College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Tuned into a game last night on TV because the name of the school looked interesting in the listing.

Colorado School of Mines!

They're in white and looked pretty sharp. Their nickname is the Orediggers and they're undefeated, ranked #15.

The opponent was the Fort Lewis College Skyhawks, who they beat 56-14. Their helmets were gold like Notre Dame's.

AR-141019615.jpg

Look at this catch!

stitt.0.0_standard_730.0.png

VIDEO -

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/10/16/6991639/colorado-school-mines-football-bob-stitt-diamond-gillis

I'm guessing my brother is starting to regret not accepting their offer to play for them. How can you turn down an offer to play for a team named the Orediggers?!

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tuned into a game last night on TV because the name of the school looked interesting in the listing.

They're in white and looked pretty sharp. Their nickname is the Orediggers and they're undefeated, ranked #15.

The opponent was the Fort Lewis College Skyhawks, who they beat 56-14. Their helmets were gold like Notre Dame's.

AR-141019615.jpg

Look at this catch!

VIDEO -

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/10/16/6991639/colorado-school-mines-football-bob-stitt-diamond-gillis

I'm guessing my brother is starting to regret not accepting their offer to play for them. How can you turn down an offer to play for a team named the Orediggers?!

I ain't saying he an oredigger...

AR-141019615.jpg

Look at this catch!

VIDEO -

I ain't saying he an oredigger...

and he aint wearing any GFGS ....

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

1be6_35.JPG

Check out that huge wordmark.

Likely just for the practice jersey. Texas had similar practice jerseys in the 60s and early 70s that were similar and they pop up in image searches all the time.

They are photo jerseys for picture day. Both Texas and Kansas used the same styles with the same fonts (Bebas):

78a11cdd62bb554b2f1ecacaf73ab0db.jpg

a863c4f98d17a5f523d9b24b9e3ddccd.jpg

FsQiF2W.png

1be6_35.JPG

Likely just for the practice jersey. Texas had similar practice jerseys in the 60s and early 70s that were similar and they pop up in image searches all the time.

They are photo jerseys for picture day. Both Texas and Kansas used the same styles with the same fonts (Bebas):

Compare the S's. Those are not the same fonts.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

1be6_35.JPG

Can you explain what a photo jersey is? I'm assuming it was for distribution to the media/press in the black and white days. Was that their only purpose? Obviously the huge wordmak would make sense in that context. The texas jersey looks pretty cool and would have looked good on field too.

Good news on the Kansas uni front as the interim head coach said he is not allowing the use of anymore wacky uniforms.

http://cjonline.com/sports/2014-10-11/ku-football-notebook-clint-bowen-changes-uniforms-alums-return-support-team

Actually BAD news due to those clunky grey pants bring used at home still. GFGS, I guess.

Kansas has been known in the past to wear gray pants so it would not be GFGS:

2003-2006

ks-03-06-bluegrey-douglasjones-hor-675x3

2009:

ant.jpg

So basically a worse version of the Giants?

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Continuing the Kansas discussion, this is probably an unpopular opinion but I thought this was a good look when they were with Nike. Get the colors correct, use the blue socks, keep the jayhawk on the sleeve, and possibly on the helmet:

KuWyomingTADuncanTD_t440.jpg?9e2a24ba448KuWyomingTADefensiveStop_t440.jpg?9e2a24

KUTAChiles_t440.jpg?9e2a24ba44807f8f9b96KuWyomingTAFloodman_t440.jpg?9e2a24ba448

My favorite Kansas look too. Blue helmets with red facemask just seemed to work for them, and the stair-step KU was good.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Good news on the Kansas uni front as the interim head coach said he is not allowing the use of anymore wacky uniforms.

http://cjonline.com/sports/2014-10-11/ku-football-notebook-clint-bowen-changes-uniforms-alums-return-support-team

Actually BAD news due to those clunky grey pants bring used at home still. GFGS, I guess.

Kansas has been known in the past to wear gray pants so it would not be GFGS:

2003-2006

ks-03-06-bluegrey-douglasjones-hor-675x3

2009:

ant.jpg

So basically a worse version of the Giants?

Those bold numbers in Trajan font look much better than their current look. They need to go back to that bold look or straight up block numbers. I kind of like the dark gray pants but going back to the lighter shade would look good too. If they keep wearing white helmets on the road they should add a helmet stripe and a blue facemask.

Continuing the Kansas discussion, this is probably an unpopular opinion but I thought this was a good look when they were with Nike. Get the colors correct, use the blue socks, keep the jayhawk on the sleeve, and possibly on the helmet:

KuWyomingTADuncanTD_t440.jpg?9e2a24ba448KuWyomingTADefensiveStop_t440.jpg?9e2a24

KUTAChiles_t440.jpg?9e2a24ba44807f8f9b96KuWyomingTAFloodman_t440.jpg?9e2a24ba448

No, these reek of the 90's and early 00's.

Army is going full camo this weekend:

Army%2B-%2BFull%2BCamo.PNG

Cincinnati helmet for this weekend:

Cincinnati.PNG

UNC vs GT:

UNC.PNG

WKU Hilltoppers patch to honor Jimmy Felix:

WKU%2BHonors%2BFelix.PNG

I'd never heard of Jimmy Felix and/or Feix, but yes, his last name IS FEIX, not Felix. I was worried they screwed up the patch.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

This will be very hard on the eyes. I feel like the head coach said, "Look at all this stuff" (He's from Georgia Southern so only had 2 unis)!!! they are approaching Walker University level with this stuff.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Cincinnati.PNG

UNC vs GT:

UNC.PNG

WKU%2BHonors%2BFelix.PNG

I'd never heard of Jimmy Felix and/or Feix, but yes, his last name IS FEIX, not Felix. I was worried they screwed up the patch.

winning-est coach in western kentucky history from 68-83 .. they also named the field after him also. I only know this becuz i used them on ncaa

5432b33b66a05.image.jpg?resize=760%2C588

check out these helmets from when he was there, gonna see if i can find some of the jerseys as well

1389893_707550679337081_277989900_n.jpg

jimmyfeix_1413142124155_8914287_ver1.0_6

543803501412b.image.jpg?resize=300%2C221

looks like their set when he was head coach was pretty close to what they had before the mess they have now, and what a shame i loved these

19801002_BG1.jpg

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Cincinnati.PNG

UNC vs GT:

UNC.PNG

WKU%2BHonors%2BFelix.PNG

winning-est coach in western kentucky history from 68-83 .. they also named the field after him also. I only know this becuz i used them on ncaa

5432b33b66a05.image.jpg?resize=760%2C588

check out these helmets from when he was there, gonna see if i can find some of the jerseys as well

1389893_707550679337081_277989900_n.jpg

jimmyfeix_1413142124155_8914287_ver1.0_6

543803501412b.image.jpg?resize=300%2C221

looks like their set when he was head coach was pretty close to what they had before the mess they have now, and what a shame i loved these

19801002_BG1.jpg

It's a complete inversion. 1970's had the coaches wearing horribly loud and garish outfits compared to the team's uniforms today.

UNC vs GT:

WKU%2BHonors%2BFelix.PNG

Wow! Every time I seen his name on campus I always thought of Felix the Cat and I must have been thinking of that when I posted earlier. Thanks for catching this mistake.

spacer.png

Browsing and came across this. I think we may need to steal this terminology for the U-Dub and Arkansas jerseys, too.

2zyzion.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived