College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

New Marshall uniforms are god-awful. These aren't legal.

No, they're not.

NCAA Football, Rule 1-4-4...

3. Numerals. The jersey must have clearly visible, permanent Arabic numerals measuring at least 8 and 10 inches in height front and back, respectively, of a color that itself is clearly in distinct contrast with the color of the jersey, irrespective of any border around the number. All players of a team shall have the same color and style numbers front and back. The individual bars must be approximately 1-1/2 inches wide. Numbers on any part of the uniform shall correspond with the mandatory front and back jersey numbers.

Funny, this is the wording I found

To clarify uniform rules as follows: "Jerseys must have clearly visible, permanent Arabic numerals measuring at least 8 and 10 inches in height front and back, respectively, and be of one solid color that itself is clearly in distinct contrast with the color of the jersey, irrespective of any border around the number." This rule goes into effect for Football Bowl Subdivision teams in 2013. Football Championship Subdivision, Division II and Division III teams will have until 2014 before the rule becomes effective.

I couldn't find that version in the current rule book.

The penalty for the numbers is one team timeout for each quarter the jerseys are worn. So, Marshall could wear the jerseys, but that only leaves them one timeout a half, because the other two timeouts will be taken away as penalties for the jerseys.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Monochrome madness!

Schools typically show all new uniforms in monochrome as it is easier. Besides the viewer can imagine or wait to see the different combinations.
Easier? Pants of a different color are more difficult to put on a mannequin?

Add me to the list of people dying to hear how putting a colored jersey and colored pants on a mannequin is easier than putting a colored jersey and white pants on a mannequin.

Monochrome madness!

Schools typically show all new uniforms in monochrome as it is easier. Besides the viewer can imagine or wait to see the different combinations.

Add me to the list of people dying to hear how putting a colored jersey and colored pants on a mannequin is easier than putting a colored jersey and white pants on a mannequin.

easier to show each option for each article of equipment. Whats so difficult to understand about that?

Um, no. If I have two mannequins and dress one in red over white and the other in white over red, and you have two mannequins and dress one all red and the other all white, we have both showcased the exact same articles of equipment. The only difference would be that my mannequins will look noticeably better than yours.

Monochrome madness!

It is much easier to show all three uniform sets as monochrome than showing each different uniform combination. I can count at least 12 different combinations off the top of my head and that would be a lot of mannequins when 3 gets the job done. Geez, now how hard was that to understand?

Just to prove my point, here are several uniforms debuts that prove my point:

Maybe Miami should have used 16-20 mannequins to show off all their looks as well:

Su14_AT_NCAA_MIAMI_COMP_FRONT_NEW_previe

Maybe Baylor should have used 12-16 mannequins to show off all their looks as well:

a58d0abd2f7aa4a34d6dfa3ec3e3f89a.jpg

I guess West Virginia could have followed suit as well and showed all uniform combinations:

BIT7iPICEAAZ6hA-570x753.jpg

spacer.png

New Marshall uniforms are god-awful. These aren't legal.

No, they're not.

NCAA Football, Rule 1-4-4...

3. Numerals. The jersey must have clearly visible, permanent Arabic numerals measuring at least 8 and 10 inches in height front and back, respectively, of a color that itself is clearly in distinct contrast with the color of the jersey, irrespective of any border around the number. All players of a team shall have the same color and style numbers front and back. The individual bars must be approximately 1-1/2 inches wide. Numbers on any part of the uniform shall correspond with the mandatory front and back jersey numbers.

Funny, this is the wording I found

To clarify uniform rules as follows: "Jerseys must have clearly visible, permanent Arabic numerals measuring at least 8 and 10 inches in height front and back, respectively, and be of one solid color that itself is clearly in distinct contrast with the color of the jersey, irrespective of any border around the number." This rule goes into effect for Football Bowl Subdivision teams in 2013. Football Championship Subdivision, Division II and Division III teams will have until 2014 before the rule becomes effective.

I couldn't find that version in the current rule book.

The penalty for the numbers is one team timeout for each quarter the jerseys are worn. So, Marshall could wear the jerseys, but that only leaves them one timeout a half, because the other two timeouts will be taken away as penalties for the jerseys.

So by the first interpretation described, those numbers are legal, because the silver and black completely contrast the green. I'm sure Miami's first pro combats would be legal too, by definition of that rule.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

ButKDRsIEAA3gc0.jpg

It looks good; but I really likes Toledo's old set. That was a perfect example of how to use piping.

Marshall on the other hand. Sheesh. Those are ugly. They deserve to only have one timeout a quarter for actually wearing these monstrosities.

UTSA is being unique like everybody else.

MTSU is actually pretty good. I like this look for the blue Raiders.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Monochrome madness!

It is much easier to show all three uniform sets as monochrome than showing each different uniform combination. I can count at least 12 different combinations off the top of my head and that would be a lot of mannequins when 3 gets the job done. Geez, now how hard was that to understand?

I guess West Virginia could have followed suit as well and showed all uniform combinations:

Wow, I don't know what to say, you are just not getting it. Its simple math... it only takes three mannequins and/or players to show off three different pieces of uniform, no matter what the combinations.

Lets look at your West Virginia example above. I can take those same three players, put one in navy over navy over gold (their best look), another in white over gold over white, and the last in gold over white over navy. I've just shown every piece of uniform they did by doing all three an monchrome, right? Right. And it was no more easy or hard then the way they did it.

Monochrome madness!

Maybe Miami should have used 16-20 mannequins to show off all their looks as well:

Su14_AT_NCAA_MIAMI_COMP_FRONT_NEW_previe

Maybe Baylor should have used 12-16 mannequins to show off all their looks as well:

No one is trying to advocate mannequins with every possible combo, besides how exactly is monochrome doing a better job of demonstrating that than non-monochrome would?

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Monochrome madness!

Wow, I don't know what to say, you are just not getting it. Its simple math... it only takes three mannequins and/or players to show off three different pieces of uniform, no matter what the combinations.

Lets look at your West Virginia example above. I can take those same three players, put one in navy over navy over gold (their best look), another in white over gold over white, and the last in gold over white over navy. I've just shown every piece of uniform they did by doing all three an monchrome, right? Right. And it was no more easy or hard then the way they did it.

Wow, I don't know what to say to you as your turning something simple into something complicated. Just use your imagination and you can see how the different combinations would look....it's not that hard.

spacer.png

Also some new uniforms for Middle Tennessee State. Not the best looks, but look like Nike's paint by numbers.

BuszcOYIYAAFFzm.jpg

I just found out about these by way of an unveiling video from Fan Day today. I'm not sure if I'm happy MTSU is already being talked about, or sad that this is the reason. As an MTSU alum (Mass Comm, '08), I think these are awful. Yes, their old look was a rip off of Duke and Southern Cal...

rp_primary_Kevin_Byard_interception_retu

But it was a clean, classy look, and one that we stuck with for a few years. I knew sooner or later we would screw the pooch, because it's what we did for years in the uni department, but blech. Happy 100th season of Blue Raider football indeed. At least the blue top is the best of the three. Maybe it will look better over the white pants.

Also, it only takes us what, 30 years, to get the grey/silver pants back and a proper color...and now they're gone.

I blame Nike.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Monochrome madness!

Sheesh...did Gru use the shrink-ray on the Mountaineers in white and yellow or what?

Monochrome madness!

Sheesh...did Gru use the shrink-ray on the Mountaineers in white and yellow or what?

Not a fan of the black added into the blue.

Monochrome madness!

No one is trying to advocate mannequins with every possible combo, besides how exactly is monochrome doing a better job of demonstrating that than non-monochrome would?

Everytime this line up of Baylor's unis...I always say "Stick with the gold/green/gold". One of the best uniforms in college. But it also makes me think that the Packers would look pretty nice that way if they ever ditch athletic gold...in particular, I'm thinking of Gothamite's concept for the Packers, just tweaked a bit.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

You sure those aren't Oregon State's regular jerseys?

They even have the Pac 10 logo. They'd be the nicest non traditional for sure.

Their equipment managers said they were just practice jerseys on twitter.

Also there's this new UTSA helmet with orange chrome mask and number on the side. Very original

But4CWpIEAAKkIi.jpg

I like that UTSA helmet it looks real clean honestly and I like that chrome Alamo on the back aswell

Letsgoblue.png

holland_hs_sig.pngHollandMichiganPNG_zps9365937b.png

Archived