College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In celebration of the 25th anniversary of former quarterback Andre Ware winning the Heisman Trophy, the Cougars will wear uniforms designed from the 1989 season. The 2014 Cougars meet Tulane on Saturday, Nov. 8, inside TDECU Stadium.

No word on the helmets yet, but I would bet that they will be the older gloss red shells with the decal seen below.

image_zps03172234.jpg

Nailed it. B)

I can't explain why, but I love that throwback UH logo. It's too thin and really not that strong of a logo, but...I love it...

Penn State's original colors were black and pink. If they weren't so iconic in their navy/white look, I'd suggest they adopt these Oregon jerseys full time.

Wow, thats true. I didnt know that

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/psu/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2013-14/misc_non_event/12-Timeline.pdf

SEPTEMBER 1887- George "lucy"" Linsz arrives on campus as a freshman and, with help of fellow freshman Charles Hildebrand, gets approval from President George Atherton to organize the first official football team for Penn State Collete

FALL 1887- Pink and Black are picked as the team colors.

ncaapsnl1887opt1.jpg

Penn State's original colors were black and pink. If they weren't so iconic in their navy/white look, I'd suggest they adopt these Oregon jerseys full time.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/psu/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2013-14/misc_non_event/12-Timeline.pdf

SEPTEMBER 1887- George "lucy"" Linsz arrives on campus as a freshman and, with help of fellow freshman Charles Hildebrand, gets approval from President George Atherton to organize the first official football team for Penn State Collete

ncaapsnl1887opt1.jpg

Syracuse's original colors were pink and green, then pink and blue.

The colors thing doesn't bother me, since it's Oregon and the Team of 10,000,000 Uniforms is a proven gimmick, BUT I'm getting really tired of them unveiling their uni sets like it's the second coming of Christ.

ByzKKPwIEAADmWU.jpg

tv1Yztq.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The colors thing doesn't bother me, since it's Oregon and the Team of 10,000,000 Uniforms is a proven gimmick, BUT I'm getting really tired of them unveiling their uni sets like it's the second coming of Christ.

ByzKKPwIEAADmWU.jpg

tv1Yztq.jpg

Albino jesus?

That's not really albino.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

FBL_1415_HolyCross_Casten_Andrew_1405.jp

Harvard runningback wears a Ricky Watters neck roll. Whens the last time you saw that.

That's pretty cool. I also like how they wear random, shiny gold pants. I mean it like gold isn't part of their color scheme, but it but it works great with the two dark colors that are elsewhere on the uniform.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Mississippi State will wear their throwbacks again this weekend against Texas A&M. Not surprising after they beat LSU wearing them.

dak-prescott-ncaa-football-mississippi-s

Has there been any support for a road version of this on campus?

I mean, that's kind of a rhetorical question. Does the grass grow from the ground?

ncaapsnl1887opt1.jpg

Syracuse's original colors were pink and green, then pink and blue.

Not just pink and green, salmon pink and pea green!

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

In celebration of the 25th anniversary of former quarterback Andre Ware winning the Heisman Trophy, the Cougars will wear uniforms designed from the 1989 season. The 2014 Cougars meet Tulane on Saturday, Nov. 8, inside TDECU Stadium.

No word on the helmets yet, but I would bet that they will be the older gloss red shells with the decal seen below.

image_zps03172234.jpg

Nailed it. B)

I can't explain why, but I love that throwback UH logo. It's too thin and really not that strong of a logo, but...I love it...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/44/Logo_of_the_University_of_Houston.png

What's wrong with this? Update of an old logo which shouldn't have been changed to begin with but either way you get the bevel crap. Now if they we're to use just a white or red logo even on the UH now the helmet would look ten times better. aTm is a perfect example. Bevel effect should only be used in large aspects not helmets.

FBL_1415_HolyCross_Casten_Andrew_1405.jp

Harvard runningback wears a Ricky Watters neck roll. Whens the last time you saw that.

Dear Florida State, Notre Dame, and others. Put your khakis away, and get these pants. If Harvard can do it, surely the big programs can too.

Archived