Super Bowl XLVIII

njmeadowlanders

Definitely looks like tarps. I'm gonna keep wishing that to be true so I can continue to hold out hope that we see an orange endzone.

They're not tarps. There aren't any end zones at all. That's what it looks like when they swap out Jets/Giants. They'll be installing the end zones soon.

This is how they do it:

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

testaverdex-large.jpg

This was a screwjob of the Seahawks at the Meadowlands in '98 which was one of the plays leading to a cry for replay. That's a fourth down where Vinny came up short and the winning TD was awarded, Jets 32 Seattle 31.

Anyway if you notice the other side of the goal line, it's the same color as the astroturf in the field of play. This was a December game which was unusually mild and humid here in north Jersey, and they had to tear up the Jets astroturf end zone and replace it with a plain end zone with no markings after the original bubbled up and wasn't safe to play on.

They switched to grass anyway a couple of seasons later but that turned out to be an unmitigated disaster, even after a multimillion dollar removable tray system was installed. They've had field turf ever since, though at Giants Stadium the end zones weren't removable, they'd paint them only with a white wordmark JETS or GIANTS.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

12170853485_f6152cd16a_o.jpg

Quick note for the curiosity on the Jets would-be Super Bowl end zone. The answer should be what was in Canton for the 1992 Hall of Fame Game. Don't have the picture off-hand, but I think they were green and the Eagles were gray like Super Bowl XV. HOF did the Super Bowl end zones until they had turf installed for the 1997 game.

Yeah, it looks like both end zones are navy.

1w5s0.jpg

It looks like they are sticking with the smaller than normal, already sewn in, NFL logo at mid-field rather than painting a new one that is traditionally almost 10-yards wide.

iq5b7nF.png

Can't believe the players wore stupid little hoodies during Media Day!

This may be geeky, but one of my favorite things about Super Bowl week was Media Day, the first time you saw all the players wearing the jerseys with the Super Bowl patch. I always thought it looked so cool.

Now, we've got them wearing some lame ass Nike hoodie. I'm usually a big nike supporter, but this is lameeee.

140127_masepostcard_inside.jpg

90758391980.gif

This may be geeky, but one of my favorite things about Super Bowl week was Media Day, the first time you saw all the players wearing the jerseys with the Super Bowl patch. I always thought it looked so cool.

Now, we've got them wearing some lame ass Nike hoodie. I'm usually a big nike supporter, but this is lameeee.

I hope this is a one year thing....I never want to see this crap ever again for a SB media day...looks like one of the those weight loss suits

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

I hope this is a one year thing....I never want to see this crap ever again for a SB media day...looks like one of the those weight loss suits

Depend on how many nike sells. Nobody ever moves backwards off a cash opportunity.

Depend on how many nike sells. Nobody ever moves backwards off a cash opportunity.

I'm going to agree with you and tell Nike to take my money. Those are nice and we will probably see them on sidelines next year

I'm going to agree with you and tell Nike to take my money. Those are nice and we will probably see them on sidelines next year

I'm pretty sure the personal trainers at Equinox wear the same outfits...

I actually liked them. Love the team numbers on the chest. Where was media day held? If it was in MetLife the jerseys would've been too cold.

And do they even wear game jerseys or do Rey wear the fan jerseys?

I know the giants didn't wear the game jerseys during media day.

I actually liked them. Love the team numbers on the chest. Where was media day held? If it was in MetLife the jerseys would've been too cold.

And do they even wear game jerseys or do Rey wear the fan jerseys?

I know the giants didn't wear the game jerseys during media day.

The Giants (and also the Bears in XLI) wore retail authentics to media day. I remember being shocked seeing linemen with full sleeves.

I thought that the tracksuits might be because they were outside, but media day was in the Prudential Center this year. It's crap. Ruining the nice little tradition just so Nike can push some crap track suits, of which they will sell 39.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I liked the sweats worn today, and hopefully they'll be worn in the future Media Days.

I always thought how silly it was for the player to wear their game day uni's on a non-game day, for Media Day. They looked like a 10 year old on Halloween who wore their favorite NFL teams uni to go Trick-or-Treating.

Archived