Husker-Hurricane history. In 1994 (20 years ago), Nebraska won a national title over Miami, and in the 1984 Orange Bowl (30 years ago) , Miami won a national title against Nebraska.

Personally, I'd love to see some throwbacks from those eras (see below), but if that Miami Watermelon helmet is real that might not happen.

ncf_g_orangebowl_600.jpg6cb8de38722ca990cd7931f6bedf54d7cf7cc54b

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT.ย TITLESย  |ย  2nd in CONF. TITLESย  |ย ย 5th in HEISMAN | ย 7th in DRAFTS | ย 8th in ALL-AMERย ย |ย  7th in WINS ย |ย  4th in BOWLS | ย 1st in SELLOUTSย ย |ย  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I was watching Collins New Football Show on ESPN and saw this. Weird lighting or new helmet ?10439777_879848925382776_1978747949_n.jp

I wanna say it's the lighting. I don't think Oregon is going to unleash the lime green on us.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

ย 

Trust me, that helmet is the exact same yellow helmet as has been used the last few seasons for oregon. The brightness and glossiness of the paint against the lighting makes it look as though it is a lime green when really it is lightning yellow.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Speaking of Oregon

Bt2CXJkIIAE2Cs6.jpg

Real talk, is this even needed? Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. I don't want my $100+ ticket to smell like some greasy burger from Carl's Jr.(Change Carl's Jr to Hardee's if your on the East Coast like me)

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

I saw this tonight on our 247 board. They were shooting our stadium intro video today so it was the first time that the players got to wear the new jerseys. I have to say that they look better than I thought they would. Really my only complaint is that it says Razorbacks across the front rather than Arkansas

2991371.png

Better pic of a new alt helmet for TCU:

Bty9Ny5CcAEUVvg.jpg

Same unis as last season. New set of unis likely for 2015.

I like that a lot.

Chrome decals done right IMO. Is that mask chrome purple as well?
I think chrome works when it doesn't really change the color. TCU is a perfect example of how to do chrome right. When it looks like a drastically different color as is the case with michigan state and every school that uses gold chrome helmets, then it can look really silly. Especially when they have a white logo but they go the chrome route rendering it nearly invisible. TCU I believe, use a regular gloss logo on their chrome helmets so it still looks good.

I saw this tonight on our 247 board. They were shooting our stadium intro video today so it was the first time that the players got to wear the new jerseys. I have to say that they look better than I thought they would. Really my only complaint is that it says Razorbacks across the front rather than Arkansas

2991371.png

There's just something about that "Razorbacks" on front that look awfully off. Almost like there's way too much going on in that part of the jersey.

ย 

ย 

2991371.png

There's just something about that "Razorbacks" on front that look awfully off. Almost like there's way too much going on in that part of the jersey.

RAZORBACKS is two letters longer than ARKANSAS, which means smaller font, more crowded kerning, etc., to fit in the same space.

Also, there's some instant mental recognition on the word ARKANSAS because the first A stands out by being an "angled" letter (A, K, V, etc) instead of a "mostly straight, but round" letter (B, D, R, etc).

At a distance, Arkansas is just a less visually-straining word to read.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT.ย TITLESย  |ย  2nd in CONF. TITLESย  |ย ย 5th in HEISMAN | ย 7th in DRAFTS | ย 8th in ALL-AMERย ย |ย  7th in WINS ย |ย  4th in BOWLS | ย 1st in SELLOUTSย ย |ย  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

2991371.png

RAZORBACKS is two letters longer than ARKANSAS, which means smaller font, more crowded kerning, etc., to fit in the same space.

Also, there's some instant mental recognition on the word ARKANSAS because the first A stands out by being an "angled" letter (A, K, V, etc) instead of a "mostly straight, but round" letter (B, D, R, etc).

At a distance, Arkansas is just a less visually-straining word to read.

This is the first I've ever heard that angled letters provide for a less visually straining read. I'm at a loss for words (rounded AND angled).

Better pic of a new alt helmet for TCU:

Bty9Ny5CcAEUVvg.jpg

Same unis as last season. New set of unis likely for 2015.

Those are sweeeeet. Love 'em

White helmet - Purple top - White pants...

That'll look pretty damn good.

It will also never be worn.

And furthermore, I don't think it will look good with this helmet and our current set. Too much black on the home jerseys and none on the white helmet or pants.

Archived