Unused Logos and Uniforms

Prototype Rams jersey from 1999:

I3dNDjd.jpg

Nykx8qq.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-MAKE-OFFER-Game-Issued-St-Louis-Rams-Authentic-Prototype-Jersey-1-1-/172057142094?hash=item280f67a34e:g:CtcAAOSw5dNWkfWo

Note the custom number font, which the Rams didn't start using on the field until they switched from Puma to Reebok. Also, note the custom NOB font, which never saw the field but did appear, along with the number font, on the replica jerseys in 2000.

• Like 2

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• 4 weeks later...

Happy birthday, St. Louis Blues!

CueRvIZ.jpg

Something I never noticed with these before, is that the BlueNote goes over the text on the blue jersey, and under the text on the white jersey.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

8 minutes ago, jrodsep said:

Was watching the 30 for 30 on the Buffalo Bills and noticed that they used blue pants in 1991 training camp. Was this an unused uniform or just for practice? 

Hmmm, that's interesting. It wouldn't be the first (or last) use of blue pants by them, but ASAIK they never wore blue pants with the red helmets in games.

On January 10, 2016 at 4:40 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

Maybe not appropriate for this thread since it was "used", but here's an odd variation of the Flyers logo from the mid '70s.

shero01.jpg4907-480Fr.jpgshero650.jpg

Ew

spacer.png

19 minutes ago, jrodsep said:

Was watching the 30 for 30 on the Buffalo Bills and noticed that they used blue pants in 1991 training camp. Was this an unused uniform or just for practice? 

IMG_0368.PNG

They wore those blue pants on the road as recently as 1986, so they used the spare ones as practice pants into the '90s. If they reversed the red and white, then made the center stripe proportionately thicker to match the sleeve stripes, those pants would have looked great on the road. I always felt the road look of that set was lacking. Too little blue.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

4 hours ago, TheOldRoman said:

They wore those blue pants on the road as recently as 1986, so they used the spare ones as practice pants into the '90s. If they reversed the red and white, then made the center stripe proportionately thicker to match the sleeve stripes, those pants would have looked great on the road. I always felt the road look of that set was lacking. Too little blue.

Not too bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, that Footscray-Fitzroy merger that never happened.  Probably a good thing, given there's very little Footscray in that jumper iMO.

As for that aborted Pacers set: Relegating gold to tertiary status?  Gradient?  Teal?  Ugh.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 2/20/2016 at 4:16 AM, goalieboy82 said:

Fitzroy Bulldogs

B0HTxChCAAAWTiv.jpg

52 minutes ago, Discrimihater said:

Ah, that Footscray-Fitzroy merger that never happened.  Probably a good thing, given there's very little Footscray in that jumper iMO.

As for that aborted Pacers set: Relegating gold to tertiary status?  Gradient?  Teal?  Ugh.

The reason it didn't show much Footscray was due to the fact it was going to be Footscray Lions Football Club.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

17 hours ago, pepis21 said:

It must be very close to introduce that, because on old nba store site (from 1996) I found this:

vQ77mW.gif

Maybe it's just the stripes on the jerseys looking a bit like waves to me, but I'd love this if it was a "hey we're moving into the Staples Center so let's look like we kinda care" rebrand for the Clippers in 1999, typeface and all. Just a real nautical theme to me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goalieboy82 said:

they were going to be the Fitzroy Bulldogs:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fitzroy_Bulldogs

That was the second incarnation.

At first it was Originally going to be called Foootscray - Fitzroy Football Club bt it was to much of a mouthful so they went with Footscray Lions.

Fitzroy then wanted it changed.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

On 2/20/2016 at 10:58 AM, KittSmith_95 said:

Not sure if these were posted in here already, but here are some Indiana Pacers prototypes:

U27tFSm.png

Teal? Check. Gradient? Check. All they needed to do was change the navy to purple and you got a complete 90's uniform.

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 8:58 AM, KittSmith_95 said:

Not sure if these were posted in here already, but here are some Indiana Pacers prototypes:

U27tFSm.png

Quite the find. Any idea what the logo would've looked like had they went that route?

2 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Teal? Check. Gradient? Check. All they needed to do was change the navy to purple and you got a complete 90's uniform.

Pretty certain teal was the 90s equivalent of BFBS.

6uXNWAo.png

Jose+Reyes+New+York+Yankees+v+Miami+Marl

I know this red-orange Miami Marlins batting helmet isn't unused but it was only worn once (an exhibition game a few days before the official opening of Marlins Park in 2012)... I didn't like it at the time, especially with the black jersey, but with many wanting the Marlins to drop their heavy use of black, I wonder if this helmet is a simple block to build off of.

• Like 1