College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

gives it a modern look to a classic lid. However a red facemask would look pretty good too.

It's been done before. Not associated with the best times in USC football history. Went back to gray when Pete Carroll took over.

s568872814488652156_p12364_i1_w579.jpeg

That was my favorite uniform for them.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gives it a modern look to a classic lid. However a red facemask would look pretty good too.

It's been done before. Not associated with the best times in USC football history. Went back to gray when Pete Carroll took over.

What a F-ing manchild he was. Looks like he's 28-30 in that pic when he's 21. Just a physical freak.

What a F-ing manchild he was. Looks like he's 28-30 in that pic when he's 21. Just a physical freak.

I think they should bring that look back as an alt or possibly dig into the Howard Jones/Frank Gifford era. The team does have a great identity but they cling on way too much to the McKay/Robinson era.

Edit: Yes I just realized I responded to be my own post. Consolidation Fail.

Yeah he was an awesome athlete and person. Too bad he bashed his head around too many times :(

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

oh I remember, right around Marinovich era. That red facemask and the tommy trojan logo on the helmet wasn't positive. I like SC in what they wear now.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

How beautiful is Va Tech v. Pitt right now?! Pitt in gold/blue/gold and VT in maroon/white/white.

Looks a little more like gold/blue/khaki. The shades of gold are brutally different. I know, I know nike can't make shiny materials because they sold their soul to the devil to piss people like us off, but I feel like they have to be able to get a little closer with the flat material.

Utah is wearing their new white helmets for the 3rd road game in a row. This time with a white facemask.

B0FJs4SCIAAmDQL.jpg

They have used red and black perviously.

dm_140920_Utah_Michigan_Highlight.jpghi-res-a4235dff933397a701c50c7abc34cff8_

I like how they are just changing the facemask each week, but out of the three my favorite is the black.

spacer.png

Utah is wearing their new white helmets for the 3rd road game in a row. This time with a white facemask.

B0FJs4SCIAAmDQL.jpg

I like how they are just changing the facemask each week, but out of the three my favorite is the black.

i cant even decide which one is my favorite look .. all three are excellent to me , but if i had to pick, it be white helmet/black facemask with the black pants

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

oh I remember, right around Marinovich era. That red facemask and the tommy trojan logo on the helmet wasn't positive. I like SC in what they wear now.

They won a couple of Rose Bowls with the red facemasks. The 1992 season was a down year, but the Tommy Trojan logo was pretty sharp on the helmets.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Good news on the Kansas uni front as the interim head coach said he is not allowing the use of anymore wacky uniforms.

http://cjonline.com/sports/2014-10-11/ku-football-notebook-clint-bowen-changes-uniforms-alums-return-support-team

Actually BAD news due to those clunky grey pants bring used at home still. GFGS, I guess.

Kansas has been known in the past to wear gray pants so it would not be GFGS:

2003-2006

ks-03-06-bluegrey-douglasjones-hor-675x3

2009:

ant.jpg

B0FJs4SCIAAmDQL.jpg

i cant even decide which one is my favorite look .. all three are excellent to me , but if i had to pick, it be white helmet/black facemask with the black pants

I just find it interesting that by simply changing the facemask that it creates a whole new look for a uniform.

spacer.png

Tuned into a game last night on TV because the name of the school looked interesting in the listing.

Colorado School of Mines!

They're in white and looked pretty sharp. Their nickname is the Orediggers and they're undefeated, ranked #15.

The opponent was the Fort Lewis College Skyhawks, who they beat 56-14. Their helmets were gold like Notre Dame's.

AR-141019615.jpg

Look at this catch!

stitt.0.0_standard_730.0.png

VIDEO -

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/10/16/6991639/colorado-school-mines-football-bob-stitt-diamond-gillis

87Redskins.png

Tuned into a game last night on TV because the name of the school looked interesting in the listing.

Colorado School of Mines!

They're in white and looked pretty sharp. Their nickname is the Orediggers and they're undefeated, ranked #15.

The opponent was the Fort Lewis College Skyhawks, who they beat 56-14. Their helmets were gold like Notre Dame's.

AR-141019615.jpg

Look at this catch!

stitt.0.0_standard_730.0.png

VIDEO -

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/10/16/6991639/colorado-school-mines-football-bob-stitt-diamond-gillis

Colorado School of Mines is probably consistently better than Colorado.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived