College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Just saw pics from the Syracuse game. Honestly, I like the uniform. I feel that the only problem is that it doesn't scream Syracuse. I think Illinois looked really great this weekend. Much better than their opponents. I'd call them Nebraska, but even my mom complained about their uniforms and how the color red is all wrong.

I actually really love the idea behind the uniforms, but the gray just killed it. Orange fading stripes would look awesome on a blue jersey.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I said, I'm not sure, just what I heard. (Fraternity brother is a student equipment manager)

Check out the article. It says they trusted the players and staff members to keep it a secret. It's been a work in progress for a long time. The 38 helmets were just a facade.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

In case you were wondering Nebraska's uniforms do look like crap in game.

As bad as Nebraska looks, at least Illinois looks great:

5.JPG

3.JPG

Nebraska's numbers were completely illegible from anywhere in the stadium. No idea how announcers were able to handle that.

And Illinois' helmets did not match their pants very well in person. It looked pretty bad under the lights. Lose the chrome finish and go with a solid orange to match the pants.

Illinois does look pretty sweet. Huskers look like farmers in red long johns using duct tape to make a DIY unis to play in the back yard the crops are in the silo.

I really love Illinois new look. They jerseys are awesome and not over the top. Too bad the new unis hasn't translated to much success on the field, but anyway it is a pleasure to look at.

Just saw the Syracuse uniforms for myself.

I started thinking it was Oregon State because the uniform's gray tones really made Syracuse's particular shade of navy look more like carbon or black. Black + Gray + Orange = Oregon State alternate? Maybe Oklahoma State? Either way, it didn't scream Syracuse to me, which is a shame for a team with such a cool color scheme. Blue and orange are a nice visual pairing.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Those helmets are cool. But they match next to nothing of the rest of the uniform. I don't know of a compromise that would work in this instance.

The fact that they match nothing is beside the point. They are historically accurate and everyone loves them. And personally I think they look amazing.

If you think they look amazing and everyone loves them then why did they abandon that shade of blue and opt to go with navy helmets since the late 90's (not exactly sure what year they switched)? From what I can recall that shade of blue was abandoned for navy so they could actually have a consistent shade blue but I could be wrong.

Those helmets are cool. But they match next to nothing of the rest of the uniform. I don't know of a compromise that would work in this instance.

The fact that they match nothing is beside the point. They are historically accurate and everyone loves them. And personally I think they look amazing.

If you think they look amazing and everyone loves them then why did they abandon that shade of blue and opt to go with navy helmets since the late 90's (not exactly sure what year they switched)? From what I can recall that shade of blue was abandoned for navy so they could actually have a consistent shade blue but I could be wrong.

Could of been that reason, but also could of been the same reason the Rams switched their shade of blue, to look more... tough or modern? The lighter blue and red just really goes with the Civil War theme in a subtle kind of way, which is what I assume they are going for now.

I still wanna see Admiral Akbar on the sides of their helmets! :D

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

On a serious note: Absolutely love those Ole Miss helmets. A version with white numbers would look really nice too IMO.

No thanks. College football needs fewer helmets with numbers. The powder blues were great (mainly for nostalgia sake and not for color matching), and having the Ole Miss logo on both sides is the best option.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I have no idea. Everyone loves Colonel Reb and the Grey jerseys too, but you don't see his logo or those jerseys being used anymore. If I was the athletic director or Hugh Freeze I could tell you. So your question is literally impossible to answer factually, but everyone does love them. A majority of the fan base liking something unfortunately doesn't always constitute to keeping it or wearing it.

jajtww.jpg

I have no idea. Everyone loves Colonel Reb and the Grey jerseys too, but you don't see his logo or those jerseys being used anymore. If I was the athletic director or Hugh Freeze I could tell you. So your question is literally impossible to answer factually, but everyone does love them. A majority of the fan base liking something unfortunately doesn't always constitute to keeping it or wearing it.

Does the fan base prefer the bronco blue shell to the navy one? Just trying to get an idea. Do they want to go back or was it just a rare nostalgia thing?

another thing that may make you go "hmmmm..." for Syracuse this Friday: the "orange-out" promotion has spread to city and county levels

Now granted, Syracuse has done orange-outs in the past for the crowd just to wear their usual uniforms, but there's been quite a bit of promotion to this.

Which will probably mean Syracuse will go All-PLATINUM 'errything again. But yeah, something to keep an eye for as there were orange jerseys and pants in the stylebook but not available for showing off when they unveiled the set in the spring.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Archived