Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here’s a look at Utah’s City uniforms in action:

DU1oWakWkAU0_kh?format=jpg

And the Pistons’:

DU1mcgMWsAAJPs9?format=jpg

(As an aside, I believe this is the first time all season the Cavs have worn contrasting tights and arm sleeves).

And the Wizards’:

DU1eZDCXUAIsw_I?format=jpg

And another look at the Knicks’:

DU1lKgRX0AY98cm?format=jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The Jazz look pretty decent for the most part tonight, I must admit. However, one thing is bugging me. It’s a Gobert trademark that his jersey ALWAYS comes untucked somehow, and tonight he looks like he’s wearing a long gold/orange top and black shorts at various points of the game. The gradient loses its effect badly in that case. 

Not that the design team is at any fault, as jerseys are obviously meant to be tucked and it was designed accordingly. It’s just a little pet peeve that’s brewing right now watching the game.

EDIT: I should add, the look hit a home run here in Utah. I’ve seen the city merchandise everywhere.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

51 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Here’s a look at Utah’s City uniforms in action:

DU1oWakWkAU0_kh?format=jpg

I really like these.

Only real qualms I have is I'd like to see a bigger shade change between the yellow-orange where the number is and also the dark red on the bottom of the shorts so both areas have more distinct colour changes.

44 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

EDIT: I should add, the look hit a home run here in Utah. I’ve seen the city merchandise everywhere.

I think I've changed my mind on the City merchandise and I'm going to see if I can get something. Provided the NBA shop or somewhere else feels like having the City merchandise available for purchase.

IbjBaeE.png

14 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Umm, exactly half of the teams in the league have yet to wear their City uniforms... Portland, Cleveland, Houston, Boston, Philly, New York, Brooklyn, Orlando, Indiana, LAC, Utah, Denver, Washington, Minnesota, and Detroit. Several of those teams are debuting them tonight or tomorrow, but still, come on man.

Clippers aren't wearing theirs till March. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4ffh6gt.png

3 hours ago, keynote said:

The jersey #s on those Wizards' unis can't be visible from the stands.

They should have made the numbers navy blue.  Probably legible from midcourt seats, but if you’re on the ends, you have to be struggling for half the game. 

Utah looks pretty good. Not the biggest fan of the plain white wordmark and number.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

10 hours ago, Digby said:

Weird thing about Detroit this year is that they still have two pointless alts, but those pointless alts look a lot better this year.

I agree. I didn't like the gray ones at first, and they still look a bit odd in photos, but in action they look alright. I never really got on board with the previous Motor City set, I but I really like this one (even if they don't have any of the team's standard colors).

The Utah unis turned out a lot better than I thought they would, and the floor looks great. My only nitpicks are that they should have gone with a true gradient, in my opinion, and that the uniforms took a bit of getting used to in terms of watchability. What I mean is that with the light shirts and dark shorts, its tough to decide if it's a light or dark uniform set (since it's both). It seems like opposing teams will need to stick to wearing white when playing against this set. Hopefully this opens the door for an eventual return of the purple mountain jerseys, and Utah gets a matching floor then, too.

Miami's Vice set is another complete deviation from the team's usual colors that actually works. I wouldn't mind a full time switch to that scheme, but drastic departures from tradition are usually a bad idea. Of course, Miami's baseball team has already done that, and the hockey team's latest change was major, as well.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

20 hours ago, HighCheese said:

https://www.mavs.com/pulling-back-the-curtain-on-the-creative-process-behind-the-city-edition-jerseys/

-they went with black because the players have always wanted black (ho hum)

-the green is called "action green" and its to give an update to their old green theyve used in the past

-DAL because they wanted something different from Dallas, Mavericks and Mavs. They used DFW in preseason a few years ago

nike speak:

“Only in Dallas will you feel the energy the downtown skyline brings to its Dallasites. Marked by the neon glow on the letters, numbers and piping, the new Mavs City Edition Jersey reflects the swagger of the Big D and the vibrancy of Dallas nights.”

Can anyone more familiar with this situation find images showing this? I'd never heard of it happening and I can't find anything by just googling.

Those DAL uniforms are an atrocity.  

Those Knicks alts are wonderful.

The Jazz alts should be their primary.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

2 hours ago, CS85 said:

The Jazz alts should be their primary.

I absolutely LOVE the alt, but I respectfully disagree that they should be the primary jersey. They're great alts. However, I do wish they were the Statement jersey. These are too good to just be a one year jersey. If they kept these a couple more years than they could alternate a green or gold jersey each year with their City jersey.

Also, I hope they eventually do a Northern Utah version of these with purples and blues. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Archived