New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

I'm sure a lot of us will probably want to post out quick fixes... here's mine....

White numbers on the brown jersey, stripes on the socks, and (obviously, most importantly) losing the pants lettering. Plus only 7 possible combos. Leave the mono looks for Bowling Green.

brwnew_zpszrwoa1po.png

I'd give these a 8/10 (I hope there is no contrasting stitching otherwise 5)

That's pretty close to what i would've done (brown number on the white, smaller wordmark [probably "Browns"], and different sock usage).

Re: the sock usage, I would've gone

Jersey/Pants/Socks

Brown/White/Brown

White/White/White

all the rest the same as above

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really see nothing wrong with the new uniforms. I love the new orange, I love the orange jersey and pants. I love that they wanted to be different by making the word mark bigger. I even love the BROWNS on the pants. And I love the all brown and all orange sets (yes, I said that). I really want Nike to do something with the Titans, Jets, and Panthers too.

I'm hoping they don't. The Jets' only issue is the stripes abruptly stopping (same problem as the Colts) and the Panthers and Titans are an improved helmet stripe away from perfection (okay, the Titans could use a more legible font, but that font has become part of their identity).

I think it's time to stop letting Nike redesign NFL uniforms. The Vikings and Dolphins are the only ones I would call acceptable and even they have some flaws.

I put the Vikings and Browns in the same category (okay but with some obvious flaws). The Dolphins are by far the best Nike NFL set aesthetically, but it just doesn't look like the Miami Dolphins.

I think it's time to stop letting Nike redesign NFL uniforms. The Vikings and Dolphins are the only ones I would call acceptable and even they have some flaws.

I would go as far as saying the Vikings are the only acceptable redesign.

spacer.png

I'm sure a lot of us will probably want to post out quick fixes... here's mine....

White numbers on the brown jersey, stripes on the socks, and (obviously, most importantly) losing the pants lettering. Plus only 7 possible combos. Leave the mono looks for Bowling Green.

brwnew_zpszrwoa1po.png

Soooo boring.

Does no one here like the Seahawks uniforms?

Just for my own curiosity, what are your/anyone on here's, top 5 NFL uniforms then?

Just for my own curiosity, what are your/anyone on here's, top 5 NFL uniforms then?

In no particular order:

Raiders

Chiefs

Packers

Bears

Redskins

Seahawks are probably the worst in the NFL, in my opinion.

In no particular order:

Raiders

Chiefs

Packers

Bears

Redskins

Seahawks are probably the worst in the NFL, in my opinion.

This: rw.jpg

being worse than these:

img24350718.jpg

temp041415-reveal-03--nfl_mezz_1280_1024dm_140820_nfl_buccs_preview8811.jpg483ef0911f5e27073a015b45aee7a288b9c8d3bf

I think the Seahwaks are just a few minor tweaks away from having great uniforms. They need to get rid of the duck footprint patter on the helmet. Then they just need to match the scale of the pattern on the collar and pants...or just scrap the duck pattern all together and have a solid stripe on the pants with some sort of small, lime green accent. People forget how BAD the Seahawks uniforms were with that just giant splotch of a shoulder cap and the miniscule stripes. Not only that, the pewter or whatever and dark, dark, dark teal with the extremely bright green didn't look good together, at all.

Just about every NEW uniform since 1990 has flaws. Even some of the old "classic" uniforms had flaws in them. People just tend to ignore them because of nostalgia or because they are considered classic.

I think its OK for teams to have SOME character to their uniforms, even if they are considered legendary/classic. For the Browns, if they would have just stuck to the large CLEVELAND wordmark and no pants wordmark or vice versa, it wouldn't had been nearly as bad.

brwnew_zpszrwoa1po.png

Soooo boring.

Your kidding right?

I prefer the previous Seattle uniform to the one they have now if that answers his question. As far as the current one, I do like how the neon green pops on the uniform and I love the monochrome, but the color navy is so overused in the NFL that they are just blah to me.

Top 5:

1) Green Bay Packers

2) Minnesota Vikings

3) Chicago Bears

4) Oakland Raiders

5) Houston Texans

spacer.png

I don't dislike the Seahawks uniforms as much as most here. I'm not a fan of the collar bone stripe or the texture on the helmet stripe, but other than that they're ok, and definitely not the worst in the NFL.

As for the top 5, mine would be:

Packers

Bears

Raiders

Chiefs

49ers

I also think the Jags would have a pretty solid modern set if they made the helmet black and removed the Jags patch. I think the best makeover of the past few years is the Bills by a wide margin.

temp041415-reveal-03--nfl_mezz_1280_1024

The more I see the pants the more I hate them. Okay, even with all the flaws of this set, it would look decent (but still worse than the last set) if the stripes covered the entire length of the pants. They would look like an unremarkable set Nike might have given any college team in the late '90s. So why do they have the wordmark there? Because Nike. Nike couldn't stop itself, and couldn't let that happen. Even on a jersey emphasizing a common and simple striping pattern, they had to do something to show that these uniforms were designed and produced by Nike. If the stripes went the whole length "these look like boring jerseys produced by Champion." But half stripes with words underneath, "Wow. These look dope."

If you think further, no team Nike's redesigned has had a traditional-style pants stripe. The Dolphins deviated from the consistent 3 or 5/7 stripe pants they had used their entire history to a really thick center stripe surrounded by piping, essentially. The Vikings went with a thick stripe with two thinner stripes in front of it. Even when it's clearly to the detriment of the overall look or when it deviates from the rest of the design, Nike just can't bring itself to design pants that look like football pants which might have been worn before.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The more I see the pants the more I hate them. Okay, even with all the flaws of this set, it would look decent (but still worse than the last set) if the stripes covered the entire length of the pants. They would look like an unremarkable set Nike might have given any college team in the late '90s. So why do they have the wordmark there? Because Nike. Nike couldn't stop itself, and couldn't let that happen. Even on a jersey emphasizing a common and simple striping pattern, they had to do something to show that these uniforms were designed and produced by Nike. If the stripes went the whole length "these look like boring jerseys produced by Champion." But half stripes with words underneath, "Wow. These look dope."

If you think further, no team Nike's redesigned has had a traditional-style pants stripe. The Dolphins deviated from the consistent 3 or 5/7 stripe pants they had used their entire history to a really thick center stripe surrounded by piping, essentially. The Vikings went with a thick stripe with two thinner stripes in front of it. Even when it's clearly to the detriment of the overall look or when it deviates from the rest of the design, Nike just can't bring itself to design pants that look like football pants which might have been worn before.

Nike has been destroying uniforms pants for the last several years in college and I don't understand what the point is in making changes when they are not needed. Below is a brief list of schools that Nike overhauled and destroyed the pants in the process:

• Miami Hurricanes
  • Arizona Wildcats
  • Arizona State Sun Devils
  • Arkansas Razorbacks
  • Baylor Bears

spacer.png

About the only thing that can be considered "good" out of this is that the Browns didn't alter the helmet. Specifically, that they didn't go to the half-assed stripes that stop at one of the ridges on the Revo Speeds just because. I mean, we've seen players on teams which are actually *trying* to look good (like the Packers) with Revo Speed stripes that didn't make it all the way down to the cervical pad, so the stripes are a pleasant surprise.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I like Seahawks' uniforms a lot, although I wish they would use their gray pants more often. I'd go as far as to say the Seahawks set is one of my three favorites in the league, along with the Bears and Raiders.

I think Nike's deal with pants stripes is pretty simple... they're trying to make designs in an effort to best show off their proprietary pants template. You can see with most NFL teams, they have no problem creating a traditional stripe when that's what they're told to do, but if allowed, they'd rather have the stripes follow the seams of their template. That's huge in their college designs (think tOSU's alternate uniform of the past few years), pants stripes that end at an angle at the bottom of the hip for no other reason than that's how the seams of the pants end.

That's also what gets us underarm spikes, toilet seat collars, etc. BBTV hit the nail on the head... it has to do with having the designer also be the supplier... there's a built in conflict of interest. If all you are is a designer, than there's no reason to do anything but give the client the best possible design for them. But if the designer is also a supplier, trying to push their own needs, you get designs that can sometimes serve the needs of the supplier more than the client.

Reebok's designs sucked, but you never got the idea they were attempting to self promote, beyond that little logo on the sleeve.

Archived