College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually liked Oregon's black and pink look. I prefer the bright yellow and apple green but for a gimmick this was a decent.

Speaking of gimmicks, this one is awful. UVA will be wearing this with all white unis for their home game this weekend against Pitt.

By-I-zOIIAEVVhX.jpg

By92dH_IAAAQwID.jpg

I actually liked Oregon's black and pink look. I prefer the bright yellow and apple green but for a gimmick this was a decent.

Speaking of gimmicks, this one is awful. UVA will be wearing this with all white unis for their home game this weekend against Pitt.

By-I-zOIIAEVVhX.jpg

By92dH_IAAAQwID.jpg

should have tinted it blue with orange instead of grey inserts

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

FBL_1415_HolyCross_Casten_Andrew_1405.jp

Harvard runningback wears a Ricky Watters neck roll. Whens the last time you saw that.

Dear Florida State, Notre Dame, and others. Put your khakis away, and get these pants. If Harvard can do it, surely the big programs can too.

I do see a swoosh, so it can be done for nike schools

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Idk about y'all, but IMO you can't pull off chrome,matte, pink, and modern, as well as Oregon has tonight. Whilst maintaining recognizable.

Actually it's hard to pull off any of those things, but Oregons managed to do it.

If I owned a Lingerie Football Team, I'd have these Ducks unis as my home unis. Dazzling.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Idk about y'all, but IMO you can't pull off chrome,matte, pink, and modern, as well as Oregon has tonight. Whilst maintaining recognizable.

Actually it's hard to pull off any of those things, but Oregons managed to do it.

If I owned a Lingerie Football Team, I'd have these Ducks unis as my home unis. Dazzling.
The problem with Lingerie Football League is you wouldn't see much of that jersey...well I guess really it's a good thing. :)

Harvard runningback wears a Ricky Watters neck roll. Whens the last time you saw that.

Dear Florida State, Notre Dame, and others. Put your khakis away, and get these pants. If Harvard can do it, surely the big programs can too.

It can, but not with their newest technology for pants. And it would look weird with the new shirts, too, which are matte.

By-I-zOIIAEVVhX.jpg

By92dH_IAAAQwID.jpg

Well now we know where those Oregon carbon fiber helmets went. Must of dropped them off when Oregon traveled to virginia last year.

oregonsig.png

By-I-zOIIAEVVhX.jpg

By92dH_IAAAQwID.jpg

Well now we know where those Oregon carbon fiber helmets went. Must of dropped them off when Oregon traveled to virginia last year.

Kids, remember: Always recycle...

200px-poochie1.gif?w=468

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

By-I-zOIIAEVVhX.jpg

By92dH_IAAAQwID.jpg

So 2010...

It can, but not with their newest technology for pants. And it would look weird with the new shirts, too, which are matte.

what does that mean specifically? are the new pants made of a different material than the old?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

It was fortunate the Ducks were doing the whole pink-breast cancer thing last night.

thumbnail_2_11f352_v2.jpg

Because Tony Washington looked like a total boob when he handed the game to Arizona.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

what does that mean specifically? are the new pants made of a different material than the old?

Yes. in the mid 2000's nike and other uniform labels started to introduce their own proprietary fabrics into football uniforms. Until then they all basically sourced their textiles from the contract uniform manufacturers like wilson/ripon etc. These fabrics were not proprietary and started to make their way into football in the mid-late 80's.

Before then (70's) it was basically 100% polyester. Then they moved to the fabric typically referred to as dazzle which was primarily nylon/spandex (may have still had some poly). Whatever nylon that was used is what brought the sheen/dazzle to uniforms. The one drawback of this fabric is that it does not breathe or wick moisture and is considered somewhat heavy by today's standards.

Once nike/ua/adi decided to jump into the uniform construction game (as opposed to using 3rd party uniforms and slapping a logo on them) they basically took their existing moisture wicking and breathable fabrics (e.g. dri fit) and applied those fabrics to their own templates. The major drawbacks of these fabrics is that they are basically matte (less nylon I believe and more poly) and less durable because the material is thinner. Players have a strong preference to the new fabrics because they are light and comfortable which I believe is why so many teams have abandoned the metallic/shiny finish with the exception being those teams that are absolutely committed to aesthetics (raiders).

This is a high level breakdown. There are probably some details missing but this is pretty much the explanation as to why the older fabrics are still around but less and less prevalent.

The white outline all around the Arizona logo leaves only one helmet to be the right one to use every game...the white helmet...anything else looks amauter

Unless they go with the white helmet, and replace the decal with a silver one. Just nonsense.

RHPJDRIEEMKLTTU.20140921025601.jpg

Keep the logo red and blue, and add stripes. Maybe add stripes to all the helmets (except the copper one), and then swap the facemasks for some contrasting color. The red helmets especially are too red.

Arizona's white helmet with stripes is definitely the best, and it'd be better if they had the navy facemask like the good ol' days. The red helmet, without a metallic finish, looks gaudy and cheap.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

It was fortunate the Ducks were doing the whole pink-breast cancer thing last night.

thumbnail_2_11f352_v2.jpg

Because Tony Washington looked like a total boob when he handed the game to Arizona.

I'm pretty sick and tired of these b.s. "celebration penalties"...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Archived