NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bolt957 said:

Quick question, so now that Nike has taken over apparel for the NBA, when does that translate over to the G-League and WNBA?

When their season begins/ends i think.

2 hours ago, Bolt957 said:

Quick question, so now that Nike has taken over apparel for the NBA, when does that translate over to the G-League and WNBA?

Let me Google that for you ...

WNBA: http://www.wnba.com/news/nike-inc-to-become-exclusive-oncourt-uniform-and-apparel-provider-of-the-nba-wnba-and-nba-d-league/

G-League: http://gleague.nba.com/news/nike-nba-partnership-exclusive-oncourt-uniform-apparel-provider/

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

30 minutes ago, tscuzzy said:

ffOZjZp.png

the way the cut in the short fabric near the knees screws up the direction of the stripes... *throws up*. the template needs to be made with the previous design in mind.. instead they are forcing the design onto the template 

Or...even better...come up with a brand new design...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Nike takeover significantly downgraded the side panels for the Grizzlies and Magic, and destroyed any sense the Rockets and Raptors designs (which weren't great in the first place) had. And that's not counting the  awful way arm trim and side panels overlap on teams with both like the Sixers and Spurs. And if you also add how the interrupted arm trim, the off center notch on the shorts that interrupts continuous stripes, and the belt buckle  logo on the shorts even for teams that don't need one like the Bulls and I really struggle to see how this the adidas-Nike switch is an improvement. The alts are probably better and thank G-d there are no sleeves, but pretty much every jersey in the NBA got downgraded slightly without even counting the ads and the nike swoosh

07Giants.pngnyy.png

1 minute ago, anythinglogos said:

The Nike takeover significantly downgraded the side panels for the Grizzlies and Magic, and destroyed any sense the Rockets and Raptors designs (which weren't great in the first place had. And that's not counting the  awful way arm trim and side panels overlap on teams with both like the Sixers and Spurs. And if you also add how the interrupted arm trim, the off center notch on the shorts that interrupts continuous stripes, and the belt buckle  logo on the shorts even for teams that don't need one like the Bulls and I really struggle to see how this the adidas-Nike switch is an improvement. The alts are probably better and thank G-d there are no sleeves, but pretty much every jersey in the NBA got downgraded slightly without even counting the ads and the nike swoosh

Agreed. Some of the Statement uniforms and lack of sleeves are an improvement, but none of the "regular" uniforms look better on the Nike Vapor template. I guess you could say that the Wolves unis are a slight improvement over the previous ones, but that's not saying much. The Blazers (wordmarks), Pelicans (wordmarks) and Clippers (loss of black / redesign) also look slightly better, but that's not because of the template. All in all...probably a lateral move altogether. Unless somehow these City Edition uniforms blow us away, but I highly doubt that happening.

On 9/18/2017 at 1:06 AM, Bradbury said:

While I "know" Memphis is getting a new/refinished court, don't count on this being 100% accurate. I've never seen the wordmarks colored this way on navy blue, only the inverse:

[PHOTO]

I wish there were some gold involved in the new/2K court, it is a clean, no-nonsense look.

Grizzlies posted about their new video board last week. Just realized they gave us a sneak of the new court as well:

All-navy lanes are confirmed, as well as the proper coloring of the baseline wordmarks.

Archived