A11 Football League Branding

JackieMoon

Everyone within the CCSLC is entitled to his, or her, opinion regarding the launch of the A11 Football League. The same holds true for the launch of the various components of the A11FL team identity packages. So, in this thread, feel free to share your opinions with regard to what you consider to be the merits and shortcomings of said branding components.

That said, moving forward, let's steer clear of sharing our opinions of other CCSLC members' OPINIONS.

The opinions of another person are THEIR OPINIONS. As such, they are welcome to them... and we are unlikely to sway them from holding on to them. Frankly, why should we want to try? After all, we don't want anyone berating us for our own opinions.

There's been a slow, but steady rise in the level of general incivility out here lately. Words such as "stupid", "ignorant", "moronic", etc. are being tossed around a bit too freely. Simple differences of opinion are quickly escalating into flame-wars. So, let's do our best to combat that trend, shall we? We can begin to do so by THINKING whatever we like about another CCSLC member's opinion, while electing to refrain from SHARING said thoughts.

Discretion is the better part of valor... and civility.

Now, if you're truly having a problem dealing with another CCSLC member's BEHAVIOR, feel free to call that to the attention of a member of the moderating team.

Thanks in advance, folks.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As someone eager to see an alternative professional football league launch AND survive, I feel its incumbent upon the leadership of such an undertaking to conduct their business in as fiscally-prudent a manner as possible. After all, the track-record of such leagues points towards any new entry in the long line of these ventures to hemorrhage money from the get-go. Why exacerbate the financial struggles the A11FL will surely face by taking-on such needless expenses as purchasing multiple helmet designs per team? There are far better places such money can be spent.

Agreed. Is there any chance that all of these helmet concepts are maybe just proposed designs from which they pull only 1 or 2?

gYH2mW9.png

As someone eager to see an alternative professional football league launch AND survive, I feel its incumbent upon the leadership of such an undertaking to conduct their business in as fiscally-prudent a manner as possible. After all, the track-record of such leagues points towards any new entry in the long line of these ventures to hemorrhage money from the get-go. Why exacerbate the financial struggles the A11FL will surely face by taking-on such needless expenses as purchasing multiple helmet designs per team? There are far better places such money can be spent.

Agreed. Is there any chance that all of these helmet concepts are maybe just proposed designs from which they pull only 1 or 2?

I've been wondering this myself. Money, and being wise with it, is of much greater importance than this many helmets per team. I suspect we will see an initial helmet (or two) for each team until money is a lesser issue for this league.

To use a software development term, this is like a pre-Alpha stage -- this is what we'd like to do. But it might not necessarily all be in the final release.

Lets just get this straight,

People are complaining about how certain teams have 4-5 helmets. Yet, we've only seen concepts of these "helmets". In fact, we haven't seen one real helmet from this league at all. Why are we assuming all these are actually going to be hitting the field in 2015? Obviously, this is a marketing stratagy. Look at us now, talking about all the different helmets. This is just a ploy to boost some interest in this league, and it's working. Some of these may be made a reality after the league takes off, but these are all concepts. Nothing official, im sure.

The only thing I take seriously are the logos themselves.

People are complaining about how certain teams have 4-5 helmets. Yet, we've only seen concepts of these "helmets". In fact, we haven't seen one real helmet from this league at all. Why are we assuming all these are actually going to be hitting the field in 2015? Obviously, this is a marketing stratagy. Look at us now, talking about all the different helmets. This is just a ploy to boost some interest in this league, and it's working. Some of these may be made a reality after the league takes off, but these are all concepts. Nothing official, im sure.

considering people on this site are the only ones that know this league exists their marketing strategy isn't working at all

considering people on this site are the only ones that know this league exists their marketing strategy isn't working at all

Without all these concept helmets, I'm sure this board wouldn't know much about the league.

+1 for A11 marketing.

The A11FL had said that after their showcase games they will reveal more about their ownership (49%) groups and their finances. I will take it more seriously after that. Until then I am just enjoying what I see as some really well done concept logos and helmets. Unlike a lot of leagues which are actually out there playing games (aba, cifl, etc.) this league is actually putting out good designs not slapdash crap logos with clipart components and Copperpot font. For these boards that is a rare opportunity. Let's focus on the design elements and not worry so much about the reality of a potential new league.

As the owner of a development level professional sports team, this helmet issue seems pretty cut and dried.

We are talking 8 teams and 3 helmets each... if Shutt is the helmet for every palyer, Shutt has a platform to show off what can be done with their helmets graphically, and while the retail cost is upwards of $00-600, I can without question say that the cost to Shutt is 10% of that cost. So lets look at exposure..

even if every team has 53 players we are talking a Helmet sponsorship worth less than $150,000 to give each team 3 helmet sets.

At our level, I receive for my team alone 40 helmets and 40 glasses free of charge, just to put a sponsor logo on our jersey, and for the exposure of having guys/girls wear their helmets and glasses.

We are not on ESPN, and we will not be an influencer, for high schools and youth football, who will see cool helmets, and want them.

The three helmets are not going to break Shutt.

Just my 2 cents. Personally I love the diversity, there is a theme, so its all one brand, and this is not 1980. Kids, are not going to be interested in NFL-lite.

But a cool league that has swagger, and a unique while still semi traditional look. that is going to bring fans, and kids who will go out and buy hats, jerseys, etc...

When it comes to the Panthers logo, less is more. The less you mess with it, the better it is. The middle one is easily fixable and the Panther head looks great. If they are going to change it just for the sake of change then add the front legs and make the "torso" an actual torso. Right now, it looks like a panther slug.

I don't think it's awful by any means. It's rendered fine, it's just that the eyes are a mess. But they are also on the Dolphins' logo. This seems to be kind of that style/Carolina Panthers style. Negative space and sparse lines.

Awful? Not at all.

Archived