College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Dear Boise State, Illinois and Syracuse.

Please stop screwing up Blue and Orange. It's not that hard.

Tim+Tebow+Chicago+Bears+v+Denver+Broncos

Sincerely,

Chicago & Denver.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those helmets are cool. But they match next to nothing of the rest of the uniform. I don't know of a compromise that would work in this instance.

The fact that they match nothing is beside the point. They are historically accurate and everyone loves them. And personally I think they look amazing.

If you think they look amazing and everyone loves them then why did they abandon that shade of blue and opt to go with navy helmets since the late 90's (not exactly sure what year they switched)? From what I can recall that shade of blue was abandoned for navy so they could actually have a consistent shade blue but I could be wrong.

I have no idea. Everyone loves Colonel Reb and the Grey jerseys too, but you don't see his logo or those jerseys being used anymore. If I was the athletic director or Hugh Freeze I could tell you. So your question is literally impossible to answer factually, but everyone does love them. A majority of the fan base liking something unfortunately doesn't always constitute to keeping it or wearing it.

Fellow Ole Miss fan here. I'd say a strong majority of fans prefer the navy helmets, given that it's the actual school color. A small, vocal minority prefers the powder blue helmets, or as they were once known as, the "robin's egg blue" helmets.

another thing that may make you go "hmmmm..." for Syracuse this Friday: the "orange-out" promotion has spread to city and county levels

Now granted, Syracuse has done orange-outs in the past for the crowd just to wear their usual uniforms, but there's been quite a bit of promotion to this.

Which will probably mean Syracuse will go All-PLATINUM 'errything again. But yeah, something to keep an eye for as there were orange jerseys and pants in the stylebook but not available for showing off when they unveiled the set in the spring.

Illinois has been promoting an orange-out for this weekend too. They won't announce the uniforms until Thursday, but I'm guessing it's going to be all orange this week.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I havent seen this posted anywhere (correct me if I'm wrong)

There has been some rumblings that Oregon will wear pink again this Thursday against Arizona, because players have worn pink gloves and pink cleats during practice BykK9cNCIAAW_k_.jpg.

Now this popped up on the duckstore website.http://shop.uoduckstore.com/product_p/15090.htm 15090-2T.jpg?1411734322

There is a supposed reveal today per University of Oregon official twitter account https://twitter.com/WinTheDay/status/515955685264068608

Here's the uniforms Nebraska is unveiling against Michigan State this week for their Top 25 clash in East Lansing.

Ameer-Abdullah.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Don't scare me like that! I was assuming it was Michigan-related.

Hopefully those are fashion jerseys that are just for fans, but considering it's Adidas, I'd say Tennessee is probably going to wear those sometime this season.

Man I hope we do not wear that what a mess but anything for the recruits I am sure somebody some young player at UT has fell down after seeing this because it is straight fire! or something like that....

Proud to say the word on the street around here in Knoxville is that Adidas wanted us to wear this but UT has declined according to reports in the local media.

I am thankful because we have a good chance to win this game but man it would have been painful to watch.

Oregon Jerseys for Thursday Night

Byy9IUiIgAALMwf.jpgByy9J5nIMAEIu1k.jpgByy9JG0IgAA9hJg.jpg

The last black jersey was my least favorite of the set. If they woulda used the current black set meaning half pink feathers, I think it woulda looked a lot better. Not bad though.

I think it would look even better if they swapped the black with green and the pink with yellow.

Sincerely,

Chicago & Denver.

I fail to see how Boise or Illinois have "screwed up" blue and orange. Also, Denver's uniforms are ugly and outdated.
Illinois is going to screw up blue and orange on October 25 though.

Oregon Jerseys for Thursday Night

Byy9IUiIgAALMwf.jpgByy9J5nIMAEIu1k.jpgByy9JG0IgAA9hJg.jpg

The last black jersey was my least favorite of the set. If they woulda used the current black set meaning half pink feathers, I think it woulda looked a lot better. Not bad though.

I think it would look even better if they swapped the black with green and the pink with yellow.

These are one-offs for breast cancer awareness and will likely be auctioned off afterward so there's reason to use those colors you mentioned.

I havent seen this posted anywhere (correct me if I'm wrong)

There has been some rumblings that Oregon will wear pink again this Thursday against Arizona, because players have worn pink gloves and pink cleats during practice BykK9cNCIAAW_k_.jpg.

Now this popped up on the duckstore website.http://shop.uoduckstore.com/product_p/15090.htm 15090-2T.jpg?1411734322

There is a supposed reveal today per University of Oregon official twitter account https://twitter.com/WinTheDay/status/515955685264068608

I posted the picture of the jersey several pages back (on like page 255) so they were posted. I didn't post anything about the gloves/cleats so those are new.

Sincerely,

Chicago & Denver.

I fail to see how Boise or Illinois have "screwed up" blue and orange. Also, Denver's uniforms are ugly and outdated.

Homecoming? Is that when they're going to wear the rumored gray/silver alternate?

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Sincerely,

Chicago & Denver.

Homecoming? Is that when they're going to wear the rumored gray/silver alternate?

Yes. Based on the jersey, I'm assuming they're going to wear grey/silver helmets and pants too since there's no orange on the jersey.

Archived