Mizzou's Michael Sam comes out

McCall

Stop being gay? LOL That is the funniest thing I've read in a long time. If you can stop being gay, I can stop being olive skinned.

Sammy Sosa says hi. :P

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there has been enough evidence that being gay is caused by a genetic annoramilty. Who knows if they ever issolate what causes it or how to indentify, but whatever it is a something in the DNA of some people and even animals.

What will be intersting to see what happens politically if they do issolate the gay gene.

Would a Pro-Life Christian have an Abotion?

Would many Pro-Choice people suddenly want restrictions on abortion, especially people in the gay community.

That will be some battle and the hyprocracy will be flying.

I honestly don't know if that post's offensive. ...Is that post offensive?

If it is offensive, then you need some thicker skin.

spacer.png

That's the funny thing in all of this. That those that so proudly trumpet their identity as Christians and use it to justify their bigoted feelings of homosexuals are often the ones who have the least knowledge of their religion. That they're often Protestants of some form is the ironic cherry atop of this sad sundae.

And unfortunately, they're the people who bring a bad name to the religion. Many have a gag reflex when Christian faith comes up, and that's really unfortunate, because the core of Christianity is acceptance. Even those who do not believe in the religion should look upon it's principles favorably. But I can't really blame those who don't because there are so many who have skewed it's teachings towards intolerance.

Hell, I'm a Christian, and I even have that gag reflex when people begin talking of their faith.

Oh I know. And it's sad. I know Christians, here and in real life, who are tolerant and accepting people. They deserve better then to have their religion be represented by the nuordrs and nash61s of the world.

I think there has been enough evidence that being gay is caused by a genetic annoramilty. Who knows if they ever issolate what causes it or how to indentify, but whatever it is a something in the DNA of some people and even animals.

What will be intersting to see what happens politically if they do issolate the gay gene.

Would many Pro-Choice people suddenly want restrictions on abortion, especially people in the gay community.

What?

It wouldn't be offensive to me personally as I am not gay, I was asking if the "gay gene" comment could have been offensive to gay people and then he brought up abortion.

IbjBaeE.png

He also said that when a person gets so depressed that they could swing either way in order to find a companion.

I'm going to conduct a survey. Any straight guys here who never once had any attraction to men suddenly feel like sleeping with a dude while bumed out about being single?

The REAL choice is whether people use their religion to hide their closed-mindedness and bigotry behind.

BINGO!

A 3000+ year old book is telling you that it's a sin to "lay with another man," yet you embrace the bacon double cheeseburger on your plate and wipe your mouth with a multiblend napkin. If you chose to speak out about Michael Sam in the name of religion, you have to picket Five Guys or In and Out Burger too!

27783.jpg

And yet, they sell pork products *smh*

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

You'll find that most athletes these days do not care about a teammate's sexuality. All they care about is if the person can help them win!!

There'll still be some that will object due to religious reasons or because of disinformation they've received about homosexuality.

Complete and total bull :censored:.

Let's put it this wayif I had a dollar for every time I heard the word " :censored:" at a practice or game as an athlete during my life, I'd have enough money to put my way through college.

That is a ridiculous statement. Your 18. You can't equate teenagers reactions with that of grown men. Yes there are probably some, but an adult professional athlete can handle a situation like this much better than a kid.

What?

It wouldn't be offensive to me personally as I am not gay, I was asking if the "gay gene" comment could have been offensive to gay people and then he brought up abortion.

How can gay gene be offensive its no different than a gene that makes some one have blue eyes, everything is in the genes.

I was just thinking aloud what will happen if they can figure out what that gene looks like and how to identify it with the DNA mapping that is going on.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

You'll find that most athletes these days do not care about a teammate's sexuality. All they care about is if the person can help them win!!

There'll still be some that will object due to religious reasons or because of disinformation they've received about homosexuality.

Complete and total bull :censored:.

Let's put it this wayif I had a dollar for every time I heard the word " :censored:" at a practice or game as an athlete during my life, I'd have enough money to put my way through college.

That is a ridiculous statement. Your 18. You can't equate teenagers reactions with that of grown men. Yes there are probably some, but an adult professional athlete can handle a situation like this much better than a kid.

An adult athlete is AT WORK. You can't used that language there. And I never understood the use of it on the courts/playing fields either. It shows a definite lack of imagination and poor language skills.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

He also said that when a person gets so depressed that they could swing either way in order to find a companion.

I'm going to conduct a survey. Any straight guys here who never once had any attraction to men suddenly feel like sleeping with a dude while bumed out about being single?

They don't live in the same universe that I do but I may be able to tender a couple answers here:

friends_706_ross_joey_nap.jpg

spacer.png

Possibly, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't intentional. Francis isn't always the best at putting his thoughts into words. I think I get what he's trying to say so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

BB52Big.jpg

You can leave your faith at any point. It's not genetic, it's not biological. It is only social forces keeping you in the place. You can't stop being gay.

Sure you can, just like an alcoholic can stop drinking or a meth addict can quit smoking the pipe. People can do amazing things when they set their mind to do it. I am not gonna beat a dead horse, but to say that someone cannot stop something is insane and not true.

Good Lord.

People become alcoholics and drug abusers. The only way they're born that way is if the mother is using while pregnant. And then they're born with that addiction, not genetically, but rather by use through the mother. It's not the same thing.

Now someone who is gay can choose to live a heterosexual lifestyle, much like Jason Collins did for some time, but it doesn't mean they stopped being gay. Now I don't doubt the possibility that a person's feelings could change over the course of their lives, but again it's not necessarily by choice.

Possibly, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't intentional. Francis isn't always the best at putting his thoughts into words. I think I get what he's trying to say so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Calling the hypothetical gay gene an "abnormality" probably isn't the best word to use... the connotation is not good, but since most people do not end up gay, it is not "normal". We are all abnormal for obsessing over sports uniforms, but it doesn't mean that our lifestyle is invalid. Neither is being black normal, since most people are not black. Or blue-eyed. "Curing" sexual orientation would be like curing freckles. It's not a disease; it's just a trait. There is a day coming where people can design their babies... you can kinda sorta almost pick whether you have a boy or a girl right now. The "gay gene" issue is one in a long line of ethical/moral quandaries that we'll have to deal with when that day comes.

Tank's post was basically just a plot synopsis of X-Men, anyway.

Yeah. Whether the wording was perfect or not, I don't think Tank's post was offensive.

I also don't know if it's accurate, but it may be. Is there actually specific evidence that it's a gene at this point, or is that just a theory?

I'm also no biologist. Are all of our predisposition's theorized to be caused by specific genes, or in some cases wouldn't it be other chemical balances a few steps down from genes.

And now my head hurts. This is why I went to art school.

Yeah. Whether the wording was perfect or not, I don't think Tank's post was offensive.

I also don't know if it's accurate, but it may be. Is there actually specific evidence that it's a gene at this point, or is that just a theory?

I'm also no biologist. Are all of our predisposition's theorized to be caused by specific genes, or in some cases wouldn't it be other chemical balances a few steps down from genes.

Your head hurts? Try reading these posts with a concussion.

I hate how the term "bigot" is thrown around so frequintley now. I feel that most people who call out so called "bigots" can be hypocritical. For example, if someone is called a bigot because they do not believe in the tolerance in homosexuality, but do not hate against homosexuality by just stating their opinion, like the Calgary reciever, is called a bigot how is the accurate? The definiton of bigot is "one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance" how did he hate against gays?

So in that case, wouldn't the people who insult the non-gay supporters by saying they "aren't with the times" or "ignorant" be bigots themselves? Hating against a group for their own beliefs?

I probably didn't really relay my thoughts that well In my post, it's just something that always had struck me as odd. I really don't lean strongly pro or against, just a thought I had.

... and this is where science, politics and religion intersect. People who are anti-gay for religious reasons don't want a "gay gene", because that lends more credibility to the idea that you are born gay. If there's no genetic basis for sexual orientation, that makes it seem more like a simple choice you make. Of course, those kinds of people are good at ignoring science that they don't like, so it might not matter much. I really don't know which way the science is leaning at this point.

Archived